Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Odds and Clods edition

OK, peeps. One newish topic and a big grab bag of moldy oldies.

First up –“It’s a blech thing, baby – you wouldn’t understand!”

Allen West Calls Trayvon Martin Shooting an ‘Outrage’ and Endorses Federal Investigation
The Blaze ^ | March 22, 2012 | Mytheos Holt

Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:03:25 PM byFree ThinkerNY

Ever since his CPAC Keynote Address in 2010, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) has been one of the gold standards of modern American political conservatism. He has also been widely hailed as a political model for conservative African American politicians. And now, following recent revelations surrounding the highly suspicious shooting of Trayvon Martin, Rep. West has joined a growing bipartisan consensus calling for the case to be reopened, possibly even with Federal assistance. West’s statement, put out today by Talking Points Memo, resonates with controlled fury (emphasis added):

itself in Sanford, Florida involving the shooting of 17-year-old Treyvon Martin. First of all, if all that has been reported is accurate, the Sanford Police Chief should be relieved of his duties due to what appears to be a mishandling of this shooting in its early stages. The US Navy SEALS identified Osama Bin Laden within hours, while this young man laid on a morgue slab for three days. The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him…against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason. I have signed a letter supporting a DOJ investigation. I am not heading to Sanford to shout and scream, because we need the responsible entities and agencies to handle this situation from this point without media bias or undue political influences. This is an outrage.

1 posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:03:26 PM byFree ThinkerNY
Oh my.

To: Free ThinkerNY

VP…lol

3 posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:08:39 PM byTheoria (Rush Limbaugh: Ron Paul sounds like an Islamic terrorist)
That was my reaction as well.

To: Free ThinkerNY

So is West also ignoring the eye witness report that this 6’2″ “kid” was beating the cr@p out of the Hispanic man who shot him? Apparently so.

BTW, as a conservative, the media tells me I hate blacks and Hispanics, so my imputed racism makes me neutral…

Wtf3

4 posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:08:48 PM bypiytar (Rebellion is here! Free Republic is on the front line!NEVER SURRENDER!)

To: Free ThinkerNY
“conservative African American politicians.”

African American political conservatives. Priorities.

6 posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:11:06 PM byI see my hands (It’s time to.. KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHER FREEPERS!)
To: Free ThinkerNY

So much for West!

Just another Racist/Race-baitor pretender in the mold of Colin Powell.

Martin out weighed Zimmerman, and towered over him, and inflicted serious injury.

10 posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:15:46 PM byeditor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax – No Way!)
Yes, folks – this is how far down the rabbit-hole they’ve gone.

To: Free ThinkerNY

So this guy should be slammed in jail, in irons if necessary, w/o trial. And the Police Chief fired for refusing to jump to conclusions.

Allen West: Some conservative. We’re supposed to be the side of “Nation of Laws.” But not when the shootee isone of West’s People, I guess. Oh well, this is the year for people to wash out of the conservative movement, and today it’s West’s turn. Bye.

32 posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:31:29 PM byCyber Liberty (The only flaw is that America doesn’t recognize Cyber’s omniscience. — sergeantdave)
To: MissouriConservative
From what I’ve heard, Zimmerman was attacked as he was going back to his truck by this “kid”.

And from what I’ve read, the “kid” had done nothing to warrant being followed, first in an SUV and then on foot, by Zimmerman, who ignored police dispatcher instructions that he should not pursue Martin.

What would your reaction be if you were simply walking home from the store and some stranger started stalking you and then chasing you on foot?

Throw my bag of Skittles at him?
The fact that Martin had reason to be concerned should be self-evident – he was killed. There’s certainly room for questions in this case.
70 posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:58:58 PM byAnotherUnixGeek
BanHim3

To: piytar

Even a so-called black “conservative” can’t see passed the skin color.

97 posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 12:28:42 AM byBullish
This home schooling thing is definitely beginning to bear bitter fruit.

To: 101stAirborneVet

So far, nobody has presented any evidence the kid is a criminal. Since it’s been about a week, I think it’s safe to say that he wad simply a kid who had been walking home to his father’s house after buying his goods at the local convenience store and nothing more.

189 posted on Friday, March 23, 2012 2:35:32 AM byJonty30 (What Islam and secularism have in common is that they are both death cults.)
BanHimCannon
And, of course:

To: SoldierDad

Mexicans shooting blacks is a normal day here in LA.

