You say food product, I say torture

More fatuousness from the same dipshits who think that pizza and ketchup are veggies:

On Monday night, O’Reilly Factor host Bill O’Reilly and Fox News host Megyn Kelly sat down to discuss what really happened at UC Davis on Friday and whether campus police acted appropriately in showering a group of sitting students with pepper spray. Their conclusion? No big deal.

“Pepper spray, that just burns your eyes, right?” O’Reilly asked Kelly.

“Right,” Kelly said. “I mean, its like a derivative of actual pepper. It’s a food product, essentially.”

Exactly! Like jalapeno poppers, or queso dip. Delicious. In fact, pepper spray is about 1,000 times hotter than a jalapeno, Mother Jonesreports.

I tend to think of myself as hard bitten, cynical and unshockable but the pepper spray cop episode actually shocked me. It was so gratuitous and unnecessary. If pepper spray is a “food product” why isn’t it ever used as such? How fucking stupid do they think we are? Oh, that’s right it’s Bill-O so he has reason to think that his viewers are dumber than a bag of hammers and might just use pepper spray on their vittles.

The other thing that amazes me about the pepper spray episode is that almost *everyone* has a camera phone that can shoot blurry videos. Cruel, gratuitous *and* stupid. Let’s call the whole thing off:

8 thoughts on “You say food product, I say torture

1. MichaelF says:

I noted over at Rising Hegemon — where I also saw this — if pepper spray was really a food product, this cartoon wouldn’t be funny.
    I wonder what their reaction would have been had it been Tea Partiers being sprayed so casually…

2. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

Well, by Fux Snooze’s “lahjick” – then Hemlock is a ‘food product’ and so is fecal matter – Eat and drink up Bill’O and Megyn.

3. thebewilderness says:

So when mustard is used as a chemical weapon against your own people in Iraq it becomes necessary for the US to bomb those people back to the stone age and invade the country.
    When chili is used as a chemical weapon against your own people it is just a delicious food product so no harm no foul.
    The effects of mustard gas and pepper spray are very similar. Although one is considered an illegal chemical weapon and the other is standard police issue.
    BillO may very well be one of the most vile human beings on the planet.

4. Sandman says:

If pepper spray is no big deal, Mr. Bill shouldn’t mind taking a full-impact spray right in his smug fucking face to prove it to all the mouth-breathers who swallow his bullshit.
    Yeah, that’s gonna happen.

5. spocko says:

Sandman. If Bill breaks the law then she should expect it. Now we just need to catch Bill in the process of breaking the law. Hmmm. Too bad his sexual harassment victim didn’t have pepper spray.

6. FeralLiberal says:

Adrastos, you’ll tweak anything to tie into an Ella Fitzgerald clip – I love it!

how does pepper spray taste with cake?

8. LC says:

This is one of those weird cases where Fox is only catching up to centrist Canadian politicians.
    The Prime Minister of Canada (Jean Chretien) famously quipped “For me, pepper, I put it on my plate,” in response to whether or not he supported the pepper-spraying of protesters 15 years ago.