Suit up, folks – the fit has hit the shan over in greater Freepistan for sure.

When I put last week’s “Downfall” parody together, I had no idea how closely reality would follow satire, but it has, and more.

This:

…had become this:

Let’s put this FReepathon to bed. We have bigger fish to fry.
April 27, 2012 | 2ndDivisionVet

Posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 6:56:50 AM by2ndDivisionVet

Everyone please send whatever you are able to, whether it is $10, $100 or $1,000+.The DUmmies, Morons, Kos Kiddies and that crew are laughing up their sleeves. Jim may have to make this site members only or allow ads. Better for us to just help with what we can. Maybe you can donate as a memorial for a lost loved one, a servicemember who never made it home or was disabled defending our country. Perhaps you’d like to give to keep free discussion alive and to show them that we’re not knuckling under. I’m sure a well thought out or prayerful meditation will lead you to see the need and how you can help. If every registered FReeper and our lurkers would each just help out with a fin or a sawbuck, or better yet a Ben Franklin, we could put this to bed and get on with the conservative cause.

1 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 6:56:52 AM by2ndDivisionVet
Comment #2 Removed by Moderator
Well – we’re off to a flying start on this threadwhatever could that first response have been?
Unfortunately for the Freeperati, I captured it defore deletion:

To: 2ndDivisionVet
Yes, ya’ll haven’t smeared Romney near enough to re-elect your favcrite house negro President.

2 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 7:15:58 AM byPeter from Rutland
Oh, my.

Perhaps you’d like to give to keep free discussion alive (???????)
10 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 7:58:01 AM bywtc911 (Amigo – you’ve been had.)
To: wtc911

You don’t believe that free discussion takes place here?

11 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:01:02 AM by2ndDivisionVet (Ich habe keinen Konig aber Gott)
BanHim2

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Insulting FReepers is not exactly the best way to solicit funds.

You may want to reflect on why contributions are way off.

12 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:03:32 AM bySecond Amendment First (“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not…” – Thomas Jefferson.)

To: 2ndDivisionVet
I believe that there used to be a model of free discussion here. But, the number of zots over opinion as opposed to violation of posting rules gives credence to those who say that this model has ceased to exist.

You know that I speak my mind. What you don’t know is that I have received well over a dozen messages in the past two years from freepers who said that they were afraid to post similar opinions for fear of being zotted.

That’s the fact of it…many long-time freepers do not feel “free” to discuss. I believe that the pendulum will swing back but in the mean-time FR will lose good people.

15 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:12:52 AM bywtc911 (Amigo – you’ve been had.)
To: wtc911

If FR survives the next four years of Obama, I will be pleasantly surprised.

18 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:19:07 AM bynetmilsmom (I am Breitbart)
If Freepervile survives this thread, I will be pleasantly surprised.

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Try harder next time, perhaps threaten my life.

19 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:20:22 AM byPeter from Rutland
To: Peter from Rutland

Aren’t we the little martyr?And your “house negro” comment sure doesn’t hurt those enemies of FreeRepublic who constantly attempt to paint us all as hood wearing Klansmen or skinhead neo-Nazis.

ThatShipHasSailed

Just what a troll would do.

28 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:41:51 AM by2ndDivisionVet (Ich habe keinen Konig aber Gott)
To: WatchOutForSnakes
Ask all the people who have been run off over a simple difference of opinion

Bless your heart. It’s not a simple difference of opinion.

1. A Conservative bastion cannot support a socialist.

2. Conservatives are fighting Republican liberals for control. Surrendering is just that, surrender. Why would they ever believe conservatives “line in the sand” if we cave to them again?

3. Principles matter.

34 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:50:48 AM byDJ MacWoW (America! The wolves are here! What will you do?)
Freepers argung over principles is like two Heart Attack Grill patrons arguing over healthy lifestyle choices.

To: Peter from Rutland

The originator of this post is doing a fine job of “putting this FReepathon to bed”.

I wonder if he is actually an anti-freeper looking to put the final nail in FR as we have known it.

