Rest In Peace Teddy

Teddy has been sick for quite some time. Today she passed on.

Teddy_by_monitor_012

Many think Teddy was a ‘he’ but in fact ‘she’ was a ‘she.’ When we got Teddy…

Teddy_as_kitty

…we didn’t know what to name her. We decided to watch her for the day and see if a name was revealed to us. She was quite a spunky feisty troublemaker. That night we were watching the TV show “Sisters” and the character Teddy was being feisty and getting into trouble. We looked at one another and said…her name is Teddy.

Teddy_baby_in_pillow2_2

I wanted to spend time with Teddy last night knowing what was coming today. She never was much of a lap kitty. But she had a habit of crawling up onto my lap when I read. Actually she would crawl onto the book and spread out making reading impossible. So I devised a 2 book solution. I would lay open one big book in my lap for her to lay on and then be able to hold the second book from which I could then read.

So last night I laid in bed with a big open book in my lap while holding and reading aloud from a second…To Kill A Mockingbird. Teddy laid at my feet seeming to enjoy the reading and eventually came onto my “lap book.” I then pet her for hours and We had our goodbye.

Incredibly today Teddy was just a little bit feisty at the end. My vet said, “If she hadn’t been, she just would not have been Teddy.” So true.

I am so sad beyond my words now.
Teddy I will miss you so very much.
I love you and Thank You…you sweet being.

Teddy_on_desk_008

89 thoughts on “Rest In Peace Teddy

1. spocko says:

My human side shares your pain. My Vulcan side knows that cats are useful from keeping atarships free of space mice.
    Teddy is pure energy now.
    LLAP,
    Spocko

2. Ghost of Joe Liebling's Dog says:

Just wanted to say how horribly sorry I am for your loss.

3. Sallyh, Grandmere Poissonniere says:

Scout, I’m so very sorry about Teddy. I know how much you loved and cared for her. She will have a safe journey over the Rainbow Bridge, where she will be young and healthy and strong forever.
    Peace to you.

4. pie says:

Lots of pets who were very loved here are frolicking, happy together, happy forever.
    Sorry, scout. Sweet memories.

5. tikistitch says:

:sniffles: You’ve made me remember my Leo, who always had to have his fat butt parked in the middle of my novel. I hope they’re together somewhere, chasing infinite balls of yarn.

6. mook says:

Scout
    I know the feelings I’ve had for my four legged furry friends, and I imagine yours are parallel . The loss of any “family” member always cuts deep.
    peace

7. Interrobang says:

My deepest condolences to you, scout. I’m so sorry for your loss. 😦
    *Interrobang looks at her kitty and thinks “You stay healthy now.”*

8. MsPiffers says:

A toast to felines make us alter our lives to suit them.

9. sammie says:

Scout — I’m so sorry for your loss. Teddy had the cutest kitty face I’ve ever seen. She knew you loved her . . . Peace.

10. dave says:

There’s the Great Meadow, Teddy… run!

11. NTodd says:

Peace to you and Teddy.

12. G_d bless. We know so many who have gone ahead.
    Sweet darlings.

13. Sandia Blanca says:

Poor kitty, poor Scout–may the good memories last forever, and the pain of loss diminish soon.

i lost my dear cosmo in 03′. i still miss that boy. the same year i got pansy and cosmo, i had lost my last childhood cat. i didn’t like being catless for months. and that is why pansy has to put up with the spares.
    i hope you can let another furball into your heart. each one of my ‘babies’has had a different specialness.
    i am sure you will remember everything that made teddy teddy.
    my uncle had a cat named burt. he didn’t know he had a girl.

15. Foobarski says:

I’m so very sorry.

16. jezebel says:

Scout — my deepest condolences on your loss. I’m so very, very sorry. May your memories of her, and the knowledge that she is now free of pain and can be as feisty as ever she likes while she waits to see you again, bring you some peace.

