Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – “Freepathon meltdown” edition

Suit up, folks – the fit has hit the shan over in greater Freepistan for sure.

When I put last week’s “Downfall” parody together, I had no idea how closely reality would follow satire, but it has, and more.

This:

…had become this:

Let’s put this FReepathon to bed. We have bigger fish to fry.
April 27, 2012 | 2ndDivisionVet

Posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 6:56:50 AM by2ndDivisionVet

Everyone please send whatever you are able to, whether it is $10, $100 or $1,000+.The DUmmies, Morons, Kos Kiddies and that crew are laughing up their sleeves. Jim may have to make this site members only or allow ads. Better for us to just help with what we can. Maybe you can donate as a memorial for a lost loved one, a servicemember who never made it home or was disabled defending our country. Perhaps you’d like to give to keep free discussion alive and to show them that we’re not knuckling under. I’m sure a well thought out or prayerful meditation will lead you to see the need and how you can help. If every registered FReeper and our lurkers would each just help out with a fin or a sawbuck, or better yet a Ben Franklin, we could put this to bed and get on with the conservative cause.

1 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 6:56:52 AM by2ndDivisionVet
Comment #2 Removed by Moderator
Well – we’re off to a flying start on this threadwhatever could that first response have been?
Unfortunately for the Freeperati, I captured it defore deletion:

To: 2ndDivisionVet
Yes, ya’ll haven’t smeared Romney near enough to re-elect your favcrite house negro President.

2 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 7:15:58 AM byPeter from Rutland
Oh, my.

Perhaps you’d like to give to keep free discussion alive (???????)
10 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 7:58:01 AM bywtc911 (Amigo – you’ve been had.)
To: wtc911

You don’t believe that free discussion takes place here?

11 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:01:02 AM by2ndDivisionVet (Ich habe keinen Konig aber Gott)
BanHim2

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Insulting FReepers is not exactly the best way to solicit funds.

You may want to reflect on why contributions are way off.

12 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:03:32 AM bySecond Amendment First (“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not…” – Thomas Jefferson.)

To: 2ndDivisionVet
I believe that there used to be a model of free discussion here. But, the number of zots over opinion as opposed to violation of posting rules gives credence to those who say that this model has ceased to exist.

You know that I speak my mind. What you don’t know is that I have received well over a dozen messages in the past two years from freepers who said that they were afraid to post similar opinions for fear of being zotted.

That’s the fact of it…many long-time freepers do not feel “free” to discuss. I believe that the pendulum will swing back but in the mean-time FR will lose good people.

15 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:12:52 AM bywtc911 (Amigo – you’ve been had.)
To: wtc911

If FR survives the next four years of Obama, I will be pleasantly surprised.

18 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:19:07 AM bynetmilsmom (I am Breitbart)
If Freepervile survives this thread, I will be pleasantly surprised.

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Try harder next time, perhaps threaten my life.

19 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:20:22 AM byPeter from Rutland
To: Peter from Rutland

Aren’t we the little martyr?And your “house negro” comment sure doesn’t hurt those enemies of FreeRepublic who constantly attempt to paint us all as hood wearing Klansmen or skinhead neo-Nazis.

ThatShipHasSailed

Just what a troll would do.

28 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:41:51 AM by2ndDivisionVet (Ich habe keinen Konig aber Gott)
To: WatchOutForSnakes
Ask all the people who have been run off over a simple difference of opinion

Bless your heart. It’s not a simple difference of opinion.

1. A Conservative bastion cannot support a socialist.

2. Conservatives are fighting Republican liberals for control. Surrendering is just that, surrender. Why would they ever believe conservatives “line in the sand” if we cave to them again?

3. Principles matter.

34 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:50:48 AM byDJ MacWoW (America! The wolves are here! What will you do?)
Freepers argung over principles is like two Heart Attack Grill patrons arguing over healthy lifestyle choices.

To: Peter from Rutland

The originator of this post is doing a fine job of “putting this FReepathon to bed”.

I wonder if he is actually an anti-freeper looking to put the final nail in FR as we have known it.

35 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:52:03 AM bySecond Amendment First (“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not…” – Thomas Jefferson.)
To: wtc911
You are so correct. I have been a member since 2001 and have always been quite loyal. However, the insults and constant badgering that is currently allowed has soured me on the site. Believe me I am extremely conservative, but feel that it is more important to remove Obama than anything else. That is obviously no longer the objective on this site. Instead it seems to be to insult anyone who believes as I do.

Because this site is supported by we who contribute, I don’t understand the thinking that only some peoples ideas can be heard. Of course, if I am an Obama backer I should be insulted and banned, but that is far from the case. It will unfortunately destroy the site. I am so sad, because I have always loved this site. i just don’t come here any more because of the insults.

44 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:05:19 AM byw1andsodidwe (Barrak has now won the contest. He is even worse than Jimmah.)
To: 2ndDivisionVet

The vindictiveness that comes out on almost every thread is far from open and free discussion. This is a major part of the donation problem, as I see it.

47 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:12:02 AM bySouthTexas (You cannot bargain with the devil, shut the government down.)

To: Second Amendment First
those being banned are the ones silenced for expressing their opinions.

The owner has made clear that Conservative FR will not support a socialist. Those banned for various reasons know the rules. They made a choice.

A decade ago this used to be a real free discussion site

Then you haven’t been paying attention. For the whole life of FR there have been “lines in the sand” and there has been those who chose to cross them.

49 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:17:00 AM byDJ MacWoW (America! The wolves are here! What will you do?)
To: 2ndDivisionVet
“Free discussion…” LOL! How can you even post such a lie.I told the goon squad last January they were losing donations due to their stupid antics of Zotting, tattle tailing(sic) and brow beating posters that don’t tow(sic) the line. Now you come with your tin cup in hand wondering where the money went.It’s NOT the economy but you all won’t listen anyways.
51 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:20:20 AM byladyvet ( I would rather have Incitatus then the asses that are in congress today.)
To: norwaypinesavage

I don’t believe that telling the truth is “stirring the pot”. Sometimes the truth hurts, but that’s usually when it most needs to be said.

That is not what you are doing. This is a fund raising thread

(Clouseau) “Not any-meure.”

and you have taken this opportunity to take shots at FR for standing on principle.

54 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:25:45 AM byDJ MacWoW (America! The wolves are here! What will you do?)
I’m sorry – was that a double, or triple-bypass burger?

To: DJ MacWoW

Principles matter? Are you kidding. They are so fluid here, I’m not even sure they exist. Many of the “Go Newt!” crowd were flaming him as a liberal they couldnt vote for as late as last December.

55 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:25:47 AM byRaider Sam (They’re on our left, right, front, and back. They aint gettin away this time!)
Much more and much worse to come after the manifold, including an appearance by Jim Rob himself on what I’m now calling the official“What the fuck’swrong with you people??” thread