OK, you lot – pile into the Wayback machine, and travel back in time and space (insert obligatory ELO backwards masking here).

It was a plainer time – a simpler time – a dumber time.

Well, lookee here – it’sDie Harder!

Are we ready to draft Sarah Palin, yet?

Posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 12:20:20 AM byTwoSwords

My first and probably last vanity.

Picture a crowd of people gathered for a political rally. The speaker gives out the old bromide “Why are we here?” The crowd replies in a frenzy. “We want change!” Is this Occupy or a college campus? No, it’s Free Republic. Let’s face it, we all admire our favorite candidates in the Republican field. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, don’t we all. The real problem is that they’re unable to differentiate themselves from each other, in a defining manner. Considering the trampling of rights, unemployment, regulation, immigration, crime, education (lack of and cost of), corruption, lack of leadership, zero (he has to come last, because he’s earned it), why is one of these candidates not really able to capture our desperate imagination? Some will say Cain has done this very thing. Would the majority of them have said the same thing 2-3 months ago? I think not. I think he’s a better man, than I. And I truly mean that. But I don’t sense the killer instinct that is needed right now. Cain is passionate, he’s just not desperate. Desperation is where too many of us living(sic).

Desperation is all right-wingers have.Everything’s a fucking crisis with you yobboes. I’ve been listening to this crap about howfill-in-the-blank is the most horribleist thing EVAR and will immediately cause America to go up like a piece of flash paper – for decades. Know what? Hasn’t happened yet, and isn’t going to happen.

But do you thimble-witted planarians remember and learn? No. You just keep bouncing from manufactured crisis to manufactured crisis, becausethat’s all you have.

We’re debating between Cain, Perry, Romney, Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrigh, Paul. It’s great that we have such a diverse field to choose from and we still haven’t made a decision. The right’s version of diversity is reality. The left’s is checking a box on a form. It will take a person willing to make unlikely political decisions.The left has torn this country usunder(sic) for many a year and many a way and it has to stop. The right has to show it’s(sic) teeth, and if necessary use them. We need to draft Palin. I see no other option where we win back our country from the abject corruption we see daily reported on FR. There are many on this board who consider her a fraud. I never saw that side of her. My favorite study through my life has been military history. I’ve read of the most narcissitic(sic) people in the world over and over, generals and politicians. Ruthless, to the max. Of all the times I’ve seen her on TV I’ve never once sensed a need for political revenge. This, to me, is standard operating procedure for a politician. Never seen it from her. I can’t think of anyone whom I’m not related to that I believe in their goodness and good intentions. No person can be all things to all people (cept Jesus) and maybe she rubbed people the wrong way. Isn’t that normal? I, for one, believe she was put her for a reason, to be President of the United States. I want to re-institute the draft. Just for POTUS.

Paragraphs are your friends.

1 posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 12:20:21 AM byTwoSwords
Did I mention you mollusc-brained porkmuffins’ tendency to spew spittle-flecked venom in one long screed until you run out of breath and fall over?

To: TwoSwords

She said no. Leave it at that.

3 posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 12:22:08 AM bybuccaneer81(ECOMCON)
This FR version of “ECOMCON” is threatening “Seven Daisies In May”.

To: TwoSwords
Eisenhower said ‘no’ over and over, until he was finally drafted at the nominating convention. He then said ‘yes’.
And didn’t you just shit yourself when he warned us about the military-industrial complex?
If you pasty-witted sockwads had someone with half the integrity of Eisenhower, this election would already be over.
But what do you have? Perry and the pirates.

Don’t count Palin out. She said recently that she could be persuaded to reconsider her decision if she saw an “earthquake” develop. Many of her supporters heard her say that, and immediately responded with a flood of postcards and letters, begging her to reconsider her decision.

Now, even her brother Chuck is trying to get her to change her mind.

VisitSarah Palin’s Earthquake Movement on Facebook, if you’d like to join those who are trying to persuade her to change her mind.

17 posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 12:43:22 AM byWindflier (To anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth.)
To: fight_truth_decay

The media has to be dealt with. And I’ve finally figured out a way.

Have you, now?

Quid Pro Quo.

There’s no need forthat kind of language.

At any press conference the interogatee gets to ask the reporter a question

That sounds ripping!

Let’s give it a try, shall we?

and if they don’t like/agree w the answer they move onto the next reporter. If the reporter is able to answer the question responsibly they can ask a question.

30 posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 1:12:13 AM byTwoSwords (Has anyone seen my suspension of disbelief pills?)
To: starlifter

“Draft her for what?”

I understand your cynicism. Still let me clarify: draft her for the presidential nomination.