21 posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:23:01 PM byedcoil (It is not over until I win.)
*rimshot*
Grab bag of aging Freepitude after the you-know-what.

Reaching way to the back for this one –So Solly!

Actress in controversial ad for Pete Hoekstra’s (Michigan) Senate campaign is ‘deeply sorry’
The Cutline ^ | February 16, 2012 | Dylan Stableford

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 5:53:29 AM byno dems

An Asian-American actress who starred in the controversial ad produced by Michigan Republican Pete Hoekstra’s U.S. Senate campaign has apologized for her participation.

“I am deeply sorry for any pain that the character I portrayed brought to my communities,” Lisa Chan, the actress, wrote in a statement on her Facebook page; this role is not in any way representative of who I am.”

The ad, which ran statewide during the Super Bowl, features a young Asian woman riding a bike through a field of rice paddies and speaking broken Englishwhile thanking Hoekstra’s opponent, Democratic incumbent Debbie Stabenow, for her “reckless spending.”

“Thank you, Michigan Senator Debbie Spenditnow,” the woman says. “Debbie spends so much American money. You borrow more and more from us. Your economy get very weak. Ours get very good. We take your jobs. Thank you, Debbie Spenditnow.”

“It is very disturbing that Mr. Hoekstra’s campaign chose to use harmful negative stereotypes that intrinsically encourage anti-Asian sentiment,”the Asian & Pacific Islander American Vote group said in a statement.

On Monday, Hoekstra defended the commercial. “Clearly China is one of many countries benefiting from our irresponsible spending,” Hoekstra told Detroit’s WJR-AM. “To highlight that is absolutely appropriate.” A message left by Yahoo News at Stabenow’s D.C. office was not immediately returned.

On Facebook, Hoekstra added: “[Those] trying to make this an issue of race demonstrates their total ignorance of job creation policies.” During a conference call with reporters later Monday, Hoekstra continued to stand by the ad.

“We knew we were taking an aggressive approach on this, but this is a time when the people of Michigan and across the country are fed up with the spending,” he told reporters. “It hits Debbie smack dab between the eyes where she is vulnerable with the voters of Michigan.”
********************************************************************

Whaddya think FReepers? I’m glad Pete is standing by the ad. Pete is no wuss like most Pubbies who would cave and quiver and apologize over something like this. Debbie Stabenow is a despicable U.S. Senator and needs to be defeated. Hang tough Congressman Hoekstra. Finally a Republican with some ‘nads.
1 posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 5:53:37 AM byno dems

Republican consultant Mike Murphy swiftlytweeted his verdict Sunday night: “Pete Hoekstra Superbowl TV ad in MI Senate race really, really dumb. I mean really.”

Michigan-based GOP consultant Nick DeLeeuw aired his grievances on Facebook: “Stabenow has got to go. But shame on Pete Hoekstra for that appalling new advertisement. Racism and xenophobia aren’t any way to get things done.”

Alicia Ping, an Asian-American GOP commissioner in Washtenaw County, dubbed the advertisement “incredibly racist.”

The media reviews haven’t been kinder.

To: All

To correc her quote, she’s “DeepRy Sorry”

11 posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 6:24:13 AM byPizzaTheHut
To: PizzaTheHut

Does this mean they were praying the lace card?

19 posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 7:51:09 AM byWombat Ark
Me hate you long time.
Next up – the ranks just continue to swell, asLevin, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck? RINOS!

Levin, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, others to leave a Legacy of COWARDICE
VANITY

Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:57:01 AM byChance Hart

First off, I am a conservative and have spent countless hours listening to and reading the books of all these men. Reading Levin’s Liberty and Tyranny was compelling, as were many of the publications of these Patriots. With the VAST amount of Constitutional research accumulated in order to write these best sellers, there is and has always has been one important fact known to ALL these men to be a Constitutional FACT missing. That non negotiable FACT is that according to the Constitution, Barack Hussein Obama is NOT eligible to be placed on the ballot, let alone occupy his present position as President of the United States of America! Obama himself touts the fact that his father was a British Subject at the time of his “BHO 2’s” birth, making him at the very least a duel citizen and not eligible to hold the office as president. Furthermore, Daddy was NEVER a citizen of the United States, again making Jr. ineligible with that fact alone. None of these men (as far as I know) served in the military for whatever reason and I think there may be some suppressed guilt because of that when I hear their accolades regarding current and former Men of Honor. As they refer to many of their callers and guests as “Brother”, they at the same time have never felt compelled to commit the heroic act of jumping on a Firecracker, let alone a Grenade to help save their “Brothers” and in the end help save this Nation. Levin is the one that has disappointed me the most when I heard him disenfranchise many of his loyal listeners on Jan 19th, 2010 (may have been the 20th) by referring to those that even questioned the eligibility issue as (paraphrasing) ignorant and foolish. He followed that comment by saying that Obama was of course eligible to be President. He, in my opinion is an expert on the Constitution and knows full well that his statement was an out and out lie. When the truth finally reveals itself, I can almost hear the excuses from these Less than Honorable radio and TV Patriots now – 1. I was given strict orders from station bosses not to bring up or allow discussion on the eligibility issue and to refer to those that do bring it up as ignorant Birthers. 2. Yes, I of course knew the simple truth, but decided it was the wrong approach to be honest when the proper way to handle this was at the Ballot Box. 3. Book sales were BOOMING and I was too GUTLESS to show the Courage that I ask my listeners to display on a daily basis. 4. There are a few in the business that are standing their ground on this issue and Liberals are calling them names. Sticks and Stones will break my Bones and even Words would really hurt me because I AM A COWARD! By the way, there are thousands of these Cowards walking the halls of Congress and other places that have at least to this point failed to MAN UP. All this makes me admire all the more the few that in their heart really do trust God Almighty and FEAR NO EVIL.

1 posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:57:10 AM byChance Hart
Paragraphs are your friend.
Sanity – a nodding aquaintance at best.

To: Chance Hart
Well, I was GONN’A say, “Who in hell are YOU?”, until I read your post.

It goes beyond those you’ve cited and I believe the Lord is soon to return.

So I’ll be smothering my wife and children tonight in preparation

Anti-Christ will appear and most of the planet will agree with him.

I agree with you.

Uh oh.

Are we THAT far away?

I don’t think so.

5 posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:06:34 AM byknarf(I say things that are true … I have no proof … but they’re true)
Love that sig line.

To: Chance Hart
Talk radio continues to do nothing more than placate conservatives and sooth us into in-action, It has been successful beyond the imagination of the most ardent leftist. These “anger pimps” make money and do nothing all the while making us FEEL like something good is happening. WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY DURING THE DADT DEBACLE?
Lingerie’ shopping?

AWOL.
7 posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:13:19 AM bycentral_va ( I won’t be reconstructed and I do not give a damn.)
To: Chance Hart

Add Ann Coulter to the list.

of people I wouldn’t fuck withyour dick.

If they dislike Obama and what he is doing to our country, I do not understand why they will not discuss and force a decision on eligibility.

They are not fighting for what is correct.

Are the controlled by their bosses?

9 posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:17:06 AM byYooperman (Yooperman)
Controlled by their survival instinct, more like.

To: NCLaw441

“All of that said, why the insults and name calling and insults? Disagree, ok, but calling some of these guys, especially Levin, are anything but cowards.”

Haven’t you heard? The only brave people we have left are the nameless posters on FR who constantly insult any public conservative with whom they disagree.

20 posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:05:23 AM byMatt Hatter
WinningSheen
Next up – F off, Tinkerbell!!!

Paul Babeu’s Mexican Ex-Lover Says Sheriff’s Attorney Threatened Him With DeportationPhoenix News Times ^ | February 17, 2012

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 11:35:51 PM byHildy

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu — who became the face of Arizona border security nationally after he started stridently opposing illegal immigration — threatened his Mexican ex-lover with deportation when the man refused to promise never to disclose their years-long relationship, the former boyfriend and his lawyer tell New Times.

(Excerpt) Read more atphoenixnewtimes.com

*******************

Babeu is running for Congress in the new District 4. My friend, Senator Ron Gould is running as well. I think his chances just got a whole lot better. I do not know how the Sheriff is going to get out of this… What do you think?
1 posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 11:35:55 PM byHildy
To: Hildy

good lord

and michael berry too

im done with cakers pretending to be something they are not

eff off tinkerbells

20 posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:00:46 AM bywardaddy (I am a social conservative. My political party left me(again). They can go to hell in a bucket.)
To: Hildy

BTW, Hildy, you do know the Phoenix New Times is a notoriously left-wing publication, don’t you? Babeu is the second-most prominent Sheriff in AZ in leading on the immigration/invasion issue (to the point that he would also be viewed as an enemy by the WH/Napolitano, et al). The open borders types would stoop to anything to destroy him. It’s why anything reported by the leftist media can be taken with a grain of salt.

