Good morning, everyone!

I was going to rest my re-injured hand (broke/tore my right thumbnail 3/4″ into the quick on Wed.) for another week, but Mitt’s Very Bad Week happened. So - applesauce, bitches!

You know, I was concerned that the Freeperati would be despondent over Bad Will Hunting – The Smirkening, until I read these justifi…er, reasons why Mittens’ response was so misinterpreted -

“His face is ALWAYS like that!”

´╗┐´╗┐Will ‘the smirk’ come to haunt Romney? [when the media need to bury you, their pit is bottomless]

Telegraph – UK ^

| September 13, 2012
| Damian Thompson

Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:33:58 PM by Cincinatus’ Wife

That’s quite some smirk on Mitt Romney’s face as he walks away from
the podium in Jacksonville, Florida, having just woven in criticism of
Barack Obama to his reaction to the murders in Benghazi. The photograph
was taken by Charles Dharapak of the Associated Press, and I suspect
it’s going to be one of the most significant images of the campaign.
Maybe Mr Romney was just unlucky, but on the other hand… are you
surprised? Honestly?

*********************

I found this particularly interesting because yesterday while
listening to Barack Obama’s first press availability on the Libya
murders, it struck me that his voice still rang with the same
undisguised narcissism it always conveys (there was no hint of emotion
for the death of Americans).

Romney smirking?

The idea of “Mitt’s smirk” as the new media and blogosphere smear is telling.

I can’t post the photo (AP) but it’s at the source.

posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:34:04 PM
by Cincinatus’ Wife

To: Cincinatus’ Wife

That is not a smirk! It is a strained smile.

posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:36:11 PM
by Sacajaweau
The only thing that could have made it any better would have been a strained chuckle. Because it’s always appropriate to smile when an American Ambassador is killed.

To: Cincinatus’ Wife

In terms of inappropriate facial expressions, one only has to
look at the arrogance that characterize the multiplicity of 0bungle
photos that litter the media.

posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:43:00 PM
by Silentgypsy
(If you love your freedom, thank a vet.)
Let’s do that, shall we?
We’ll start with President Obama’s smirk during his press conference (bonus Hillary smirk included):
ObamaLibya
Now, Romney’s strained non-smirk:
RomneySmirk
See?Identical!

To: Sacajaweau
That is not a smirk on Romney’s face but the picture of the fag that
wrote this has a smirk on his mouth… or maybe it’s stretch marks.

LLS

posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:43:30 PM
by LibLieSlayer
(“if it looks like you are not gonna make it you gotta get mean, I mean plumb mad-dog mean” J. Wales)
There’s nothing worse than a fag with stretch marks, is there?

To: Cincinatus’ Wife

So friggin what…?

posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:47:26 PM
by AngelesCrestHighway
I’m a smirker, and you’re not!
And, of course:

To: Cincinatus’ Wife

Romney always has this look on his face. It is just how he looks;
like him or not
. For someone to say he is smirking is the ultimate in
media bias. Unbelievable.
You could find probably 1,000 pictures of him with the same look on his face.
posted on Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:04:51 PM
by HereInTheHeartland
(Encourage all of your Democrat friends to get out and vote on November 7th, the stakes are high.)
That’s because a smirk is his habitual expression, right?
Is that what you’re saying?
A smirk is a smile
evoking insolence, scorn, or offensive smugness. “A constant smirk upon
the face, and a whifling activity of the body, are strong indications
of futility,” the Earl of Chesterfield once wrote in a letter to his son.
Colour me unsurprised.
More strained smiles after the partition thingy..

Well, at least Mittens isn’t apologizing, or going on an apology tour, or any such liberal claptrap…HUH?

Mitt Romney denounces anti-Muslim film

sun-sentinel.com ^
| September 14, 2012

Posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:25:41 PM by ilovesarah2012

NEW YORK–Mitt Romney denounced an anti-Muslim film that is stirring
unrest in the Middle East, even as he stood by his condemnation of the
U.S. Embassy in Cairo for its implied denunciation of the film.