If it becomes apparent that Romney could be the GOP nominee then drafting Palin could become a reality, as the only way to save us all.

CaptainHyperbole

34 posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 1:17:09 AM bySarahPalinForPresident2012 (Time to Reload)
Time to change your handle and sig file.

To: TwoSwords
Are we ready to draft Sarah Palin, yet?

I sure am.

Her buoyancy is contagious.

35 posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 1:18:11 AM byb9
You leave her flotation devices out of this.

To: Darkwolf377

Exactly. This is why I was so frustrated by the cries of “You’re a hater!” whenever anyone raised any question about Palin here.

Cor blimey, I got so sick of that.

I stopped expressing any support or otherwise for Sarah Palin a few months ago because I didn’t want to be associated with some of those people in any way whatsoever.

They were (and still are, just for a different candidate now) embarrassing.

45 posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 1:37:59 AM byAllegra (Hey! Stop looking at my tagline like that.)
To: TwoSwords

Glad to see those sacred of Sarah are still here attacking someone else…

Run Sarah Run…I’m with you…she is the only one…

Just be prepared to be endlessly attacked here…they don’t want to take any chance that she might change her mind, so they get vicious at every mention of Sarah running

It’s called “Occupy FreeRepublic”

52 posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 4:25:03 AM byThe Wizard (Madam President is my President now, and in the future)
SpitMyDrink
More retro fun after the jim-jam-jumpin’ jive!

This one should be good –Make my day!

Clint Eastwood talks politics: Who’s the Democrat he voted for? (Read the Article…He’s a Cain Fan)
LA Times ^ | 8 November 2011 | Patrick Goldstein

Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:46:35 PM bybuccaneer81

When it comes to the current crop of Republican presidential candidates, if Eastwood is enthusiastic about anyone, it’s Herman Cain. “I love Cain’s story,” he says. “He’s a guy who came from nowhere and did well, obviously against heavy odds. He’s a doer and a straight-talker, which I don’t see enough of from either party.”

1 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:46:38 PM bybuccaneer81
To: buccaneer81

Eastwood is also PRO choice and supports gay marriages…Cain doesnt need him

5 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:53:51 PM bykatiedidit1 (“This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.” the Irish)
PurityTent

To:buccaneer81
9 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:59:34 PM bySouth40 (To Tear Down Herman Cain is to aid Mitt Romney & the Marxist Kenyan)
TrainWreck

To: adorno
“Concerning Cain, I think he’s done.”

Not hardly. In fact, he is raising money even faster. Why? Because NONE of the claims have any substance, not even the last, which dared bare her face.

Truth is, Cain’s supporters have ‘doubled down’ to support him… he’s gaining, not losing. Which just goes to show you that conservatives are a lot smarter than the liberal smear-merchants. I’ve not supported him – yet… but, if push comes to shove, I will.

14 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:10:38 PM byRon C.
To: adorno

Really, I just finished sending Mr. Cain another campaign contribution and I try real hard not to bet on losers because I am on fixed income and not particularly rich.

Dumbass2

I wouldn’t care if Mr. Cain humped a dead whore on the court house steps, I would still vote for him

Still better then Romney, huh?

before I would let the lying media try to pick a candidate for me. They have such a good record for honesty and competent research; don’t they. That last sentence was sarcasm, just so you know.

35 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 1:25:36 AM by5th MEB(Progressives in the open; — FIRE FOR EFFECT!!)
“Fire for effect”?
You simpleton.
First of all, I’m a better shot than you are.
Secondly, I’m fucking your daughter.
Thirdly, you just pissedmoney you don’t have down a rathole.
“If it was anybody else, I’d say what’s going to happen to you would be a lesson to you. Only you’re going to need more than one lesson. And you’re going toget more than one lesson.”
Next –Climate change study has Freepers hot under the collar!

Climate study confirms what skeptics scoffed at: global warming is real (BS!)
msnbc ^ | 10/21/2011 | Pete Spotts/csm

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:54:27 AM bytobyhill

A new climate study shows that since the mid-1950s, global average temperatures over land have risen by 0.9 degrees Celsius (1.6 degrees Fahrenheit), confirming previous studies that have found a climate that has been warming – in fits and starts – since around 1900.

Most climate scientists attribute warming since the mid-1950, at least to some degree, to carbon dioxide emissions from human activities – burning coal, oil, and to a lesser extent gas, and from land-use changes.

The latest results mirror those from earlier, independent studies by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, the Hadley Center for Climate Prediction and Research in Britain, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

These previous efforts, however, came under fire from some climate-change skeptics who said they had detected serious flaws in the analytical methods and temperature records the three groups used.