35 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 8:52:03 AM bySecond Amendment First (“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not…” – Thomas Jefferson.)
To: wtc911
You are so correct. I have been a member since 2001 and have always been quite loyal. However, the insults and constant badgering that is currently allowed has soured me on the site. Believe me I am extremely conservative, but feel that it is more important to remove Obama than anything else. That is obviously no longer the objective on this site. Instead it seems to be to insult anyone who believes as I do.

Because this site is supported by we who contribute, I don’t understand the thinking that only some peoples ideas can be heard. Of course, if I am an Obama backer I should be insulted and banned, but that is far from the case. It will unfortunately destroy the site. I am so sad, because I have always loved this site. i just don’t come here any more because of the insults.

44 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:05:19 AM byw1andsodidwe (Barrak has now won the contest. He is even worse than Jimmah.)
To: 2ndDivisionVet

The vindictiveness that comes out on almost every thread is far from open and free discussion. This is a major part of the donation problem, as I see it.

47 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:12:02 AM bySouthTexas (You cannot bargain with the devil, shut the government down.)

To: Second Amendment First
those being banned are the ones silenced for expressing their opinions.

The owner has made clear that Conservative FR will not support a socialist. Those banned for various reasons know the rules. They made a choice.

A decade ago this used to be a real free discussion site

Then you haven’t been paying attention. For the whole life of FR there have been “lines in the sand” and there has been those who chose to cross them.

49 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:17:00 AM byDJ MacWoW (America! The wolves are here! What will you do?)
To: 2ndDivisionVet
“Free discussion…” LOL! How can you even post such a lie.I told the goon squad last January they were losing donations due to their stupid antics of Zotting, tattle tailing(sic) and brow beating posters that don’t tow(sic) the line. Now you come with your tin cup in hand wondering where the money went.It’s NOT the economy but you all won’t listen anyways.
51 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:20:20 AM byladyvet ( I would rather have Incitatus then the asses that are in congress today.)
To: norwaypinesavage

I don’t believe that telling the truth is “stirring the pot”. Sometimes the truth hurts, but that’s usually when it most needs to be said.

That is not what you are doing. This is a fund raising thread

(Clouseau) “Not any-meure.”

and you have taken this opportunity to take shots at FR for standing on principle.

54 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:25:45 AM byDJ MacWoW (America! The wolves are here! What will you do?)
I’m sorry – was that a double, or triple-bypass burger?

To: DJ MacWoW

Principles matter? Are you kidding. They are so fluid here, I’m not even sure they exist. Many of the “Go Newt!” crowd were flaming him as a liberal they couldnt vote for as late as last December.

55 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:25:47 AM byRaider Sam (They’re on our left, right, front, and back. They aint gettin away this time!)
Much more and much worse to come after the manifold, including an appearance by Jim Rob himself on what I’m now calling the official“What the fuck’swrong with you people??” thread

So – now we have the Romney and anti-Romney forces, once content with taking potshots at each other, now engaged in all out nukular combat, toe-to-toe with…each other.

To: w1andsodidwe

It makes you wonder:Why would someone donate if they could be banned the next day (and be insulted at the same time)?

60 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:32:18 AM byRaider Sam (They’re on our left, right, front, and back. They aint gettin away this time!)
To: 2ndDivisionVet

Jim was warned years ago that banning and insulting his followers was going to lead down this path. He chose arrogance, pride and misguided principles (whatever they may be at the moment) over the financial health of this site and now he’s reaping the rewards. You want our money? Change the way you do business. Simple as that.

68 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:40:10 AM byAce of Spades (Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?)
OhNoYouDidnt

To: Second Amendment First

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of that going around. It started with beginning of the primaries, and has on occasion gone nearly rabid with entire mobs piling on—often led or at least encouraged by mods. I’ll never understand why conservatives so viciously attack other conservatives, simply because they favor a different candidate in the primaries. Whole threads celebrated the ensuing zots—without considering that they just (a) cut off a good revenue source, and (b) ran off a good conservative, whose only “crime” was supporting someone other than Cain or Gingrich.