17. Lib4 says:

So Sorry scout,,,these things always happen in threes …
    Elizabeth Edwards, a certain former FNC employee/WH spokesman and now Teddy…
    my thoughts and prayers

18. mark1147 says:

So sorry for your loss, scout … my dear Shadowkitty went much the same way over a year ago. Be glad at least that her travails are over. And if you hear her quiet footsteps now and again, just take it as a greeting, her way of letting you know she’s alright — and that you’re a better person for having known and loved her.

19. FeralLiberal says:

They give us so much…

20. Buckeye, Dealer of Rare Coins says:

My condolences and sympathies, scout.

21. noblejoanie says:

Oh, scout, I am so very sorry. We’re nearing the end of the trail with our Aby, too. A friend once consoled me on the loss of my dog, saying–She was such a wonderful dog, I wonder what she’ll be next. (He ran the recycling center at the dump up north so it probably fit his larger philosophy–but I found some comfort in that thought and pass it to you.)

22. Soprano says:

Much sympathy, scout.
    Jude and Maxx and all the others who have gone before will show Teddy the ropes up there in the Great Meadow. Love to you.

23. SoSorry4U says:

Poor Teddy, I am so sad for you.
    You and Teddy will be back together again, one day.
    I hope when my cats’ times come, they are with me at the end, where they belong.
    Peace.

24. TM says:

Sympathies and hugs to you. They give us so much love and companionship while they’re with us and it’s so difficult when they go.

25. Diane says:

Scout,
    It’s amazing how these critters make a place in our hearts. I think the fact that you are sad says something good about you, and I completely understand your feelings. I have three critters, one old grumpy (formerly feral) cat that adopted my son about 10 years ago, a 4 year old Chinese Sharpei that is getting sick and keeping me worried with her fevers and pains, and a new Mini Aussie pup. I know my Sharpei is dying, and I am sad too, knowing what is coming. Cheers to you and the good life you gave Teddy.

26. FARTSINSLEEP says:

Scout,
    Sad to hear of your loss, may the Gods give you peace of heart and soul for as long as you need it.
    We can only take comfort that, if we keep out karma clean, some one will be waiting for us on the other side.
    Rest well Teddy and thanks for being here.

27. Mirele says:

Scout, I’m so sorry for your loss. I liked to come over to FD to see pictures of Teddy, who was a most recognizable and sweet kitty. I’m glad you shared her with us for a while. Hugs and blessings.

28. Missouri Bird says:

My sympathy, Scout. It’s so sad to lose a good friend like Teddy.

29. Scout,
    I am so sorry.
    But it sounds like you had a good final evening together.
    I’m sure that she was met at Rainbow Bridge by Maxx, Hey Cat and Tushi.
    Barry

30. alice fulop says:

I know how much Teddy meant to you. You are a brave and loving soul.
    Love,
    Alice Fulop

31. alice fulop says:

I know how much Teddy meant to you. You are a brave and loving soul.
    Love,
    Alice Fulop

32. The Ubiquitous Mister Lovegrove says:

damn. i keep getting choked up every time i pass this part of the blog
    But here’s to hoping she’s joined my all lost ones since childhood in that better place where the Nip and some good prey are never in short supply and never so far out of reach that it ceases to be fun getting them
    For Sugar, Rocky, little Rex, for Silver and Ripper and of course for Teddy and all the cats (and dogs and other pets) we hope to meet again when we get where we’re going…adios to you wonderful furballs and thank you for having been here…

33. ellroon says:

Teddy had the sweetest expressive face. Dear little kitty. So glad you had loves to the last.

34. Paul S says:

Sorry to hear about Teddy. I have 10, yes 10 cats right now..My #1 original cat Bud is 16 and dying from various problems..He’s down to 6 pounds from 14 but, still has a great appetite and a strong will to live. I won’t give up until he does though so he keeps hanging in there…I too hold him every night just in case he decides it’s time to join Teddy in heaven. I dread the day…

35. Jaspenelle says:

I am so sorry to hear about Teddy, even the thought of loosing either one of my furbabies (and I almost did this week) breaks my heart. Teddy has such a sweet little face, I’m glad she knew love.