1 posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:54:30 AM bytobyhill
To: tobyhill

Hmmmmmmmmm a coordinated assault on our sensibilities!?

Last night a post on a new study by some yazoo at Berkeley “proves” Global Warming according to the BBC, and now this.

ConspiracyKitteh

I see a desperate attempt to BS us once again in progress.

3 posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:58:19 AM byrockinqsranch (Dems, Libs, Socialists, call ’em what you will, they ALL have fairies livin’ in their trees.)
To: circlecity
Note: The authors of this study refused to let it be peer-reviewed, chosing instead to first release it to the media. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Actually, this looks like a very fair study. It was funded in part by the Koch brothers foundation.They have made all their data and computer programs available for download, so anyone can do a “peer” review.

Peer review has little validity if the reviewers are incestuous with the author – and this is the norm in science. Transparency and full disclosure is much better than peer review. Hopefully this will become the norm in the computer age.

36 posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 10:13:52 AM byBigBobber

Ban_him3

Next – When Heroes Go Down (on Free Republic) !

When Heroes Go Down (Thoughts On Russell Pearce’s Recall)
American Rattlesnake ^ | November 9, 2011 | Gerard Perry

Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:09:44 AM byOddLane

I’ll discuss this at length in the days ahead, but I’d be remiss in not reporting the news that Senator Pearce seems to have been recalled by voters in Arizona’s Legislative District 18. The people who want to turn Arizona into a haven for illegal aliens would appear to have achieved a significant political victory, although it should be noted that they needed to resort to gross deception in order to win. Even so, it can’t be denied that this is a huge feather in the cap of a well-funded, media-supported open borders political machine and that the strategy used to unseat Majority Leader Pearce will be replicated throughout the country whenever a public official has the temerity to stand up for the civil rights of his constituents.

I’m loathe(sic) to make a snap analysis of tonight’s results, and will temper my remarks by reminding everyone that this fight will be a long, protracted struggle, but the fact that Lewis won by such a large margin will undoubtedly buttress the heretofore weak argument cautioning politicians against taking a tough stand on immigration issues, lest you be punished by “moderate” voters. Until now the chief-some would say only-example of this argument being validated at the polls was the decade-long erosion of support for the California GOP after the retirement of Governor Pete Wilson, a staunch supporter of anti-illegal ballot measure Proposition 187.

1 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:09:47 AM byOddLane
To: OddLane

It appears Arizonans don’t mind our state being invaded by Mexico after all. Could have fooled me.I guess I better start learning Spanish.

3 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:25:45 AM byFlingWingFlyer (Stop Government Greed Now!!!!)
Always a good idea! Some handy phrases for you:
“Yo soy demasiado estúpido para respirar.”
“Mi hermana tiene relaciones con los cuadrúpedos”
“Puede ayudar a mi enterrar a mi oro?”
And, of course:
“Le di todo mi dinero a Jim Robinson, y ahora no puedo pagar el alquiler.”

To: OddLane

This was a bad night all around for the Tea Party, and the fact that our side stayed home but theirs (Obamacrats) turned out. It should also serve as a warning that theDims will stoop to all lows to defeat us,

Yeah!Voting, fer chrissakes!! Howdare they??

and that we will have to “get into the mud” to fight back. Unfortunately, Romney and a RNC led by one of his lackeys won’t put up this fight.

4 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:48:25 AM byThunder90 (Fighting for truth and the American way… http://citizensfortruthandtheamericanway.blogspot.com/)
To: Thunder90

The left can stoop to all sorts of deviant propaganda methods, but if conservatives stay home and don`t cast a vote, whose fault is it really??

What it appears to me is the tide which gave us so much hope in 2010 has long petered out.People aren`t quite as unhappy with the Mexican invasion, seas of red ink or pervasive power of unions as we thought they were.

Duh.

This doesn`t bode well for 2012…at all.

10 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 4:52:26 AM byScottinVA (Hurrah me boys, for FREEDOM! `Tis the risin` o` the moon!)
The tea party’s over.

To: OddLane

La Raza and the illegals got themselves a big victory last night. They are so excited that they can’t control themselves.The voters here in Arizona have given the Mexican government the go ahead to continue their invasion of our state. We don’t mind.

12 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 9:26:49 AM byFlingWingFlyer (Stop Government Greed Now!!!!)
Glad to hear it.

To: OddLane
The Democrats, media, and liberal interest groups colluded and found a puppet “Republican” to run against Pearce.Pearce lost with 45% of the vote after outside groups poured in money. That is hardly a repudiation of Pearce or attempts to secure our border. If the GOP ran a Democrat against Obama, one slightly to the right of him on most issues and he won by 9% would that be a repudiation of liberalism or Democrats? It is a silly question, because the media would never collude with such a sham.