It’s ironichilarious, though, that everyone the wilding zotters favored were duds at the polls.

69 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:42:22 AM byMizSterious (Now that Perry’s out, I guess I’ll just have to vote for “Generic Republican Candidate”)
FIFY.

To: 2ndDivisionVet

I’ll pass.

71 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:43:02 AM byConstitution Day
“I call your fundraising attempt a silly thing.”

To: norwaypinesavage

Exactly. I still give a monthly donation, but mostly out of inertia.

“You fill me with inertia.”

“FR wants my money, but not my opinions” – that’s been my prevailing thought since I committed the apostasy of saying Romney gave a decent speech one night many months ago. Amazingly, I wasn’t summarily banned, but the rebuttals were quite rabid, and really were a game changer in my attitude towards the site, of which I’ve been a member off and on since the Clinton days. Add to that my non-Christian beliefs, and a profession that many here strongly despise, and it’s clear I don’t really belong.

I still come here for the news and the often entertaining reactions to it, but I no longer believe the local denizens represent the views of the vast majority of conservatives I know (fortunately), and I certainly no longer throw the raw meat of any serious opposition opinions to the self-righteous who control things here.

Many who might have provided financial support have literally been run off or banned, but an even greater number, I believe, have simply been alienated. The folks who run the site – officially and unofficially – are, of course, free to do so however they want, but it is naive to then also expect, after creating so much divisiveness, that a wide swath of conservatives are going to pony up donations out of a sense of good will.

77 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:47:28 AM bydagogo redux (A whiff of primitive spirits in the air, harbingers of an impending descent into the feral.)
To: 2ndDivisionVet

The past 2-3 months? Not really.I haven’t been posting much for fear of saying the wrong thing and getting zotted by one of the mods gone wild.

78 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:47:48 AM bymojitojoe (American by birth. Southern by the grace of God. Conservative by reason and logic.)
ModsGoneWild

To: Peter from Rutland

Doesn’t matter. They are the in-crowd, we are not. I’ve seen a lot of good conservatives either get the zot, or leave because of the insults.

85 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:52:23 AM byMizSterious (Now that Perry’s out, I guess I’ll just have to vote for “Generic Republican Candidate”)

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Unfortunately the tipping point has been reached.

Asking for more and more money – from fewer and fewer folks. Many who used to contribute, both money and commentary, have left, been banned, or have gone into lurk mode for reasons that have been well laid out.

88 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:54:33 AM bydon-o (He will not share His glory and He will NOT be mocked! Blessed be the name of the Lord forever.)
To: DJ MacWoW
Continuing to support a socialist on FR is against the rules. There has also been outside influences at work here. It’s called trolling. The aim is to destroy FR. Why FReepers want to help that goal is beyond me but they are being influenced.

That boat won’t float. All the problems come from within this site. People know they have to fall in line or pay a price for it. These are self inflicted wounds.

89 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:55:27 AM byfml
MutinyLogo

To: 2ndDivisionVet

I’ll pass.

91 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:55:53 AM byLando Lincoln (But that’s just me.)
Three no chump.

To: MizSterious

With them it will always be:

My religion is the only true one.
My denomination is the only true one.
My sect is the only true one.
My sub-sect is the only true one.
My splinter group is the only true one.
My line of scripture trumps your line of scripture.
And so on.

93 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 9:59:59 AM bySecond Amendment First (“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not…” – Thomas Jefferson.)
To: MizSterious

I don’t get scared away. I thrive on it. As far back as 1984, far before the internet, I was doing the whole repartee thing in a worldwide forum with people who could skin a cat with mere words alone.

So I’m well versed and have enormously thick skin.

In the real world the most rabid here are a drop in an ocean. If they sit out the election because they do not find Romney palatable they simply won’t count. Theirs was one vote among millions. The rest of the grown ups will pick up the fight against this dictator wanna-be Obama and remove the stain from this once great country.

RomneyPresident Obama clearly isn’t perfect but he’s no where near the anti-Christ he’s portrayed to be in here and by some zealots in the blog-o-sphere.

