Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freepi – mixed bag’o nuts

Well, guys and gals, apparently my login still works, so here we go!

For starters, the former Dubya-worship site known as Free Republic just doesn’t feel the love anymore. As usual, their issue isn’t that Dubya is a right-wing nutcase, but that he isn’tenoughof a right-wing nutcase to suit them. First example:

Bush Extends Mexican Truck Program
The Washington Times ^ | August 5, 2008 | Tom Ramstack and S.A. Miller
Posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 7:53:56 AM bykellynla
Infuriated Democrats vowed Monday to kill a pilot program that gives Mexican trucks access to U.S. highways after the Bush administration – acting on the first day of Congress’ summer recess – announced that it was extending the test project.
Rep. James L. Oberstar, chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, said the administration’s maneuver was the latest attempt to flout the will of Congress on the matter, and said he will introduce legislation ending the program once and for all.

Uh oh. Don’t forget that “Jorge” has become a favourite nickname for Dubya on this website…

Still – how bad could it be?

To: kellynla
No call back of Congress. Continue Mexican trucks on US highways.
What’s wrong here?
3 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 7:56:17 AM byEric in the Ozarks
To: kellynla
Timeline and globalist actors in the effort to destroy American national sovereignty via the NORTH AMERICAN UNION:
4 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 8:00:27 AM byDick Bachert
To: Eric in the Ozarks
“What’s wrong here?”
Pesos are more important in D.C. than American jobs & security.
5 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 8:00:35 AM bykellynla(Freedom of speech makes it easier to spot the idiots!)

Everyone knows pesos are more important thananything, except for those Yap Island stone coins. (And this was also episode two of “love your sig!”)

“I’ve got 90 thousand pounds in my pajamas, I’ve got 40 thousand French francs in my fridge…”

This next one’s channelling Ricky Ricardo:

To: kellynla

Hey Presidente’ Gorge, we dunt need no stinkin trucks from Mehico on our highwayz.
6 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 8:03:56 AM byAbbeville Conservative (Just a bitter South Carolinian clinging to my religion and guns.)
To: kellynla
Sometimes I’m sorry I voted for Dubya.
9 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 8:11:06 AM byRoadTest
To: RoadTest; kellynla
Sometimes I’m sorry I voted for Dubya.I’ve been sorry voting for Bush for several years now. How stupid of us to assume he’d act like a conservative, protecting the interests of America and her citizens first.
It’s largely because of Bush that I will NOT vote for John McCain. I’ve learned how ignorant and how dangerous it is to assume that just because a person has an “R” after his name that he’s not a leftist. I made the mistake voting for Bush, assuming he could be brought round. I will not make it again by voting for McCain.
I want my leftists out in front of me, where I can see them, not masquerading as my friend.
12 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 8:22:45 AM byE. Cartman (Would you want your surgeon from the bottom 1% of his med school class?)

Well, this is starting to get depressing. Let’s move on to happier topics, shall we?

*Breaking* Sister Maya’s Name Uncovered on Alleged Obama Birth Certificate
http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/breaking-sister-mayas-birth-certificate-used-to-forge-obamas/#more-1493 ^ | 8/5/2008 | Texas Darlin
Posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 6:41:40 AM byNeville72
Forensics specialist Techdude, who has been chipping away at the Obama Birth Certificate mystery for some time, has confirmed that the name on the original Certificate of Live Birth (COLB) which was used to forge the document presented by Barack Obama as his valid Birth Certificate IS:
Maya Kassandra Soetoro.

His sister.

Insert scary minor chord orchestral strikehere!

The document presented by Obama as the “truth about his birth certificate” can be seen on his official campaign web page, “FightTheSmears,” here.
In an exclusive TexasDarlin report on Sunday, Techdude revealed that he had discovered the true identity of the person on the original COLB, but that he was not ready to disclose that person’s name.

Whoah! This should get the old Freeperati juices a-flowin’, no? Well, yes…

To: savedbygrace
He doesn’t have a real COLB because he was birthed by a Jackal.
Someone should interview his barber to see if 666 is hidden somewhere on his scalp.
I know, I’ve seen The Omen one too many times…
10 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 6:53:13 AM bya real Sheila (Just say NObama!)