21 posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:01:29 AM byfieldmarshaldj
DeNile

To: Hildy; TigersEye

Yes. It bothers me that you posted this left wing rot on Free Republic without a shred of proof that any of these allegations are true. Shame on you, Hildy.
This man has been an exemplary law emforcement officer. There was not a hint of a threat in anything they presented as supposed proof. This is just foul and low.

26 posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:57:24 AM byMestaMachine (obama kills)

Drama-queen

To: Hildy

Ya Mean Babeu is a HOMO??

29 posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:39:08 AM byScanian
I woulda never had sex with him if I’d have knowed that!

To: Hildy
Phoenix New Times, the Sheriff Joe hating “news”paper – now there is a credible source!!!!
40 posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:24:09 AM byCheerio (Barry Hussein Soetoro-0bama=The Complete Destruction of American Capitalism)
And then, of course:

Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu denies threatening to deport lover (comes out of closet)Los Angeles Times ^ | 2-18-2012 | Ricardo Lopez

Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:22:30 PM byGoMU

An Arizona sheriff running for Congress as a Republican denied accusations Saturday that he had threatened to deport an alleged ex-lover, a Mexican national. In the process, he also resigned from a volunteer position with Mitt Romney’s Arizona campaign and came out as gay.

After a report published Thursday by the weekly Phoenix New Times, Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu acknowledged that he had a “personal relationship” with a man identified only as Jose.

2 posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:30:52 PM byTimaeus (Willard Mitt Romney Delenda Est)

To: All

This guy was one of the real border security guys.He was almost Arpaio. Now this?

9 posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:49:10 PM byLuke21
Almost Arpaio?
Isn’t he the one who’s obsessed with putting pink undershorts on men?
ArpaioPinkPanties
That’s what I thought.
DoYouLikeMe

To: Timaeus

OMG!!I really liked this guy. We are so doomed.

23 posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:48:30 AM byAnn Archy ( ABORTION…the HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
Doomed, maybe. But still…FABULOUS!
Next up – High gas prices? Blame the RAPE TENTS!!!

Republicans Are Ignoring The Real Reasons For High Gas Prices (It’s NOT the pipeline)
Business Insider ^ | 02/21/2012 | Robert Reichhhhhhhh

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:48:43 AM bySeekAndFind

Nothing drives voter sentiment like the price of gas – now averaging $3.56 a gallon, up 30 cents from the start of the year. It’s already hit $4 in some places. The last time gas topped $4 was 2008.

And nothing energizes Republicans like rising energy prices. Last week House Speaker John Boehner told Republicans to take advantage of voters’ looming anger over prices at the pump. On Thursday House Republicans passed a bill to expand offshore drilling and force the White House to issue a permit for the Keystone XL pipeline. The tumult prompted the Interior Department to announce on Friday expanded oil exploration in the Arctic.

If prices at the pump continue to rise, expect more gas wars.

In fact, oil prices are rising for three reasons — none of which has to do with offshore drilling or the XL pipeline.

The first, on the supply side, is Iran’s decision to cut in oil exports to Britain and France in retaliation for sanctions put in place by the EU and United States. Iran’s threat to this has been pushing up crude oil prices for weeks.

The second, on the demand side, is rising hopes for a global economic recovery – which would mean increased oil consumption. The American economy is showing faint signs of a recovery. Europe’s debt crisis appears to be easing. Greece’s pending bailout deal is calming financial nerves on both sides of the Atlantic, and the Bank of England and European Central Bank are keeping rates low. At the same time, China has decided to boost its money supply to spur growth there.

Neither of these would have much effect were it not for the third reason — overwhelming bets of hedge funds and other money managers that oil prices will rise.

1 posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:48:50 AM bySeekAndFind
To: SeekAndFind
This appeared in something called Business Insider?

Is this a publication people spend their hard-earned money onor is it one of those leaflets that get handed out for free outside of Occupy Wall Street rape tents?

21 posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:06:01 AM byTexas Eagle (If it wasn’t for double-standards, Liberals would have no standards at all — Texas Eagle)
And there you have it.
FreudOnVacation
Let’s have –Mars Attacks!

