Quote Of The Day: Nothing Against Canada Edition

Light blogging from me this week. Hey, stop cheering in the corner. Yeah, you. Now where was I?Today’s quote comes from Ted Cruz, eh:

“Now the Dallas Morning News says that I may technically have dual citizenship,” Cruz said in a statement published by theWashington Post.
“Assuming that is true, then sure, I will renounce any Canadian
citizenship. Nothing against Canada, but I’m an American by birth and as
a U.S. senator; I believe I should be only an American.”

We all know that the wingnuts won’t go all birther on his ass because he’s one of them and not a Kenyan Mau Mau Marxist Nazi. If I’m wrong they may start serenading him with this song:

10 thoughts on “Quote Of The Day: Nothing Against Canada Edition

1. BlackSheep0ne says:

mau mau … yeah. That’s what I was looking for …
    You have to understand. I live in the district “represented” by the lights of John Frullo, Randy Neugebauer, and Ted Cruz.

2. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

Cruz is a Canadi-Cubano anchor baby! Triple the citizenship, zero the angst from friggin birthers…

I’ve never understood how some folks can go all ballistic that Obama was born in Hawaii yet simultaneously work to remove the “native born” requirement for all sorts of repub candidates (even as bluntly as trying to pass an amendment so Schwatzenager could run for prez.

4. Snarki, child of Loki says:

MapleStreet: you know who ELSE was a right-wing leader imported from Austria?
    Cruz can try to give up his Canadian citizenship, but he can never erase the Mark of the Beast that was imprinted on him by the SOCIALIST SINGLE-PAYER CANADIAN HEALTHCARE that grabbed hold of him when he was squeezed out into this world.

5. MichaelF says:

He can renounce his Canadian citizenship, but he’s still a hoser.

6. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

Cruz should take off, eh!? Toque-wearing, poutine-eatin’ soshulliss-communiss… 😉

7. Clark says:

The we’re-not-racist-really-we-aren’t Tea Partiers won’t vote for Cruz. And he doesn’t know it. Bwahahahahaha.
    “Capitalism is like rain: too little and not much grows; too much and the crops are ruined, the town is under water, and there’s a whole lot of misery.”– Will Rogers

8. BlackSheep0ne says:

Will Rogers was, is, and always will be a genius.

9. Robert Earle says:

Why does a magna cum laude Harvard Law graduate have to rely on what a Dallas newspaper says regarding his own Canadian citizenship?
    He doesn’t. He’s far from an idiot. But he has to play one on TV.

10. adrastos says:

We’re even: I have Vitter as my Senator and Jindal as my Governor. Sheesh.