Brian Williams jars my mind

Everytime I go to New Orleans to blog…the first time…the second time…this recent third time…I am dogged by the thought that I’m forgeting something. Thanks to Brian Williams I finally remembered it’s my freaking bathrobe!

“You’re going to be up against people who have an opinion, a modem, and
a bathrobe. All of my life, developing credentials to cover my field of
work, and now I’m up against a guy named Vinny in an efficiency
apartment in the Bronx who hasn’t left the efficiency apartment in two
years” —Brian Williams, anchor of the “NBC Nightly News,” speaking
before New York University journalism students on the challenges
traditional journalism faces from online media.

Wanker!

UPDATE: Just checked. I don’t own a bathrobe.

7 thoughts on “Brian Williams jars my mind

1. Ginger Yellow says:

“All of my life, developing credentials to cover my field of work, and now I’m up against a guy named Vinny in an efficiency apartment in the Bronx who hasn’t left the efficiency apartment in two years”
    And yet Vinny’s better than you. Hurts, doesn’t it, Brian?

2. A.Citizen says:

I read this comment about this pathetic wanker elsewhere and thought it right on point:
    ‘I’m sick of rich people telling me anything at all.’
    Yeah, Brian if you had to do a real job, one where what you do is more important than who you know, you would not last a week.

3. norbizness says:

Gotta like a guy who asked the President questions like this:
    Williams: And I know you have a crucifix in your study that’s kind of a talisman for you. You’re surrounded by symbols of the fact that, as we speak, our men and women are on the battlefield.
    Let’s see the administrator of vinnysplace.blogspot.com kiss that much ass!

4. Interrobang says:

The reason Vinny’s better than him is because while Williams is out schmoozing and eating cocktail weenies on the pundit party circuit with the insiders, Vinnie’s been doing research and networking. Funny how that is, isn’t it?

bathrobe? i ain’t even got pajamas.
    boy am i screwed.

6. mdhatter says:

Always nice to see when someone knows what their “right size to pick on” is.
    Mr Williams has chosen wisely.

7. racymind says:

Don’t you guys recognize a business opp when you see one?
    ‘Blogger bathrobes’ – an untapped market -how about Bloggerbathrobes.com? I wonder what other accessories are essential for the ‘blogging lifestyle’?