Speaking
to George Stephanopoulous of ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Romney said
he still believed it was “inappropriate” for the embassy to put out the
statement, issued as anger rose in Egypt on Sept. 11 over a film that
ridiculed the Muslim prophet Muhammad. He said the embassy should have
taken it down after protesters breached the embassy grounds. The same
day, attackers in Libya stormed a U.S. consulate and killed four foreign
service officers, including the ambassador, Christopher Stevens.

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:25:43 PM
by ilovesarah2012
I can’t look.

To: ilovesarah2012

Just when he was acting like a leader…he backs down.

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:27:53 PM
by MNlurker

To: ilovesarah2012

Romney, you’re a dumbass. Keep this placating, patronizing of 0bama crap up and I’ll NOT vote for you.

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:28:01 PM
by GeorgeWashingtonsGhost
I’m sure the smirking idiot is paralyzed with fear over losing your vote.

To: ilovesarah2012

This “report” is partial spin on the topic. What Romney said was wishy-washy, but not they way they imply it.

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:30:36 PM
by Clock King
See? Mitt was wishy-washy, but in an entirely different way. So there!

To: ilovesarah2012

Jees why did he do that

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:31:00 PM
by dalebert
Because his entire campaign advisory team threatened to quit if he didn’t? Something about “damage control”?

To: GeorgeWashingtonsGhost

Just another wimpy politician. I bet Allen West doesn’t denounce
the film.

Unfortunately, he’s not the one running for President.

blockquote>

I watched some of it on YouTube and it was just silly. Looked
like something goofy college pranksters would do.

Just think – if Spielberg had produced it, we’d really have something, huh?

blockquote>

My guess is hardly any
of the muslim rioters even watched it. They are the religion of
perpetual outrage. I’m sick of American(sic) apologizing to them.

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:31:41 PM
by ilovesarah2012

To: Perdogg

Romney on ABC: “But I can tell you the president’s a person that a
lot of people like. I don’t dislike him myself and wish him the very
best.”

This will teach the ABR folks alright!! Go get em’ Mitt. What leadership!!!!!

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:36:38 PM
by Bigtigermike

To: ilovesarah2012

he might have just re-elected Obama with his spinelessness

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:37:47 PM
by GeronL
(The Right to Life came before the Right to Pursue Happiness)
RomneySmirk

To: ilovesarah2012

WTF is wrong with Romney? Why is he retreating? Good lord.

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:39:28 PM
by svcw
(If one living cell on another planet is life, why isn’t it life in the womb?)

To: ilovesarah2012

No change here…still won’t vote for him.

In the End Days you are given only bad choices.

posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 1:41:12 PM
by steve86
(Acerbic by nature not nurture TM)

To: GeronL; All

Sarah Palin said essentially the same thing when Rev Jones
threatened to burn the Quaran. She said that Rev Jones had a right to do
it, but he shouldn’t do it, and no one wet their pants.

posted on
by Perdogg
Crickets
And finally:

To: ilovesarah2012

Can we please one of these elections get a candidate who doesn’t suck?

posted on by dfwgator
(I’m voting for Ryan and that other guy.)
You can’t.
(see scorpion/frog)
Time for one more strained smile at the hapless Mittbot – it’s Moar 11th-dimensional chess!!

Why did the White House take so long to disavow the Cairo Embassy statement?

me

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:57:08 AM by nuconvert

As near as I can tell, the original statement released by the U.S.
embassy in Cairo, ” U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Encitement”, wasn’t
disclaimed for at least 5hrs.

Why???

Maybe they were sympathetic to the feelings expressed.

I think it was dangled out as bait and Romney and others took it.

If the White House had wanted to correct the story, they could have done so within 20 mins of it being posted.

The phoney(sic) outrage against Romney & others now is what Obama’s handlers were hoping would happen.

