Welcome to the QTBS, where things always run the risk of jumping up a notch…
– First a h/t to Perry in the “imperfect masterpiece” comments re: the drafting of players. All players were technically undrafted free agents prior to 1966. In saying “draft” I was really referring to a signing as opposed to a free agent in today’s terms (guys who leave their teams for 70 billion dollars elsewhere (**cough** C.C. Sabathia **cough**). I probably should have said “signed,” which is more accurate and so thanks for the catch…
– OK, so if I sold my house, my cars, my kidneys…does that add up to $300 mil?
– Take it from a guy who was once caught by The Missus using a tree saw to cut a coupling off of his toilet tank while hunching over a bathtub: The NYT is right.It’s not cool to cheap out on home repair if you don’t know what you’re doing.
– Apparently, being mean to a legislator who is on trial for tax evasion and lying about it by showing A PICTURE of him in handcuffs meritsa hearing to see if we can abridge the First Amendment. The fact there is a judge on Earth willing to hear this motion makes me want to scream. What next? We can’t show photos of him from the ‘70s because he was intoNehru jackets, poly-blend suits andwhile leather shoes and that might make him look bad?
– From the“Oh you think so, Doctor?” File: Fordham’s law school turns the tables on Justice Antontin “Privacy is so silly” Scalia.
– In the interest of simplicity, couldn’t we just edit this headline down to three words and apply it to everything?
– And finally, from the “I couldn’t make headline any funnier if I tried” Department…
Thanks for letting me share your air. Be back next week.