And no:

To: Neville72
This whole Obama birth certificate thing is nuts. Bunch of people with their tin foil hats too tight, desperately trying recreate Rathergate out of thin air.
24 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 7:04:37 AM byGovernmentShrinker

You know, when even the wingnuts start to realize that they’re only hanging out with other crazy people, and the main difference between them is the depth of the craziness – the bloom is definitely off the rose.

Well – let’s move on to a cogent discussion of womans’ place in the world. Certainly people who invariably claim to honour the women who bore them (and who sometimes put up with them forweeks before cutting their losses) could have something positive to say about this:

No kids, no jobs for growing number of wives
CNN.com ^ | August 5, 2008 | Sarah Jio
Posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 9:17:25 AM byrightwingintelligentsia
(LifeWire) — “What do you do all day?” is a question Anne Marie Davis, 34, says she gets a lot.
Davis, who lives in Louisville, Texas, isn’t a mother, nor does she telecommute. She is a stay-at-home wife, which makes her something of a pioneer in the post-feminist world.
Ten years ago, she was an “overwhelmed” high school English teacher. “I didn’t have time for my husband, ” she says, “and I didn’t have a life.”
She presented the idea of staying home to her husband, a Web engineer. “I told him it was something I wanted to do, and he supported it. It was a great relief.”
Dr. Scott Haltzman, author of “The Secrets of Happily Married Women,” says stay-at-home wives constitute a growing niche. “In the past few years, many women who are well educated and trained for career tracks have decided instead to stay at home,” he says. While his research is ongoing, he estimates that more than 10 percent of the 650 women he’s interviewed who choose to stay home are childless.
Daniel Buccino, a Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine clinical social worker and psychotherapist, says stay-at-home wives are the latest “status symbols.”
“It says, ‘We make enough money that we both don’t need to work outside the home,'” he says. “And especially with the recent economic pressures, a stay-at-home spouse is often an extreme and visible luxury.”

To: Tijeras_Slim; Allegra; Jersey Republican Biker Chick
No kids, no jobs for growing number of wivesFreeRiderLoader Ping.
3 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 9:20:05 AM bymartin_fierro (< |:)~)
You know there justhasto be a sad story behind Martin’s post. Rebuttals, Freepers?
To: martin_fierro
Don’t think so. The goodwife has been such for years.
“Goodwife?” GOODWIFE???
You know – I thought these clowns just wanted to roll things back to 1920 or so. I was wrong. 1620 suits them a lot better, God wot.
To: martin_fierro
Oh who knows…maybe they will get knocked up or something.
10 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 9:26:31 AM byMorgana (Muslims…I can’t believe these people are that crazy without alcohol!)
Oy. Ever onward. You know, there has to besomethingthat is gonna get these guys motivated to vote for McCain. Something? Anything?
Bwana – jungle drums very bad!

The Hill ^ | Tuesday, August 5, 2008 | Sam Youngman
Posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 11:43:09 AM bykristinn
Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain’s (Ariz.) latest television ad says that the country is in worse shape now than it was before President Bush began his second term.
“Washington’s broken. John McCain knows it,” the ad says. “We’re worse off than we were four years ago.”
The ad, titled “Broken,” shows that McCain is, at least in part, running away from President Bush’s record and looking to win favor with the centrist voters who have supported him in the past.
The ad, which is slated to run in key states, comes after Democratic rival Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) made a point of including images of McCain with Bush in his last two ads hitting the Republican on his energy policy.
The McCain spot, in which a narrator is referring to the Arizona senator as “the original maverick,” makes a special point of saying that McCain “has taken on Big Tobacco, drug companies, fought corruption in both parties.”
He’ll reform Wall Street, battle Big Oil, make America prosper again,” the ad says.
Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton responded by saying that “Sen. McCain wants Americans to forget that during the Republican primary, he said that Americans were better off than we were eight years ago, and that he thinks we’ve made ‘great progress economically’.”
Burton added that McCain “wants us to forget that he’s fully embraced the Bush policies he once opposed, and bragged about supporting those policies ‘more than 90 percent of time’.”

