Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – image issues edition

Good morning, everyone – well, I was gonna pull a Tbogg and threaten to quit this popcorn stand (so Athenae could talk me down and stroke my ego a little), but Ms. A isn’t answering her phone, and all my letters are coming back with “not at this address” stamped on them, except for the last one, which bore the legend “Who the fuck are you, anyway?”.

Probably the commie Post Office workers preparing for their upcoming every-Saturday Baccanalia.

Anywhoo, since there’s no one to tender my resignation to, I might as well go to work and pray someone’s still paying the electric bill for the containment building,

The blogs have been all a-fire with snark about the GOP’s effort to rebrand themselves, so let’s look at Freeperville’s attempt to get in on the remodeling craze, shall we?

First up -wrestling with their image!

The WWE’s Tea Party Wrestler Is Making Conservatives Hit the Mat

Atlantic ^

Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:09:41 PM by Arthurio

CONNOR SIMPSON 5,918 ViewsF EB 20, 2013

The WWE’s new bad guys
in town are not-so-loosely inspired by the Tea Party, and that has
conservative commentators not-so-quietly complaining that the company is
bringing back a movement already under siege from Karl Rove — this time
in one of the country’s most curious of conservative spotlights, and as
a couple of outwardly racist xenophobes who want to send Mexicans back
across the border. Even if that was kind of the whole point.

On
the February 11 episode of Monday Night Raw — frequently the highest
rated cable show in the country — the fake-wrestling franchise
re-introduced “Real American” Jack Swagger, after a few months off, with
a new gimmick. He had longer, messier hair, a mean scowl, and a
newfound hype man. Swagger’s faux-manager, not so accidentally named
Zebadiah Colter, sported a bushy hunter’s beard and wore a beige vest as
he yelled to the crowd: “What’s wrong with America?” Colter then
explained that he “doesn’t recognize” today’s America. He said he saw
people with faces “not like mine” and heard people that “can’t even talk
to me,” and he screamed out again to the Nashville audience and the
Americans at home: “Where did all these people come from?” And then
Colter, who’s used other surnames to fit his gimmick in the past, threw
out some catchphrases familiar to any Tea Party observer — “We, the
people” was prominent — and made a point to stress, over and over, that
he and Swagger were “real Americans.” Oh, did the crowd ever boo.
Swagger and Colter are supposed to be the WWE’s big new bad guys, and
they drew “heat” from the crowd, as wrestling people say. They hated
him.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:09:51 PM
by Arthurio
This should go over well.

To: Arthurio

Kind of makes me glad I cancelled the cable.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:14:33 PM
by fkabuckeyesrule
Yep – ever since Fox cancelled Red Eye and Atlas Slugged went Galt at the box office, there’s just no quality programming any more.

To: Arthurio

Except he got busted for pot yesterday so he fits Occupy better.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:16:10 PM
by struggle
(http://killthegovernment.wordpress.com/)
What a great idea! And his arch -nemesis could be Bankster Bob!
GreedLantern

To: Arthurio

Just another TV character being used to slime and insult conservatives. What is so new?

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:31:52 PM
by GeronL
(http://asspos.blogspot.com)
Nothing new at all. Stupid people who trip over their own preconceptions and fall on their asses has been grist for the comedy mill since – well – forever.

To: Arthurio

and how many FReepers thought the McMahon family would not do something like this? lol

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:33:09 PM
by GeronL
(http://asspos.blogspot.com)

To: Arthurio

And he was arrested yesterday in Mississippi for weed
possession..f’n idiot..the only reason why Vince McMahon is doing this
is revenge for the Tea Party not supporting his RINO wife

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:40:06 PM
by Sarah Barracuda
Linda McMahon -RINO!

To: Arthurio

I may be alone with this, but this angle doesn’t offend me in the
least. Its just to put over Alberto Del Rio, who’s a top notch
performer.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:50:18 PM
by goodolemr
BanHim3

To: Arthurio

They are taking a great American sport and using its genuine athletic competition and mocking the conservative movement.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:19:31 PM
by OKRA2012
Wait for it…

To: Arthurio; a fool in paradise; Slings and Arrows

Lucha Libre is an All-American sport! Like roller derby, cockfighting and ladies mud wrestling! MSM better stay away from them!

posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 12:00:36 AM
by Revolting cat!
(Bad things are wrong! Ice cream is delicious!)
Well, hopefully the rebrandening will go better after the jump, which I have now rebranded “The link that clicks on itself so you don’t have to!”
Oh well, click on the frigging link, already.

