Weekend Question Thread

What do you wish you had more time for, right now?

Everybody told me about not sleeping, when you have a kid, and: Duh. I don't miss sleeping. I miss cooking. I miss spending a whole Sunday afternoon making chicken stock and some kind of exotic spice cake and pasta sauces for the week. Cooking is where I really fell apart in the past few months. Lately if I can't shove it into the oven with one hand, I'm sending Mr. A out for Taco Bell.

8 thoughts on “Weekend Question Thread

1. Hobbes says:

As one of those obnoxious “educators”, I actually have time for All The Things right now, but mostly I’m enjoying my newfound time to just go on random 20 mile bike rides in the middle of the day. When it was gross and/or I had classes to prep, there just wasn’t time to drop everything and ride. Thank you, summer.

2. MichaelF says:

Reading…I’ve got stacks of books and magazines, and more on the Kindle…second place, more time to do some house projects.

3. Gummo says:

Writing! I have the first draft of a novel written out in longhand, but converting it into a typed, digital draft version 1.5 is taking way longer than I planned, mainly because I sit at a computer keyboard all day at work, and can hardly stand to sit down and type in the evening or on the weekends (except for short burps like this).
    So if I’ve been doing it at all, it’s been on the weekend in 2-hour bursts, but that’s just not enough to get it to the next stage in a timely fashion.

knitting.

5. Sandia Blanca says:

Cleaning out the piles of paperwork, etc. left over from the 10-year period of raising our (adopted) kids. It’s embarrassing to find paperwork from 2007 in a stack on the desk.

6. Ariel says:

The correct answer for me should be cleaning, but I don’t exactly wish for more time for that. I wish that I could Samantha Stephens it all and be done. What I actually wish I had more time for is photography. A few years ago I had the time I wanted to practice, create, and talk with photography friends. That time seems out of reach now.

7. FeralLiberal says:

Let’s see…Bicycling, canoeing, fishing, finishing house and landscape projects, practicing the piano, traveling, visiting friends, reading, hiking, shall I go on?
    Need to lose this job thing, the biggest time vampire in my life, *sigh*