We should not accept defeat. This was a rigged election and a narrow loss. Has Pearce announced that he will primary Lewis? Because if he has any soul, he will.

15 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:47:54 PM byrmlew (“Mosques are our barracks, minarets our bayonets, domes our helmets, the believers our soldiers.”)
To: rmlew

Election records clearly show that the majority of Lewis’ funding came fromwithin the district. Most of Pearce’s $$ came from outside the district and outside the state. The people of LD 18 spoke up, Pearce is toast.

19 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 4:54:57 PM byCoronal
BanHimEjection
Time for one more, I think – Abort! Abort!

Miss. defeats life at conception ballot initiative
Associated Press ^ | Nov.8, 2011 | EMILY WAGSTER PETTUS

Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:53:00 PM byFree ThinkerNY

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi voters shot down a referendum Tuesday that would have effectively banned abortions in the state, rejecting an initiative that said life begins at conception.

The so-called personhood initiative was rejected by more than 55 percent of voters. If it had passed, it was virtually assured of drawing legal challenges because it conflicts with the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that established a legal right to abortion.

1 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:53:05 PM byFree ThinkerNY
To: Free ThinkerNY

speechless.

2 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:56:03 PM bybalch3
Brainless.

To: Free ThinkerNY

Damn.If that can’t pass in Miss. it can’t pass.

3 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:56:22 PM byGrunthor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0heL2Czeraw)
CaptainObvious

To: Free ThinkerNY

It went too far, even some conservatives didn’t like it. Anytime this type of initiative comes up, it needs to me made clear that a women’s life would never be on the table, as in the case of a tubal pregnacy, for example. The Repulican governor made this same point.

5 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:00:03 PM byindependent in tx

To: independent in tx

Simply establishing that life begins at conception, a scientific and biological fact, is now too extreme for “some conservatives”??

Then this country deserves to be doomed I guess.

8 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:06:34 PM byGeronL (The Right to Life came before the Right to Happiness)

To: GeronL

I agree. This country is finished.

42 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:32:18 PM byMachIV

To: Free ThinkerNY

Lot’s of, um, minorities in Miss that, hopefully, use the abortion services.

I know, I know. Going to get banned.

59 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:47:24 PM byFledermaus (I’ll vote for Mitt Romney when Hell freezes over. He’s as bad or worse than Zero.)
Nope. Just checked – you’re not banned. Carry on.

To: Free ThinkerNY
There is a mighty judgment coming to this country and it will not be pretty.
15 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:11:39 PM byguitarplayer1953 (Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to GOD! Thomas Jefferson)
Dumbass3
And then – someone makes a rational point.

To: balch3
Actually it’s a reflection of Mississippi voters actually THINKING THROUGH the implications of personhood for a fertilzed egg.

And, fortunately, it removes one of the ways that Republicans could blow the presidential election; probably the most disappointed people in the country that this failed are Obama and his advisors, who were probably salivating at being able to run against it nation-wide.

Heck, forget the miscarriages – what about the failure of a fertilized egg to implant in the uterus, which happens constantly?

Any supporters of the Mississippi proposal – if you or or wife actually discovered that you had a fertilized egg that failed to implant, would you name it, call all your family members, and have a funeral?

And if you’re not TRYING to discover all the fertilized eggs that aren’t implanting, isn’t that gross contempt for human life?

19 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:14:07 PM byStrategerist

DangerClose

To: Strategerist

Whatever it was, it wasn’t “convoluted.” It was as doggone simple as you can get! If the results are complicated, well think of what happened when black men were emancipated. A great evil being undone results in a great confusion in the established order.

Anyhow, yes to sell this has to deal rationally with triage situations. But doesn’t MS already have a body of triage law?

38 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:29:25 PM byHiTech RedNeck (ya don’t tug on Superman’s cape/ya don’t spit into the wind–and ya don’t speak well of Mitt to Jim!)
To: independent in tx
Here’s another good thought experiment.

Let’s say your neighbors are married and 30, and have been married for 10 years. And don’t have any children. Suspicious, no>

Isn’t it your responsibility to report them to Child Protective Services on the suspicion that they’ve been been using birth control pills (which, as we’re continually told by the fanatics, are an “abortifacient”).

These people may have been guilty of killing HUNDREDS of “persons.” Which clearly justifies a warrant and the police coming in and ransacking the house looking for birth control pills.

39 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:30:41 PM byStrategerist

BanHim2

To: Strategerist

You pro-aborts are sounding very irrational on this.