What’s next in the image interocitor?
Ah -A Fine Whine!

Rush Limbaugh: I’m Not Your Problem, GOP

The Excellence In Broadcasting Network ^

| February 21, 2013
| Rush Limbaugh

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 3:43:36 AM by 2ndDivisionVet

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: There’s this ongoing battle about me
being too conservative for the Republican Party and too powerful, and
the Republican Party is scared of me, and nobody will stand up to me,
and they’re not gonna get anywhere until they have the guts to stand up
to me because I’m too conservative and they need to be more moderate.
They need to move to the center, but I won’t let them. But really, how
powerful am I? How good am I? And then people are out there saying,
“Look at Limbaugh’s track record in presidential races. He’s 1-for-6.”

In
the first place I’m 3-for-6, but the whole premise is flawed because I
don’t pick a single candidate. I am not in charge of any candidate
anywhere and his campaign. I don’t choose the consultants. I don’t
choose the ad people. I’ve got nothing to do — and never have had
anything to do — with one election in this country. Zilch, zero, nada.
So this is the kind of thing I’m talking about. This is the kind of
stuff that is just infantile, and it’s insulting, and it’s insulting to
everybody’s intelligence… –snip–

On the Republican side, it’s
not just truth. Sarah Palin wasn’t wrong about anything. She didn’t lie
about anything. Sarah Palin embarrassed some people. So they had to get
rid of her. The point is, the Republicans will not circle the wagons
and defend very many. Conservatives will not circle the wagons and
defend. Now, I defended Clarence Thomas not even knowing who he was
’cause I knew what happened. I knew the libs were lying about him
because I know the libs.

There are some conservatives today, if Clarence Thomas was accused today about Anita Hill, would throw him overboard…
***********************************************

Comments?
posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 3:43:41 AM
by 2ndDivisionVet
Popcorn?

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Rush is right.

As always.

Don’t doubt me.

posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 4:05:22 AM
by Jemian
LimbaughOpinion

To: SatinDoll

>>We need more Republicans who won’t take crap from media
people.

One of the reasons Newt Gingrich is popular among conservatives
is that he hits back, he gives as well as he gets in debates and
interviews.

Which is why Newt won the nomination in a landslide.

Wait, whut?

Spot on, and worth saying again.

In the 2012 primaries I was initially for Herman Cain, and then later
Newt, for exactly this reason.It is why I am fast becoming a big fan
of Senator Cruz.

This is what is called “Lowering your expectations”.

We must have candidates who can take on the media. Dole and Romney show us why the alternative is a disaster.

posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 4:44:02 AM
by FreedomPoster
(Islam delenda est)
So someone who polled even lower than Romney did is the answer to everything?
I love it.

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Wow I am so tired of hearing/reading Republicans and other
conservatives arguing among themselves in the hearing of the Dems and
the entire world.

I see that Correa won in Ecuador against SEVEN opponents. There were
seven of them because they had no PLAN and couldn’t organize or agree
among themselves about what the alternative should be.

Until we understand unity and omerta, can we please stop the endless
soul-searching in public? I am SO sick of the endless analysis and
op-eds and breast-beating while the Dems just keep playing their same
old tune: Give the store away and eat up the profits and the seed corn
too while you’re at it and get re-elected.

Please can we get a simple, coherent message together and shut up until we do?

posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 4:48:10 AM
by firebrand
You nitwits already have a coherent message.
“Bitches are sluts. Also, who would ever want birth control?”

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Rush obviously does a lot of good.

Which is why he’s whining like a third-grader.

Heh.

But he goes astray IMO in two directions:

1) Backing and sucking up to GOPe players like the Bushes, right or wrong, and

2) With an offputtingly blind spot and style when deriding liberal
women, such as calling Sandra Fluke a ‘slut’. He does needlessly
alienate moderate women and give ammunition to the opposition with such
antics.

So, yes, he would be more effective for the cause if he’d back more
tea party, grassroots conservatives, but be less offensive to women
while doing so.

posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 5:09:03 AM
by 9YearLurker
Slut.

