Barackolliphobia

FromAlbum4

Something about the vegetable (video link with audio) turns-daddy party Republiclowns into blubbering, whimpering children.

And, full disclosure, it’s not myfavorite food, but neither is it the sum of all my fears…that would be John Roberts. Or Alito. Or Scalia…oh my.

6 thoughts on “Barackolliphobia

1. NTodd says:

I must be a socialist. It’s my fave veggie, and for a time was the only one I would eat (with or without cheese sauce).

2. mothra says:

Yeah, I always wonder WTF is the problem with broccoli? I can’t believe the Solicitor General let Scalia get away with such a shoddy analogy.
    And, as for Scalia ranting about whether the Solicitor General wanted the Supremes to go through the AHCA item by item to find out what should stay or go? I would have said “Well, bub, you issued the Writ of Certiorari. Thinking now you bit off more than you could chew, fat boy?” And then I’d be escorted out of the court with a big old smile on my face.

3. Snarki, child of Loki says:

Don’t neglect Bush-the-slightly-smarter, who parlayed the presidency of the US into a “get out of broccoli free” card.
    Roberts better hope that he doesn’t get lost in a Vegan neighborhood at night, or his body might be found face down in the gutter with his mouth stuffed with broccoli.

not clarence? mmm, broccoli w/ browned butter. i do like my cabbage family. only a few months from fresh WI veggies. PEAS IN THE POD, BEANS. KHOLRABI, SWEEEEET CORN!
    more for us.

5. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

Mmmm…broccoli cheese soup…yuuuummmmmmmmeh!

6. montag says:

I think it’s a learned infantile response to parental authority.
    We know these fuckers never grow up, and are stuck at an emotional age of thirteen or so. It’s their way of saying, “I don’ wanna and I don’ hafta!”
    And then they stick their tongues out at you, to prove the point.