Fixed it for ya.

As far as fundraising you would need to speak with my financial adviser (i.e. wife). Good luck.

95 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 10:00:53 AM byPeter from Rutland
I’d say that’s an “I’ll pass”.

To: wtc911

Bingo!!!

I remember when the only people zotted were disruptors and the occasional stromfront member who snuck in through the back door to send everyone racist private messages. Fer cryin’ out loud, we had Murraymom posting here! She was as unashamedly liberal as anyone over at Kos! We were truly a “Free Republic.”

These days you’re free to agree with the harpy brigade and you’re walking on thin ice if you don’t.

106 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 10:05:35 AM byDrew68
To: w1andsodidwe

The problem is, most Freepers feel as you do. They just left, stopped posting, have been zotted, or have found greener pastures. There is a posse on here that consists of about 20-30 that relentlessly goes after anyone that says they will vote for ABO. That group is relentless and abusive. They hate or pretend to hate mittens more than anything on earth . I wonder if they realize the harm they are doing to this great forum.

and I’m done, I swore I wouldn’t comment but couldn’t help myself.

110 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 10:07:52 AM bymojitojoe (American by birth. Southern by the grace of God. Conservative by reason and logic.)
ModsGoneWild2

To: DJ MacWoW

You wanna know who is ruining FR? You and your ping list buddies.

111 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 10:08:19 AM byDrew68
To: Drew68
You wanna know who is ruining FR? You and your ping list buddies.

Now That’s worth a WOO HOO!!!

133 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 10:18:28 AM byladyvet ( I would rather have Incitatus then the asses that are in congress today.)
To: All

Jesus Harvey frigging Christ.

I was going to double my monthly donation, but I don’t think I will.

By the looks of how this thread on fundraising has turned into a hair-pulling catfight where it has become more important for everyone to show just how hurt their feelings are, this site is finished. Jim should just hit the RESET button and start over after a six-month vacation.

This is not to say FR is without blame. Keeping ping lists on people who speak about their support for a republican you don’t like, then banning them for their beliefs, is gutless and idiotic if it is indeed happening.

207 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 10:56:36 AM bysnowrip (Liberal? You are a socialist idiot with no rational argument.)
And then, an interesting exchange between MizSterious and moderator DJ MacWoW :

To: Tribune7

Yeah, and I remember a time when someone who openly supported a communist like Obama by trying to suppress the vote for the Republican on the ballot would have been banned for life. 😦

277 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 11:34:48 AM byMizSterious (Now that Perry’s out, I guess I’ll just have to vote for “Generic Republican Candidate”)
To: Tribune7; MizSterious

Ask your friends on True Blue.

308 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 11:51:56 AM byDJ MacWoW (America! The wolves are here! What will you do?)
To: DJ MacWoW; Tribune7

Odd that you’d say this, since I have not mentioned this place except in freepmail to Tribune7. I have not registered there, not posted there, so how else do you get this information? It can ONLY come by reading private Freepmail. Freepers, be on alert. Your freepmail is not private here.

348 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 12:06:10 PM byMizSterious (Now that Perry’s out, I guess I’ll just have to vote for “Generic Republican Candidate”)
For the uninitiated, “Freepmail” is the supposedly private member-to-member FR email system.
Looks like the Stasi has been working overtime, no?
Jim Rob finally shows up:

To: Tribune7

I will not vote for an abortionist/homosexualist/statist for president. And I will not put up a yard sign for him at my home or on my website. That’s just the way it is and no one should be shocked. RINOs be damned. We are the resistance!!

Rebellion is here!!

377 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 12:22:14 PM byJim Robinson (Rebellion is on!!)
To: adc

Romney is no conservative. Never has been. Never will be. Hell, he’s not even a Republican. Don’t listen to his lies, look at his RECORD.

I will not vote for or support an abortionist, homosexualist statist for president. Period.

We are the resistance!!

Rebellion is on!!