To: 9YearLurker

1. Yes you are correct on Rush and his supporting Bush I and II.
The Bush’s are not conservative…and share most of the same Liberal
Globalist ideas as Clinton and Obama. Gosh, the Bush Family should have
ran the Borders bookstore chain…because the Bush Family would never
close a Border.

2. Rush was correct to go after Sandra Fluke. Fluke’s comments made
it sound like every young woman was just a “U-Haul for sperm” and needed
free birth control like a fat kid needed cake. The Liberal Media just
wanted to go after Limbaugh for any reason. I doubt even most liberal
women felt comfortable w Fluke’s comments. Rush even ended up with more
support and higher show ratings after the Liberal Media attacked him.

posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 6:12:31 AM
by SeminoleCounty
(GOP = Greenlighting Obama’s Programs)

To: 9YearLurker

Again, Rush was right. Sandra is/was a slut. Do the math! Any
woman who needs to purchase that much birth control annually must be
getting serviced by many men per week. That is the quintessential
definition of the word.

posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 6:27:22 AM
by Jemian
Well, there you have it. Rebranding is easy.
Is there anything you guys have overlooked?
Anything you can seize on to make “conservatives” even more of a belly-laugh / B-movie villian?
Something to show the artistic soul of the Tea Party?

To: 2ndDivisionVet
posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 6:08:58 AM
by Howie
You guys never ever let me down.
(wipes tears from eyes and turns up the blowers)
OK – what’s next?
Oops – one last comment on the previous thread:

To: abb
I still say its the other way around. Democrats do what THE MEDIA tell them to do.

Fair enough. I say you and I resolve this difference of opinion between us as follows:

Line up all the Democrats and Lamestream Media against the wall;

Mow ‘em down.

Problem solved.

posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 12:32:51 PM
by usconservative
(When The Ballot Box No Longer Counts, The Ammunition Box Does. (What’s In Your Ammo Box?))
And you guys wonder why nobody likes you.
OK – up next -“We’re sorry you’re Hitler!”

Tea Party Group Apologizes To Karl Rove

TPM ^

| 4:28 PM EST, Tuesday February 19, 2013
| Igor Bobic

Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:23:18 PM by ExxonPatrolUs

Tea Party Patriots said that a fundraising email sent out Tuesday
showing a manipulated photo of GOP operative Karl Rove wearing an S.S.
uniform was a mistake that the organization “did not know about or
approve.”

“We apologize to Mr. Rove. While we may have strong
disagreements with Mr. Rove on the future of conservatism, we want to be
clear this imagery is absolutely unacceptable and are working to ensure
this type of mistake doesn’t happen again,” read the statement.

Active
Engagement, L.L.C., which sent the email, claimed responsibility for
accidentally including the image. Read their explanation:

An
email that was sent earlier today under the banner of Tea Party Patriots
included an offensive image of Karl Rove. The image was obviously a
photo shopped image of Mr. Rove, a well-known political figure. The
image was selected in error from an extensive group of images available
publicly online and was adjacent to the image that Tea Party Patriots
approved for use. The email that included the image was not approved by
Tea Party Patriots. Active Engagement, L.L.C. takes full responsibility
for this error and is attempting to contact everyone who received the
image to explain the error. More importantly, Active Engagement, L.L.C.
apologizes to Mr. Rove for this mistake. Active Engagement, L.L.C. does
not believe there is any place in political discourse for images such as
these.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:23:29 PM
by ExxonPatrolUs
Damn, Everybody into the bunker!She’s gonna blow!!

To: ExxonPatrolUs

Screw Kapo Karl.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:28:06 PM
by cripplecreek
(REMEMBER THE RIVER RAISIN!)

To: ExxonPatrolUs

I wouldn’t apologize to that filthy ba$tard until he apologizes to conservative voters everywhere. He’s dirt.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:29:23 PM
by laweeks

To: ExxonPatrolUs

Just stop it Tea Party. For crying out loud.

It is demeaning and wrong to apologize. Avoid getting into that situation, at all costs.

Period.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:30:12 PM
by Cringing Negativism Network

To: laweeks

Sounds like I have a new photoshop project to work on in the morning.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:31:39 PM
by cripplecreek
(REMEMBER THE RIVER RAISIN!)
RoveBoombox
Mission accomplished!!