36. oldwhitelady says:

What a cutie, she was. It’s always a sad time when such a good friend dies. I’m glad you were able to spend some quality time with her, right before the end. RIP Teddy.

37. Modulator says:

Friday Ark #132

We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and…? Do link to the …

38. G_d bless. We know so many who have gone ahead.
    Sweet darlings.

39. FastMovingCloud says:

My heart goes out to you along with my tears. Losing a beloved pet is so hard but you had a wonderful good-bye. We don’t always get that opportunity. I’m glad you did, Scout. I’m sure you afforded her a warm and loving home and made her life a joy.

40. Nora says:

Scout, I’m so sorry. I’m sure she’s playing on the other side with my much beloved Kitty Paws, who died a year ago this past Christmas.

41. Fixer says:

Sorry, scout. You have my sincere condolences.

42. Scout, Teddy knew that joo loved her.
    Thees ees more than enough for any keety.
    Mis condolencias.

43. Eli says:

NOOOOOO!!!! I’m so, so sorry, scout. I loved Teddy too – I always assumed (s)he was named after Teddy Roosevelt, because there was kind of a resemblance.

44. Lisa Mertins says:

My deepest condolences to you Scout on the loss of your Teddy.

45. The Crapture says:

terribly sorry for your loss, i know i’ll be wrecked when either of my furry little wrecking balls passes on, so i can only imagine what you’re going through right now.
    you have my sincerest condolences.

46. Joy says:

Sorry Scout. I know how much this hurts. You and Teddy will be in my thoughts.

47. Oh, Scout … I grieve with thee. May Teddy find peace and joy in the evergreen fields of kitty heaven.

48. slim says:

Scout, I’m so sorry. Teddy looks a lot like our cat Maggie who died of kidney failure at 14 a few years ago. They had given her one last treatment with meds and fluids to keep her comfortable at the vets until we could come in to be with her for the injection (there was no question that her kidneys would last only another 18-26 hours – the plasma in her blood was bright yellow). It was so hard taking this cat who was loving all over me, purring and kneading and bumping foreheads with me, obviously feeling great and so happy to be with her Person after a night at the vet, those ten feet from the waiting room to the treatment table.
    My heart aches for your loss, but I’m glad you and Teddy had each other.

49. Sophmom says:

I’m so sorry, Scout. This was a beautiful and moving tribute. I treasure every moment I have with the Old, Blind Dog.

50. sr1 says:

Very sorry to hear about this Scout. But you have more friends out here than you know, and we’re all thinking of you.

51. jim dunn says:

Though I am a”dog” person myself, I really feel for you. God Bless
    Love,
    Jim

52. Michael says:

I’m so sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences.

53. emma says:

Condolences to you, Scout. I’m guessing Teddy had the finest life a kitty could have – but still, it’s hard to say goodbye.

54. Monkeyfister says:

Oh, Scout–
    I’m SO sorry to hear this terrible news. My heart is with you and Teddy today.
    She was SO beautiful.
    –mf

55. munkihaid says:

My deepest condolences, Scout. Thanks for sharing Teddy with us.
    Damn.

56. BuggyQ says:

Took me awhile to be able to see the screen to type. I am so sorry for your loss, Scout. I wish I could make it better, but with great love comes great loss. The former is worth the pain of the latter.

57. lb0313 says:

{{{{hug}}}

58. northwoods says:

How can a bundle of fur and a bunch of meows and purrs so control your heart. Sigmund, loved to chase leaves and ran into to road and was hit. We all mourned. He is buried by our big fir tree in a shoe box with his favorite toy. I know that empty feeling. My little girl asked if there was a kitty heaven and I told her yes. So very sorry for your loss.

59. GentillyGirl says:

I am so sorry to read about you losing Teddy. See you at GD III and you will get a hug.

60. Scout, my deepest condolences. Your pix show that she was part of the family.

61. scout says:

I had not done much kitty blogging lately because she looked rather bad from having lost so much weight.