408 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 12:39:46 PM byJim Robinson (Rebellion is on!!)
To:Jim Robinson

Jim, I can’t believe I’m going say this, but you’re soundingneuroticpsychotic!

FIFY

What the heck is a homosexuality? Is that even a word?

415 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 12:44:15 PM byJerseyRepub (I voted for John Kerry before I voted against him!)
DangerClose

To: Jim Robinson

Jim, your resistance is falling apart due to desertions and summary executions. And you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Your stand is well-documented and I haven’t seen a single person here who disagrees with the core of it.

But this site has become a pale shadow of what it once was. Once conservatives of varying degrees were free to discuss openly and intelligently. Now anyone who diverges even slightly from the mob’s opinion is openly insulted, often by you personally, often in disgusting and degrading terms.

423 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 12:48:22 PM byAce of Spades (Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?)
Wow.

To: Jim Robinson

Well, Jim, my old friend, it’s time to part ways. You can go ahead and “zot” me as well. I’ve been thinking about this situation here, and it seems to me I’ve been sitting on the fence. You’re right. Rebellion IS afoot. I can no longer support any site or any person who is openly working to keep the illegal alien, communist dictator wannabe Obama in office.

My ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War, and just about every war ever since, did not fight, and in some cases die, so that a dangerous fraud like Obama can take our country down. A conservative site that won’t support the Republican on the ballot—well, it’s something else, not conservative.

I think it’s time to thank you for all the many good discussions over the years, wish you the best, and say goodby.

However, to most of the mods, I can only say, glad to be on my way. I will not miss these, not one bit.

430 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 12:51:51 PM byMizSterious (Now that Perry’s out, I guess I’ll just have to vote for “Generic Republican Candidate”)
To: Jim Robinson

Did you vote for Nixon or Ford? Then you aren’t pure enough, for they were both pro choice. And Nixon was the biggest big government guy of our lifetimes, his EPA is still destroying our freedoms to this day.You have allowed the vilest comments on this site for the last year, including many by you, and then you preach how pure you are, and you wonder why noone comments anymore.You have given over control of the site to a bunch of keyboard commandos that wouldn’t dare say what they say in person, and then hide behind their version of religion as an excuse. It is really sad what you have done to what was once the best sight on the internet. Good Luck on keeping this sight going with the same 30 posters commenting repeatedly, oh wait thats what they have been doing for months.Goodby and good luck with getting Obama reelected, my children and grandchildren don’t deserve it, but apparently a few on here will feel better about their “principles” .

510 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 1:34:48 PM byOregon Coast Conservative
It’s a mad rush for the exits!!!!
(extra exclamation points included just to annoy Adrastos)

To: Jim Robinson

No problem this will be my last post.

You don’t answer my questions so how can I like your responses?

You just drone on and on totally unaware of your surroundings, that’s cool. Your stuck on LIFE right?, whatever the heck that means. I guess it beats stuck on stupid.

Living in the past is not a guarantee of future success btw.

536 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 1:51:01 PM byfml
To: mojitojoe

This thread is the very evidence of why this site is no longer the conservative site of choice to donate to or post in.This site is no longer conservative.Good FReepers are sick of the gestapo IN clique that sickly controls and attacks anyone that does not tow their every thought.Many are afraid to post.It was out of hand months ago and now it is just down right abusive hateful behavior. They ping each other to bully someone and then ping a special list to WATCH the zot? If the time spent that they waste doing this was put towards exposing fast and furious or REAL activism this site would be booming again.

I watched Perry,Bachmann,Santorum get trashed by the IN CROWD CLIQUE.And now the IN clique gestapo ping list has the audacity to act as if Newt Gingrich is any different than Romney?Both Gingrich and Romney are reformed RINO’s.AKA GOP e.

I am sick of the long winded speeches saying Romney is pro abortion when three pro life, damned good, conservative candidates were trashed ON THIS FORUM like DU trolls trash conservatives.Go look at Romney’s official issues.He is pro life now.Just like Gingrich is pro-life now.They both reformed supposedly.What makes one better than the other?And don’t waste time posting long posts with links of how evil and bad Romney is. I could do the same exact thing with Gingrich and the facts would be found in this forums archives.