To: kristinn
McCain Ad: ‘Worse off Than We Were Four Years Ago’ (McCain Throws GOP Under Bus – Again)For those of us who have been watching him for the last twenty years, this comes as no surprise at all.
2 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 11:47:07 AM byE. Cartman (Would you want your surgeon from the bottom 1% of his med school class?)

To: kristinn
3 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 11:47:46 AM byrightinthemiddle (The Mainstream Media Controls Our Party. Go, RINOS!)

To: rightinthemiddle
Every time I think I’ll send McCain a few bucks and get a bumper sticker, he comes out with this kind of crap.Write something really nice about him on the internet, contact his campaign, and then they’ll send you a mug.
8 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 11:49:26 AM byE. Cartman
Hold the rimshots!!
There’s a lot more like this, but this says it all:
To: kristinn
The McCain mutiny…
20 posted onTuesday, August 05, 2008 11:52:54 AM byDoughtyOne (I’m a non Soros non lefitst supporting maverick Gang of 1, who won’t be voting for McCain.)
Well, just enough time for one more dip into the cesspool:
Barack Obama: Uppity or Arrogant?
Townhall.com ^ | August 8, 2008 | John Hawkins
Posted onFriday, August 08, 2008 8:06:54 AM byKaslin

“I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions.”Barack Obama

Liberals are almost always insufferably arrogant. It sort of goes with the territory. After all, if you believe that we have to throw religious customs, hundreds of years’ worth of societal traditions, and the parts of the Constitution you disagree with into the wastebasket based primarily on your “feeling” that they’re antiquated or no longer necessary, then you almost certainly must have an ego the size of a small planet.
That brings us to Barack Obama, who, even amongst liberals, is notorious for being full-of-himself. Conservatives who have pointed this out have been recently accused, rather uncreatively I might add, of calling Obamauppity.”
The whole idea and concept of a black man being “uppity” or acting above his station by doing things white people do…didn’t that go out in like the fifties?
Well, let’s find out, shall we?
To: Kaslin
“Uppity or Arrogant”
BOTH
2 posted onFriday, August 08, 2008 8:08:29 AM bymouse1 (GO JOHNNY GO!!)
To: Kaslin
c) Both
9 posted onFriday, August 08, 2008 8:17:55 AM byRedbob (“WWJBD” =”What Would Jack Bauer Do?”)
Well, I’m sure glad we clearedthat up! This has been yet another installment in “Short answers to stupid questions”.
Well, folks – that’s enough for one week – as always, scrub well before leaving the chamber, and if you’re gentle with me in the comments, I’ll ask Athena if I can do some Bonus Bailey Boy Bulldog Blogging sometime later this week (I keep him around because his face makes mine look really good in comparison).
Tommy

5 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freepi – mixed bag’o nuts

1. I hate to admit it, but one of the posters was almost right.
    Withg the weakening of the dollar, Pesos **ARE** more important than the dollar. Much more of Bush and “wetback” will refer to USA cfolk trying to get into Mexico.

2. That wives story SCREAMS out the kind of thing I had to do once or twice, where the editor comes in to work on Monday with some shit he or his wife heard over the weekend at a party, and demands that on the basis of an anecdote someone told him, we publish a trend story. When you politely point out that this is a fairly flimsy basis for a story, he gets all red-faced and huffy, so you end up doing the thin, shallow story in order to shut him up. When people go crazy at you about how the story sucks, he of course is nowhere to be found.

3. I really liked the comment asking if you “want your surgeon to be in the bottom 1% of his class.” Nope, no way and I don’t want my president to be 895 out of 899 either (or whatever the number was, 5th from the bottom still stinks). (And thanks Tommy T for wadding into the muck so we don’t have to.)

4. My name is Anne Gallagher and i would like to show you my personal experience with Allegra.
    I have taken for 3 months. I am 43 years old. Forgot that last year my legs ached after taking Allegra, it wasn’t until yesterday that I remembered that this same thing happened last year. I stopped Allegra 3 days ago and my aches are slowly starting to go away. My insurance denied Zyrtec. I don’t know if they are the same, but I would never take Allegra again.
    Side Effects :
    Lower leg pain from the back of my knee to my ankle. Both legs ached and felt very stiff.
    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Anne Gallagher