RNC spokesman says chances of brokered convention same as ‘space alien attack’
Washington Times ^ | 2/16/2012 | Kerry Picket

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 5:59:55 AM byFlotsam_Jetsome

Although there is much talk among political observers about the possibility of a brokered GOP convention in Tampa, Republican National Committee Communications Director Sean Spicer is not buying it.

“The last time we had a brokered convention was in the 1940’s, and we’re four contests in that have awarded delegates,” Mr. Spicer told me on Wednesday. “We are four weeks and four states into a process. I get that it’s the buzz, but I literally spend as much time worrying if some space alien attack happens.”

************************

Save us GOP Generic Kenobi, you’re our only hope!
1 posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 5:59:58 AM byFlotsam_Jetsome
To: Flotsam_Jetsome

Note that I did not say real conservatives are doomed. Just the Republican Party.

And the fact that the RNC “communications” director would utter such inarticulate, sophomoric phrases is just one more sign of that inevitable destruction.

That was my point.

16 posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 7:38:45 AM byEternalVigilance (It is very difficult, if not impossible, to reach those who deny what is self-evident.)
Well, he still has the job, and you’re still impotently posting on a fringe right-wing lunatic message board.
That is my point.

To: Flotsam_Jetsome

so 1964 was not a brokered convention???

Barry Goldwater 800
George Romney 40

19 posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 8:13:35 AM byTennessee Nana (Why should I vote for Bishop Romney when he hates me because I am a Christian)
Ah, yes – the last time that the GOP inmates got control of the asylum.
Exactly how did that election work out for you guys? I forget.

To: Flotsam_Jetsome

Hey, it could happen !!

21 posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 9:02:26 AM byScythian
SpitMyDrink
Time for one more – how about“I’m NOT dead!”

Reports of the Tea Party’s Death are Greatly Exaggerated
American Thinker ^ | 02/21/2012 | Sally Zelikovsky

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:26:25 AM bySeekAndFind

According to some in the press, the Tea Party is all but dead. Or is that just wishful thinking?

On February 16, 2012, approximately two hundred San Francisco Tea Party members stood outside of the Nob Hill Masonic Center in San Francisco toprotest Barack Obama. Standing behind the barricades next to the Tea Partiers stood a motley crew of Occupiers, pot legalizers and environmentalists, also protesting the president. The press was all over the place. After all, Obama was in town.

You couldn’t miss the Tea Partiers — they had about 100 bright red foam fingers that read “NOBAMA 2012.” The protest and accompanying fingers were inspired bySF Weekly journalist Erin Sherbert’s jab at Jan Brewer on January 27, 2012 entitled “Obama Coming to San Francisco, Where Nobody Will Wag Their Fingers in His Face.”

The San Francisco Tea Party viewed it differently. They considered it prime opportunity to wag their fingers in the face of the man who can celebrate being the first downgrade President, the overseer of one of the longest-running periods of unemployment over 8% since the Great Depression and the man responsible for our $15 trillion deficit, record spending, and a stalled economy yielding consistently lower GDP and tax revenues. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

This finger waggin’ at Obama — for driving the economy over the cliff and watching it plummet towards the bottom at lightning speed — is long overdue.

1 posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:26:28 AM bySeekAndFind

To: SeekAndFind

You can no longer judge the strength of the Tea Party by counting heads at protests. We somewhat like the fact that we’re being underestimated, and are patiently waiting for election day.

AppealSelective

The left clearly hasn’t learned the lesson they should have learned from the 2010 elections.

We’re still angry, perhaps more so than in 2010. Election day will be our protest.

5 posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:37:00 AM bywayoverontheright
Oh, don’t be such a baby.

To: SmileRight

We’ve gone to ground (which only makes us moredangerous amusing)

7 posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:38:51 AM byBuckeye McFrog
FIFY.

To: SeekAndFind

No, they’re dead, supporting Romney and other crackpots, the Tea Party movement it turns out was a bunch of brain dead Main Stream TV-BOTs…

11 posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:47:04 AM byScythian
You seem surprised.
More next week – let’s hit the decontam showers and get out of here.

Like this:

Tagged , , , , ,

9 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Odds and Clods edition

1. Razor Eddie says:

I can’t believe they’re STILL on the Birther bus; I thought they drove that one into the ground long ago.
    You would think that over the last few years, with all the reasons Obama has given them to hate him, that they’d have moved on to a more “reality based” shrieking.
    Amazing.