ABO

537 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 1:51:18 PM byDubya-M-DeesWent2SyriaStupid!
Jim Rob was right about the rebellion being on.
He just didn’t know that it was against him.

To: Jim Robinson

Rebelling against both candidates? I just cannot do anything or participate in anyway, shape or form that helps o bama the mad Marxist get re-elected. I hope that you understand that. I know you read the FR threads Jim and I know that you know I have never been a fan of Romney’s, my past posts since the day I joined speak for themselves.

I will never promote Romney on FR, and never have, you have made your feelings clear. It’s your forum and I respect that. I hope you understand if I take a time out and spend my time elsewhere until after the elections. I feel it is my duty to do everything in my power to get that tyrant out of our White House.

I understand Romney is not a conservative. I get it. However I just happen to think what’s in there now is 100X worse.

544 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 1:55:39 PM bymojitojoe (American by birth. Southern by the grace of God. Conservative by reason and logic.)
Folks, this goes on forOne Thousand Four Hundred and Six fucking posts.
Sorrowful or angry departures, and mods / suckups telling them, “FYYFF”, interspersed with Jim Rob ranting about “homosexualists”.
Like someone once said:
“Let it burn.”

Like this:

16 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – “Freepathon meltdown” edition

1. Razor Eddie says:

Woooooowww…
    Are we seeing the end of Freepersville?

2. Tommy T says:

I hope not, Eddie.
    It would leave an enormous hole in my Saturday mornings.
    Tommy

3. Tommy T says:

(teaser cross-posted to the GOS because it’s too delicious not to share)
    Tommy

4. left rev., ferret envy says:

Well, we always knew this would happen eventually. And now, instead of flushing their funds down the ever swirling toilet that is FR, they will be donating to and working for Republican campaigns.
    If JimRob had been just a leeeeetle more subtle, many would still be martyrs to purity and and directing their energy and time to the the woefully lost causes they’re so very fond of. Kind of a bummer there.
    But funnier then hell to watch, I’ll admit that 🙂

5. Scott S. says:

Won’t be long before Jim Rob is the only person on his site, talking to himself in his own comment threads, squeakily ranting about “the Revolution” and “the homosexualists” while the pizza boxes and unpaid bills pile up by the door.
    I hope he films it. It’ll be hilarious.

6. mass says:

They’re stupid enough to eat their own, knowing it’ll only make them sicker…

7. MarcD says:

Thanks as usual, Tommy. Jim “’tis merely a flesh wound!” Robinson may not be astute in figuring out when the battle has been lost, but he sure is good with labels.
    Now, as one last tribute to the foundering USS Freeperville, I offer, “The Decline of Free Republic – a Freeper’s View.”
    “I think that it is clear, after reading the roughly 1,500 posts in the above thread that FreeRepublic is in trouble. I can only surmise that one of three things is causing it:
    1. Aborto-Libera-Crats have infiltrated the site and are trying to disrupt the Freepathon Alinsky style.
    2. JimRob is tired of running FR, and has sown discontent to ensure the Freepathon’s failure so that he may make a graceful departure.
    3. Aborto-Romney-publicans are destroying FR from within using a combination of divisive Rovian messaging and Romneybots. Let’s face it, Romney has so much money he can hire all sorts of people just to post on FR all day and take out the site!
    All three of these only mean one thing: we have them on the run! We may be down to a small number of True Patriots ™, but even Jesus only needed 12! And one of those was a traitor! The establishment knows that FreeRepublic is a force to be reckonned with in Presidential politics, otherwise why would they be engaging in such a conspiracy to keep us down?!?>1?!??
    I call on all True Patriots ™ to join me in donating to FR! I think if you shake the Magic Jesus Ball and Search Your Heart ™ you will find there is no other way to stop the coming Aborto-Establisho-GunNoNo-Blacko-Browno-Femino-Commies.”
    Hopefully I captured the essence of a Freeper. Look for my off-off-off-off-Broadway one man show, “The Agony and the Psychopathy of Jim Robinson.”

