Failure Is Simply Delayed Success

Holy Crap!

[CNN White House correspondent Ed ] HENRY: You know, going back to September 2001, the president said, dead or alive, we’re going to get him. Still don’t have him. I know you are saying there’s successes on the war on terror, and there have been. That’s a failure.

[Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Frances Fragos] TOWNSEND: Well, I’m not sure — it’s a success that hasn’t occurred yet. I don’t know that I view that as a failure.

8 thoughts on “Failure Is Simply Delayed Success

1. Luna_C says:

I feel better already. It’s not that I gained weight this year, I just haven’t started getting thin again.
    Alternatively: My hair isn’t going gray, it’s just not as red as it used to be.
    Or: it’s not that Bush has totally f*cked up the country… oh, wait, no that one is true.

2. Hoppy says:

I’m a billionaire who hasn’t made quite that much yet.
    My stocks are all climbing thru the ceiling, but they haven’t started yet.
    I have a great sexual relationship with Paris Hilton, but we haven’t met yet.

3. DuckmanGR says:

Holy fucking guacamole!
    “…crickets…”
    Um, er, nevermind.

oh, that is fucking reassuring. but but but they ‘got’ saddam! and we’re gonna kill him!

5. Anonymous says:

Classic! I think we should all start using this way of thinking. We’d all feel so much better about ourselves, wouldn’t we?

6. mdhatter says:

It’s not kidnapping!
    I have every intention of returning this young girl home in a few days.

7. Anonymous says:

We’re ruled by idiots.

8. norbizness says:

“I’m not poor, I simply haven’t ever experienced wealth nor have any expectation of doing so!”
    Once again, we’ll stop calling them Orwellian when they stop using 1984 as an operating manual. Somebody get Ms. Townsend the latest edition of Newspeak.