2. I do not understand the right-wing’s reflexive defense of George Zimmerman. Usually when the wingnuts go on the attack — like in the Sandra Fluke case, for instance — it’s easy to discern their motivation. Sandra Fluke spoke out in support of Obama, Obama is evil, therefore Sandra Fluke is evil. Also, socialized medicine, sexity sex, birth control, etc.
    But this case has me flummoxed. I don’t know if anyone has been over toLittle Green Footballs and followed Charles Johnson’s ongoing thing with Dan Riehl but it’s just hilarious, in a sad way. Riehl claiming photos the media has been running of Trayvon Martin were “lightened” to make him look more “innocent” (light now means innocent? Really?) and as racist as that stupid assumption is, it’s not even true because the photo he was referring to was a picture of Martin off a rally sign, not in the newspaper , so of course it will look different. Michelle Malkin picked it up I mean, it’s just insane. Now it’s all “media bias!” I’m like, what? An unarmed innocent minor killed by a neighborhood watch guy is suddenly a partisan issue?
    So what the hell is going on? Is it the right’s racism? Is it their pro-gun stance? Like, if someone is killed they must have been doing something wrong? All black teenagers deserve to die?
    What the hell is their issue? I really just don’t get it.

3. MarcD says:

So much of Freeperville is just homage to the No True Scotsman fallacy. I wonder how much total content is devoted to arguing over who is a true conservative and who is a RINO.
    And as far as the birther thing: I thin these were the people who, as kids, would consistently make up new rules to childhood games until they finally won. They are the most dangerous of political elements, because they don’t really believe in their country, Constitution, or democracy. They only believe those things when they result in the election of a pale skinned Christianist with a dick.

4. Dee Loralei says:

Thanks Tommy T!

5. Tommy T says:

Very welcome, lady Loralei.
    SB – I come to heap red-hot coals of ridicule on the Freeperati, not psychoanalyze them.
    As Sigmund so often says: “I’m on vacation”.
    Tommy

6. The Lodger says:

Remember, one of those kids who constantly made up new rules until he finally won was president for eight years. I think the birthers miss him, even though I’m not sure they’ll ever admit it.

7. Leper says:

Thanks for delving through the insanity again Tommy!
    @Razor Eddie
    The birthers love the idea that Obama isn’t really President because it allows them to feel that the right didn’t lose the 2008 election, it was stolen from them. Following this reasoning, everything bad that Obama has done since elected (i.e. everything that has happened since 2008) will be magically reversed once this fraud is revealed. These fantasies, along with a side order of racism, help drive the birther dream.
    @Southern Beale
    I ‘d guess that the Trayvon story has just the right combination of gun rights, racism and biased liberal media reporting that appeals to the right, although this doesn’t quite make sense, even allowing for their typical twisted reasoning. I’d also like a better idea of what the hell motivates them, assuming it doesn’t drive me insane.

RE: birthers. During the Clinton Administration the repubs very often, on hearing “President Clinton”, would shout out “He’s not my president!” Even with Clinton, born and bred in Arkansas of lilly-white parents, they couldn’t cope with the thought that a dem could be prez. Looking at the combination of Clinton and Carter, even though Carter was born-again evangelical, they couldn’t deal with him being a Southerner (likewise Clinton).
    RE: making up rules. Calvin Ball anyone?

9. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Southern Beale–

I do not understand the right-wing’s reflexive defense of George Zimmerman.

Don’t try too hard. On that path lies madness. But, if like Perseus with Medusa, you glance at it in a mirror you can get some understanding and remain sane. Basically: 1) Black kid shot dead by neighborhood watch “captain” (reported as white); 2) Kid was black, probably a mugger, drug dealer, burglar; 3) Brave white guy proudly defends himself from scary black guy, standing his ground andusing a gun; 4) It turns out the white guy is half Latino, and possibly half Jewish; 5) OK, change the narrative–not quite what they wanted, but better than a scary black guy, and anyway supporting him proves they’re not racist; 6) but anyway, somebody exercised his second amendment right to shoot scary black guys.
    That’s about it. Don’t try to go any further without an emergency psychiatric team standing by (or a team of trained logicians).

But this case has me flummoxed. I don’t know if anyone has been over to Little Green Footballs and followed Charles Johnson’s ongoing thing with Dan Riehl […]

Yep, been following it with a mixture of shock, awe and hilarity.
    –Kibitzer