A belated QTBS… Spent the day with the Midget and the Missus doing some Christmas shopping. I’m now officially broke and we’re still short a few gifts.
From the dregs of my mind…
–Saw this earlier todayand thought about it when I saw A’s post on the world of blogging. I’ve often found that it’s easier to marginalize bloggers as a homogenous group that sits around and pets their cats in between blithe rants about what’s wrong with this country. While they often are afforded the brunt of the hatred usually spewed toward journalists, they appear to be afforded little of the protection journalists tend to get. But of course, we all get into this for the money…
– From the “Guys, I’ve learned something today” file: Kill two people and you can enjoy your life on the golf circuit.Screw with somebody’s football cards, you’re going to prison for 15 years.Perhaps Furhman should have planted a stolen Joe Namath Rookie Card on the dash of the Ford Bronco instead…
– I want to know what the hell is wrong with the parents inthis story. I love my kid. I will defend my kid to the death if anything ever comes close to hurting her. That said, if my kid ever came home and said, “Dad, I got kicked off the cheerleading squad for sending nude photos of myself to Troy McQuarterback on my cell phone. This is so totally unfair.” I think the last thing I’m thinking about is, “Hey let’s sue the school.” I’m thinking me = parental EPIC FAIL. (The Missus chimed in with, “Yeah, Midget would be grounded for the rest of her life” And this from someone who wasn’t a nun before we got married either…)
– As I’ve been informed that I set a FD record for “most bad white rap guy” references in a single blog post, here’s your K-Fed moment of zen… (Sad thing: this is probably his most listenable set of vocals…)
– From the “No Shit, Sherlock” department:Welcome to the party, pal…In watching this, I’m not only stunned by the way in which he seems to be covering this like he’s revealing something amazingly new or different, but also in the slurring and mumbling. It’s worse than usual. It sounds like the guy who bangs back three or four boilermakers before looking at his watch and saying, “Ah, shit, Johnny, I’ve gotta go home now before the old ball-and-chain gets pissed more than she is. One more for the road…”
– And finally, if this is true, it’s what we in the “sports dude world” refer to as a “first-round bye.”
Thanks for letting me share your air. See you next Friday.