Just can’t face it today

p>Guys – I have to take a short break from sampling the Freeper stupidity. Please accept my apology for not serving up the yucks this morning, but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I don’t know if it’s because I finally hit my critical mass on revulsion, or if I’m just tired (work has been kicking my ass instead of the reverse), but I have to take a (hopefully) short hiatus. Doing “Obsession” is a labour of love, and forcing myself to put something out just to put something out is wrong for both of us.

Athenae – sorry to let you down – I’ll be back as soon as possible (if you guys still want me).

Kibitzer – thanks for the insightful comments in your responses to my posts – it’s meant a lot.

p>Tommy

18 thoughts on “Just can’t face it today

1. Cheese eating etc... says:

But if there’s no obsession I’ll actually have to log on to Free Republic to get my weekly fix 🙁
    Shame on you Tommy T. Shame on you.

2. Athenae says:

Take a rest, you. You’ve earned it.

3. What you do leads to massive brain hurt.
    Recommended: Rest.

4. virgotex says:

There will still be plenty of spewing bile when you come back.
    Signed,
    yr fan

5. OkieBlue says:

Frankly, I don’t know how you could stand to visit this vile site but we are all grateful that you did. Thank you for your time and your commentary.

I can certainly understand needing a break.
    Just think of this as the general telling the soldier that he has served well.

7. hoppy says:

I think there is a limit to how much insanity anyone can be exposed to. And, I suspect you reached it. If it were up to me I would say find another obsession, one less damaging to your mind.

8. liprap says:

Take a break. Absolutely. Especially as there’s only one of you trolling through the bile that loads of people are spewing. Even those schmucks on the other end of your posts have to catch a couple of winks.

holden syndrome. the stupid is toxic.
    getting some weird internets GOP propaganda from an epal, a twisted net neutrality double-speak. made no sense.

10. Silver Owl says:

Gotta detox every now and then from the radioactive slime.

11. No blame, no shame. You deserve a break. Wading through that Freeper gene pool has got to take a toll. I appreciate all the many Mondays you’ve taken us on this twisted tour.

12. TheOtherWA says:

Tommy, of course you need a break. Swimming in that much stupidity, even with protective gear, has got to take a toll on your health & psyche. Get some sun & fresh air & come back when you’re ready.

13. spocko says:

Boy do I hear you. At a certain point I was talking to someone and I realized that they were not a crazy right winger and I though. “I’m so used to these insane views that normal starts to sound radical.”

14. The Dol says:

God, I even have to take a break from reading stuff on the liberal internets. It can get pretty toxic. Good to take a break. Pet some kittens, bake some cupcakes, drink some good wine.

15. BrenyB says:

I don’t know how you did it for this long. Enjoy your break!

16. Kibitzer 2006 says:

I’ll bet you didn’t realize you had such a following :). Maybe you did.
    I’ll miss your special brand of snark, and your repertoire of literary, musical and cinematic allusions. I hope the decontamination doesn’t take too long.
    –Kibitzer

17. Interrobang says:

Thanks for all the good work. The Freeper tosh you dredge up never fails to shock, horrify, and amuse me.
    Take good care of yourself — what would we do without our intrepid expedition leader?

i can’t even handle the distilling.