62. virgotex says:

Oh Scout.
    I’m so very sorry. What a shock – I didn’t realize Teddy was ill.
    She was such a tiny elfin, innocent looking critter, she seemed too cute and wholesome really — it always seemed like her appearance must certainly have masked a very mischievious and feisty spirit, which was why it was such fun to make jokes about her “secret” life of crime and hijinks. I’ll miss seeing her pop up in your posts.
    It’s so tough to let them go out of our lives, even when it’s time for them. I know that’s a hard, hard thing to do and we have to because we take responsibility for their health and comfort.
    I wish you peace as you move on without her.

63. CatStaff says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, Scout, and will keep you and Teddy in my thoughts.

64. Trillium says:

So sorry for your loss Scout. I had a “book kitty” too.

65. Tlazolteotl says:

Scout, I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care.

66. VictoriaB says:

Scout, I had no idea Teddy was sick. She always looked like a youngish, healthy cat — I guess that was her feistiness showing through! Thank you for sharing her with the blogosphere; I’ll remember her fondly.
    My heart aches for your loss. I’ve been there, I know what it feels like, and it HURTS! May your memories comfort you. Love and peace,
    V.

67. matt says:

Scout,
    I’ll delurk to give my condolences.
    I always looked forward to Kitty blogging.
    Take care, and I’m very sorry.

68. piegrrrl says:

I’m so sorry, Scout. Having lost my wonderful kitty in November, I feel your pain down to my bones. Teddy had those expressive, soul-searching eyes–like the Antonio Banderas kitty in Shrek 2. Thanks for sharing photos of her when she was a kitten.

69. dan mcenroe says:

Oy, awful news. Sorry to hear it. Hope you’re holding up ok.

70. Sinfonian says:

I’m so sorry, Scout. Hugs and a beverage in celebration of Teddy’s life when I see you on Friday in NOLA.

71. dancinfool says:

So sorry. It’s so hard to lose a companion like Teddy.
    Much love to you.

72. jac says:

Scout, deepest condolences from the owners of the two most spoiled cats on the planet.

73. watertiger says:

Oh, Scout, I’m so sorry.
    Rest well, Teddy.

74. scout says:

Thanks everyone. Your comments help

75. nolagal says:

Scout – I’m so sorry for your loss, it’s difficult to lose such a long-time friend and companion. She looked like a real cutie.

76. Roadmaster says:

Awww, Scout…
    That’s very sad. Just before your NOLA rebuilding trip #3, right? What an emotional swing.
    {{{BIG hug}}}

77. WitchWay11 says:

Scout,
    My deepest sympathies. My ex’s cat isn’t a lap cat either – except when you’re trying to do something and he can get in your way. Thanks for the itty bitty kitty pics. My favorite is the “tucked-in Teddy”. 🙂
    Hugs

78. Damn, I’m sorry scout.

79. I saw the news on 4LegsGood’s blog and came by to pay my respects. It’s so hard to lose them, the only consolation is they don’t have to suffer a prolonged and drawn-out hideorama, as humans often do. Be good to yourself. You were very good to her. Perhaps, as Maxx did, she will send you a little friend to remember her by, soon.

80. Iggy says:

Teddy looks adorable. So sorry for your loss. You’ll see her again someday.

81. scout says:

Thank you flory. She had about the cutest face I’d ever seen

82. greg p says:

Scout, I’m so sorry.

83. Oh, I am so very sorry. Hugs to you.

84. flory says:

Oh, scout — I’m so very sorry for you. Teddy was such a sweet faced kitty.
    Guess Maxx will be making a swing back with the comet for her…
    [[[hugs for you]]

85. Scout, Im so sorry. I love the book story. I know that there will be a big hole in your heart for quite a while, Scout. Take care of yourself.
    Teddy, rest in peace.

86. Attaturk says:

Damn, sorry to hear about that Scout.

87. leinie says:

Scout, I’m so sorry for your loss. She was a darling, you could see that in the pictures. Having to say goodbye is hard. Know that my thoughts are with you.

88. Noooo!! Teddy!!! Not only a cute cat, but also a memorable guest-blogger.