SOTU will have Nothing on Katrina recovery

CNN just reported that Bush will make NO mention of Katrina recovery tonight. It is not at all surprising but certainly is reprehensible to not even speak of this still devastated Region of the country in the STATE of the Union.

9 thoughts on “SOTU will have Nothing on Katrina recovery

1. Michael says:

Well, can’t say I’m surprised, I guess. What a wanker-in-chief.
    On the slightly brighter side, though, if Bobby Jindal can somehow be joined to Shrub’s hip, maybe it’ll hurt his electoral chances. If I was working with any other candidate, I think I’d literally weld the two together.

2. Maple Street says:

I was really wondering earlier (Pinky, are you pondering what I’m pondering?):
    33% approval rating. NPR said something about how he might be able to pull himself out of the sewer if he gave the impression of being a forceful leader (my wording, not theirs). But what does he have to work with:
    Health Insurance (he did so well with Social Security)
    Health Insurance Tax Break (like the other tax breaks. Give with one hand, take with the other)
    Global Warming / Fuel Efficiency / Oil Reserves / National Energy Plan (pay no attention to what I said before. I really said from the very first how important this is).
    Tax Cuts (I did so well with it the first time around)
    NOLA
    IRAQ
    Iraq Study Group
    Military Strained at its limit
    Reform of Social Security
    I mean, what does he have to work with other than wrapping himself in the flag, introducing a few American Heroes in the gallery, and trying to morph the heroes into examples of how wonderful he is??????

3. ashley says:

Did anyone really expect that he would?

4. virgotex says:

scout – did you see the news about State Farm agreeing to pay out on the Katrina suits?

5. Scout Prime says:

virgotex…no I’ll check it out. Thanks

6. mdhatter says:

Bush: The Cafe du Monde (sp?) is open, what’s to talk about? Let them eat Ben-yay’s.

7. GentillyGirl says:

Mentioning the rebuilding of the Gulf Coast and New Orleans are the last things Shrubo would address. Even if he could fix the mess down here on the Coast, it can’t help save his “legacy”.

8. Moe Szyslak says:

Pelosi?

9. ashley says:

Man, I thought after he released the teasers, and pony blow said they wouldn’t address specific issues, and Webb released his remarks, that maybe, just bleeping maybe, W would go off script.
    Not without a wireless earpiece he won’t.