Sorry, Minnesota

You cannot HAZ a Favre:

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) —Brett Favre has handed theMinnesota Vikings one more loss.

The 39-year-old Favre called Vikings coach Brad Childress on Tuesday to
tell the coach he won’t be coming out of retirement to play for
Minnesota.

9 thoughts on “Sorry, Minnesota

1. leinie says:

And Vikings fans everywhere breathe a sigh of relief.

This guy quits more than Sarah Palin.

3. joejoejoe says:

It’s OK. They can always sign Mike Vick.

4. BrenyB says:

Is he going to cry on tv again?

5. CrispyShot says:

I’ve got a weird perspective, being a Texas native transplanted to MN, but I’ve always liked Favre, both for his exciting play and for the way he got Vikings fans all worked up. But I gotta say, what the hell is he thinking with this retiring/not retiring/playing for the Vikes/not playing after all crap? I used to think that he’d make an interesting color commentator, but now I think viewers would be too busy rolling their eyes at him.
    That said, I’m 4 years older than he is, and I can’t imagine already having to contemplate retirement.

6. Jude says:

And today in the news, a grown man decided that he wanted to keep not throwing a ball around, after he had decided earlier in the year that he didn’t want to keep throwing a ball around, but then almost changing his mind, like he did every year for the last five or six years, except in those other years he decided to keep throwing a ball around. The big question this year was be about what color shirt and hat he would wear if he decided to start throwing a ball around again.
    Seriously, though, I love football, and this guy was a great player. But sometimes the absurdity of the level of attention given to the Favre story is overwhelming.

the packer fans still own him. may he enjoy retirement.

8. whet moser says:

favorite line came from one of my wisconsin friends: “it’s the vikings, farve could clearly QB for them in retirement.”

the ickings have astroturf, favre don’t like turf.