44 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:34:39 PM byGeronL (The Right to Life came before the Right to Happiness)

To: GeronL
You pro-aborts are sounding very irrational on this.

If you call “thinking” being irrational.

Burning building – you can carry out an unconscious 10 year old girl, or a cooler full of 10,000 frozen embryos, but not both. Which do you pick?

47 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:37:42 PM byStrategerist

Popcorn

To: HiTech RedNeck

So, you don’t believe in the principles of the Declaration of Independence.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men…”

And folks wonder why the country is in the shape it is in.

64 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:52:15 PM byEternalVigilance (“Si vis pacem, para bellum.” “If you wish for peace, prepare for war.”)
To: EternalVigilance

Do you think Thomas Jefferson thought an embryo was a man?

In 1776 people didn’t even know how fertilization worked; there were people that thought sperm contained an entire embryo well into the 19th century.

So do you think Thomas Jefferson thought a spermatozoa was a man?

71 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:59:21 PM byStrategerist
To: Strategerist

Oh go torch your strawmen somewhere private. This didn’t cover spermatazoa.

74 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:01:45 PM byHiTech RedNeck (ya don’t tug on Superman’s cape/ya don’t spit into the wind–and ya don’t speak well of Mitt to Jim!)
To: HiTech RedNeck

The ACTUAL strawman is the implication that the Declaration of Independence had fertilized eggs in mind when it referred to “men” – and it wasn’t an implication made by me.

My point was if they DID in fact have fertilized eggs in mind in the Declaration of Independence, given the state of scientific understanding at the time, it’s quite possible that they actually had sperm in mind in the Declaration of Independence.

In which case, we need to go around locking up masturbating men, don’t you think?

80 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:06:55 PM byStrategerist
PalinHey

To: terycarl
Like the other posters, you’re missing the point. If conception is the legal start of personhood, then a one-celled zygote deserves the same protection as a 2, 4, 8 or whatever celled person. Legally, that means a woman could be charged with manslaughter for having a miscarriage or murder for using the pill. You might think a zygote deserves that level of protection. I might even agree, but you’ve got to convince a majority of voters to support you. That’s my point. Most people, even Christians, aren’t willing to treat the death of a freshly fertilized egg, a one-celled zygote, the same as the death of a child.
103 posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:30:17 PM byCitizenUSA (What’s special about bad? Bad is easy. Anyone can do bad. Aspire to be good!)
To: independent in tx
From what I have read you are right.It was not a law to outlaw abortions, but would have also been illegal to get contraceptives..They went too far and lost the chance to do away with abortions.. The shame is on the radicals that wanted more than abortions to be made illegal…they wanted everything and got nothing...just finished arguing with one that wanted everything made illegal..blame it on them.
135 posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:22:15 AM bygoat granny
Higher brain function in a Freeper – will wonders never cease?
See you good people next week – and – just so ya don’t forget :

Like this:

Like Loading...
Tagged , , , , ,

10 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Revenge of the Putrid Potpourri edition

1. azportsider says:

“…and that we will have to ‘get into the mud’ to fight back.” That’d be at least one step up.
    Nice work, as always, Tommy. Thank you for what you do for all of us.

2. Snarki, child of Loki says:

I can just see the GOP 2012 ticket now…
    Palin/Perry 2012: Dumber & Dumberer
    sounds like it could even be a movie…

3. left rev., ferret envy says:

*throws self in front of the duck*
    Gotta love the “values” voters, ammirite?
    How soon do you think it will be before life begins at the twinkle in Dad’s eye? I’ll bet some folks in that sewer are already there.
    Once they realize what a pain it is to drive their thoroughly subjugated women to daily uterus checks, they’ll back off a little.

4. gene says:

To: Free ThinkerNY
    Lot’s of, um, minorities in Miss that, hopefully, use the abortion services.
    I know, I know. Going to get banned.

Yep, these freepers, not a racist bone in their bodies, no sir!/snark Good work, Tommy, as usual.

5. buccaneer81 (ECOMCON)
    That’s reasonablysubtle.
    Thanks, T.

6. Padre Mickey says:

Please, don’t hurt the duck!Ducks are people, my friend! Mitt Romney paraphrase.

7. Tommy T says:

OK – duck spared for another week.
    Thanks, folks – I love to see you riff on my riffs.
    Tommy

8. mazareth says:

Every sperm is sacred.
    Every sperm is great…
    Thank you yet again for one of the highlights of my week!

9. MaryRC says:

Or once the meaning of these words dawns on them: DNA paternity testing. Child support.

10. Breny says:

That was fun! I love it when freepers turn on each other.