IMHO

posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:57:13 AM
by nuconvert
Those brilliant bastards!! Probably planned their own deaths as well!

To:nuconvert
Take a good look people. This is J.C. Stevens, the slain ambassador, who was just appointed to the position in June.

The
senior guy he replaced was packed off to Ghana at the time. Like Brain
(sic)
Terry, he, a junior foreign service officer and two U.S. Marines slain
with him were just pawns in a giant Obama game to downsize America’s
influence in the world.

posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:08:16 AM
by Vigilanteman
(Obama: Fake black man. Fake Messiah. Fake American. How many fakes can you fit in one Zer0?)

To: Vigilanteman

I don’t know that your characterization of Stevens is correct.

William F Buckley was using the State Department as a Cover when he was kidnapped. Political Officer/Station Chief.

Stevens

Deputy Principal officer and Political Section Chief

-Jerusalem , Israel

Political Officer – Damascus Syria

consular/political officer – Cairo, Egypt

consular/economic officer in Riyadh.

Stevens had been around. He has been with the Foreign Service since 1991

posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:21:21 AM
by RummyChick
Hah! That’s just what Obama wants you to think!

To: nuconvert
Obama’s Statement on the Muslim attacks on American missions

To all my Muslim friends. Peace be unto you in the name of Mohammed, blessed be his name.

If you MUST kill Americans, please try to refrain from hacking their bodies to pieces as it makes them difficult to identify.

Thank you.

Statement from Mitt Romney

American Embassies are AMERICAN SOIL. If you attack another American
Embassy, unlike in Cairo where you morons violated our territory and
destroyed property and where the Marine sentries were ordered by the
Muslim friendly Obama administration to STAND DOWN, our security forces
will FIRE FOR EFFECT. If necessary, I will dispatch carrier based air
cover and additional ground forces to protect our people and remove them
from your clutches.

The Marine Hymn contains the line “…to the
shores of Tripoli.” If you wish to continue your insane tribal and
sectarian madness, we will be back just long enough to bring out every
American citizen then leave you to your national insanity until you’re
all dead.

posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:24:41 AM
by Dick Bachert
(Obama for president — of KENYA!)
MulhollandCowboy

See you guys next week – we’ve got some older stuff to catch up on.
Hopefully I’ll have full use of both hands by then.
RightHand

Like this:

Tagged , , , , ,

10 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Mitt’s terrible no-good week edition

1. MaryRC says:

I always love when wingnuts make up bellicose speeches like that last fantasy speech from Mitt Romney. You can just see the commenter practising in his mirror, can’t you? “Our security forces will FIRE. No, wait, wait … Our security forces will FIRE FOR EFFECT. Yeah, that’s it.”

2. Geeno says:

Tommy, I love this sort of thing, but I really don’t understand how you can do this without developing a serious drinking problem.

In some ways, I can’t help but wonder if the Romney smirk isn’t an asset to the repubs. It distracts from looking at the pattern of the person who consistently has all the projection of empathy/personal contact/fuzzy warmth of my python eating a rat. The perfect CEO type that delivers news of layoffs without any display of remorse. I have a great problem of hanging something on him from a single picture (after all, you can always choose your frames) but the pattern is rather brutal.
    And hats off to the freepers that they apparently don’t know enough to make the argument about one frame vs. a pattern.