To: svcw

This is why I refuse to belong to any organized group of tea partiers.

No leaders to be pressured into acting stupidly.

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:41:07 PM
by cripplecreek
(REMEMBER THE RIVER RAISIN!)
Yeah! You can act stupid all on your own!

To: ExxonPatrolUs
I am really sorry to say this, but the “tea party” is filled with a
bunch of populists, without conservative leadership. The movement was
great, but unfortunately ( maybe not so bad ) a learning experience to
the ways of our enemies. “The TEA Party” is tainted, not by their
actions, but their inactions against the media.

Change the moniker, improve on messaging, increase the spirit,

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:44:43 PM
by ConservativeInPA
(Molon Labe – Shall not be questioned)
Ah – messaging. It’s not that you’re stupid maladjusted cowards with delusions of douchbaggery – it’s just that your promo pics need better lighting.

To: Astronaut

Yea Party is a multi headed ill defined group. This as a
manufactured lie to pose as real conservatives. Karl Rove is finished
with conservatives. He actually urged the invasion of Iraq based on
“WMD” He is a liar and a one world LIBERAL!!

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:16:52 PM
by willardwx
My head just exploded.
Pansypoo – be a dear and help me find all the pieces?

To: cripplecreek

Well, cripple. I want to thank you.
I just could not bring myself to officially join a T-Party group, and I wasn’t quite sure why.
You hit the nail on the head..

posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:47:55 PM
by svcw
(Why is one cell on another planet considered life, and in the womb it is not.)
The rebranding is NOW complete.
ThereIsNoTeaParty
OK – let’s hose the place down and GTFO.
And – I have noticed that the comments have been sparse of late.
Don’t make me do it.

Like this:

Tagged , , , , ,

11 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – image issues edition

1. Scott S. says:

Ahh, rebranded Republicans. They’ll run Rick Santorum or Ted Cruz or Sarah Palin or some random guy from the local cackle factory in the next election. “We don’t hate everyone — we just want everyone dead!”

2. left rev., proud cheesehead says:

I have wonderful memories of branding when I lived in Wyoming. I always got the horse that wanted to go play in the creek bed instead of cut, but any day spent falling off a horse and flirting with closed head trauma is good day in my book! Great fun with lots of noise when the yearlings bellowed, the smell of burning hair, and we followed it up with a big Rocky Mountain Oyster feast.
    What could possible go wrong with branding?
    Just sayin’.
    Don’t you DARE shoot that duck.

3. Pope Impious XXIII says:

“Until we understand Unity and Omerta..” Yes, because making the Republican party more like the Mafia is the road to success. Sigh.

4. Dbp says:

I love how the Iraq war is apparently now a thing liberals were roaming at the mouth for.
    I feel like freeperville is filled with agent provocateurs. Or at the least really should be.

5. Razor Eddie says:

Who DOESN’T have an interociter?
    I’ve been using mine to make hot chocolate!
    Tommy, I’m glad you’re still doing these posts. The Obsession is one of my first stops on Monday morning, and my week doesn’t feel complete if the post isn’t there.

6. merciless says:

Fantastic spew this morning. My favorite is, “I doubt even most liberal women felt comfortable w Fluke’s comments.” And how using that much birth control must, ipso facto, mean that she’s “servicing” many men. Whoo boy.
    TommyT, you’re my hero for doing this distasteful but necessary job. Next time you feel like giving up, let us know and we’ll chip in for some new hip-waders.

7. gratuitous says:

It’s staggering to think that the freeperati aren’t just Stephen Colbert-style jokesters, that these knuckleheads really believe what they’re posting. Most of them, at least. And the way they can pivot from “Karl Rove is our latter day prophet” to “Karl Rove is the anti-christ” (for example) is nothing short of amazing. The binary nature of their thinking makes Univac look dithering.

8. Dee Loralei says:

Thanks Tommy. And please don’t shoot the duck.

9. Jb says:

The scariest thing about the Freepers is they vote.

10. Tommy T says:

Schrodinger’s duck is at the same time shot and non-shot.
    That’s just how I roll…
    Tommy

11. I definitely loved reading your post. You have a great deal of wisdom and really gave me something to think about with a couple points you touched on.