8. Tommy T says:

“but even Jesus only needed 12! And one of those was a traitor!”
    ROFL!
    Tommy

9. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

It’s hilarious when they start eating their own… Granted they are all covered in a film of flung poo…so there’s a bit of a piquant ‘zip’ of flavor added. I’m sure this isn’t their first taste, so they aren’t averse.
    Ugh…
    Thanks Tommy for taking the risk to make us enter an otherwise gnarly Monday w/a grin. 🙂

10. Dee Loralei says:

Wow. Just wow. Thanks TommyT!!!!!!!!!<–for Adros.

Could it be that they have gotten so used to getting their way by operating in hate mode, that hate mode became the only way they know?
    Also, one possibly plausible outcome. I have seen hatefule conservative posts spread across the internet which appear to be the work of a single person posting under multiple aliases. Will the FR become the site of heated discussions of a handful of a few paid propagandists making long threads by posting under the horde of alisases?

12. Greywolf says:

Thanks for once again journeying into the snake pit of insanity, Tommy. I needed something to laugh about and your tales from the Freepers always work. I look forward to it each week

13. Kibitzer 2006 says:

And the Freepathon is up to 37% of the (new) goal of $84,000. Oddly enough, the goal has come down from $94,000 last week. If the goal post hadn’t moved, they would be at only 35%. Tommy, please, please tell me which side I bet on (and be honest).
    [Added in proof: I actually wrote that before reading this week’s Obsession.]

Let’s put this FReepathon to bed. We have bigger fish to fry. [April 27, 2012 6:56:50 AM by 2ndDivisionVet]

And, right out of the gate, 2ndDivisionVet is cheering for me (or Tommy–I still don’t know which).

Everyone please send whatever you are able to, whether it is $10, $100 or $1,000+. The DUmmies, Morons, Kos Kiddies and that crew are laughing up their sleeves. Jim may have to make this site members only or allow ads. [April 27, 2012 6:56:52 AM by 2ndDivisionVet]

I don’t know about the others, but I’m not even trying to hide my laughs in my sleeves. Although I’m half tempted to donate, just to preserve the entertainment.

It makes you wonder: Why would someone donate if they could be banned the next day (and be insulted at the same time)? [April 27, 2012 9:32:18 AM by Raider Sam (They’re on our left, right, front, and back. They aint gettin away this time!)]

Two for the price of one?

“FR wants my money, but not my opinions” [April 27, 2012 9:47:28 AM by dagogo redux (A whiff of primitive spirits in the air, harbingers of an impending descent into the feral.)]

When FR wants your opinions they’ll give them to you.

When it’s only the in-crowd left, it will be interesting which of them will be targeted for the next purge. [April 27, 2012 9:59:59 AM by Second Amendment First (“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not…” – Thomas Jefferson.)]

I really wish I could find that quote about the last guy left, beating himself up in the mirror over the length of his hair (or even remember the origin of the quote).

Why anyone of even moderate intelligence would want to be a part of this anymore is beyond me. I do not. Please disable my account. [April 27, 2012 12:48:22 PM by Ace of Spades (Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?)]

So that would be The Ace of Spades? Self zotting. I always suspected he had a little more sense than he let on.

Have you ever noticed the IN crowd clique never posts in other conservative threads? Why does it seem like they post in the FReepathon thread with cutesy graphics while they are attacking like banshees from hell in all other threads? [Friday, April 27, 2012 1:51:18 PM by Dubya-M-DeesWent2SyriaStupid!]

I usually just skim by these things, but how are the IN crowd “attacking like banshees from hell in all other threads” if they “never post in other conservative threads”. I guess only the Freepathon threads are sufficiently conservative for Dubya-M-DeesWent2SyriaStupid!
    –Kibitzer

14. Tommy T says:

Bumper crop of cool and insightful comments – my thanks to all!
    Tommy

15. It’s a plot! An evil plot, I tell you!
    Hilarious. Conservatives all around the blogosphere are drowning in their own self-importance.