4. Tommy T says:

Geena – I save that for the Crack Van.
    Tommy

Ditto to Geeno. I apologize in advance that the below sounds preachy.
    Please drastically limit use of your hands for a while. As much as I look forward to your column, I very selfishly prefer the long term effect of your injury being completely rested.
    Of course, even if the brace were a panacea, limiting use of that finger and malpositioning the hand even further and forcing the other parts of the hand to work harder can lead to RSI in other parts of your hand. Not to mention that while the brace is great at easing the immediate inflammation, the brace prevents use of the relevant muscles resulting in weakening of the muscles with a higher chance of re-injury.
    Unfortunately, a lot of medicine tends to focus on procedures with the result that a lot of the time the very basic things that have the best long term effects fall by the wayside. Right now you are in the acute phase, so it is probably a little soon, but in the next few visits be sure to ask about:
    1) if you’re not seeing a PT, ask the doc for info on motion/stretching of the affected hand (I know you just identified the finger, but it is all connected and needs rehab as a unit), re-strengthening the muscles, and physical means such as massage, heat, etc.
    2) Ergonomics of the computer station. The prototype computer station is an ergonomic nightmare. Then add on that (and we all do this) we take the laptop to bed and balance a soda on one side and bag of cheetos on the other while typing on the laptop propped on our feet with wrists turned sideways at a 90 degree angle that would make a yogi proud. Unless your doc is a specialist or has a particular interest in ergonomics, they may or may not have an in-depth knowledge of the proper set-up of a workstation. PTs are more likely to have researched this. Fortunately, the rules are pretty easy (monitor at eye level) and your doc and PT should be able to quickly locate appropriate handouts as well as google computer ergonomics.
    3) Ergonomic computer input devices. Unfortunately, there are a scad of devices out there marketed as ergonomic mice and keyboards. Unfortunately there are no standards and it looks to me that a lot of them are just devices made in outrageous ultra-modern shapes with no proof of either efficacy or quality of the device itself. You may have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince.
    Get the recommendations of your doc and PT as well as asking friends (warning, most friends with RSI are likely working against carpal tunnel so their experiences may not transfer to you). Even in the case of someone I helped with carpal tunnel (and the devices supposedly geared to carpal tunnel), she had to try a lot of devices till she found what worked for her – in her case, replacing the mouse with a joystick-like device made for carpal tunnel).
    Take heart. And look forward to a full recovery.

6. JR in WV says:

Hi,
    Came from Balloon Juice, some one there recommended your place, excellent to find such a tasteful commentary.
    Do take care of your hand. I found the keyboard split in half between the home keys and curved so that each hand had a place to type without the wrist being strained to fit the straight keyboard was an excellent tool to use for mass typing.
    Get a really big screen, up high, depending on your vision. If you can, get a pair of glasses just for your screen distance, so you can lift the screen up to a good level without worrying about your bifocal/trifocal glasses.
    And keep up the commentary work once your hand is doing better. For what it’s worth, I found that my arm and hand pain was as much due to improper shoulder posture as anything – I was lifting and tensing my shoulders whenever I went to use a keyboard. Once I learned to leave my shoulders down and loose 90% of my problem with over-typing for an 8-hour work day went away.
    Best,
    JR

7. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Tommy had better learn how to type left handed. With Romney’s “47%” video out you can hear the craziness through six feet of reinforced concrete. Some of the most entertaining are the ones that think it shows Romney as finally gotten the courage to Fight Back(TM). I guess they either think he just made those remarks (they’re from last spring) or that he’d been cleverly holding the tapes and, in a brilliant stroke of genius, is just now springing them on a helpless Obama. This promises to be entertaining.

[Random Freepus drivel omitted] [Friday, September 14, 2012 1:37:47 PM by GeronL (The Right to Life came before the Right to Pursue Happiness)]

And here I thought live frequently came after the pursuit of happiness.

YEAH! He should have said: “I’m Mitt Romney, and any film that mocks Mohammed and stirs up riots is cool with me!”[Tommy T]

Check the credits on the film: “I’m Mitt Romney and I approve this message.”
    –Kibitzer

8. Tommy T says:

And welcome to First Draft, JR – the shoulders thing sounds like a good place to start.
    Tommy

9. Breny says:

Tommy, take care of that hand and yourself! I love your freeper reviews but your health comes first.
    That said, this was a lovely little dose of the crazy. Thanks for taking one for the team. Now, wrap that hand in bubble wrap when you’re not doing PT!

10. Greywolf says:

Always love your adventures with the Freeper Nuts, but please take care of yourself. Hope it heals soon!