There goes Wisconsin

I knew I sensed a disturbance in cheeseland yesterday. Little did I know at the time how grave matters were.

Holy Moly is Sam Brownback a fucking moron. Sorry but there’s no other way to put it when a candidate comes to Wisconsin and says this

The GOP presidential hopeful drew boos and groans Friday at the
Wisconsin Republican Party convention when he used a football analogy
to talk about the need to focus on families.

“This is fundamental blocking and tackling,” he said. “This is your
line in football. If you don’t have a line, how many passes can Peyton
Manning complete? Greatest quarterback, maybe, in NFL history.”

Oh Saaammmm…

Favre2

We Luvvvv Brett

Realizing what he had said, the Kansas Republican slumped at the podium and put his head in his hands.

“That’s really bad,” he said. “That will go down in history. I apologize.”

SNIP

“Let’s take Favre then,” Brownback said. “The Packers are great. I’m sorry. How many passes does he complete without a line?”

“All of them!” more than one person yelled from the back.

“I’m not sure how I recover from this,” Brownback said. “My point is we’ve got to rebuild the family. I’ll get off this.”

No cheesehead for Sam evah

12 thoughts on “There goes Wisconsin

1. mdhatter says:

The only thing that comes even close (yet still a lesser sin) would be a Yankees reference in Boston..

2. j swift says:

A politician makes a major sports celebrity gaffe and his apologies flow like the Amazon. A politician makes a racist crack and you have to pry an apology from him. Heh, what is worse, our electorate are probably more likely to forgive and forget the racist remark but not dissin a jock. No dissin the local heroes dumbass.
    Besides John Elway is the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

3. John Barleycorn says:

Isn’t Payton Manning African-American? How can we have this comforting, inclusive vision of a repressive America if we use a white quarterback in this carefully vetted metaphore?

4. scout says:

Elway! Why I ought to…
    🙂
    sorry John— Manning is white. You’ve prollie seen him on teevee. He’s in every commercial

5. jeffrey says:

Maybe he just couldn’t help naming Peyton since he is such a generous GOP donor.

6. John Barleycorn says:

Figures 😉
    I live in a DVR world, so I truly go for a week or more without seeing an ad. It’s bliss.
    Of course, having lived where and when Montana, Elway and Favre were playing, I have managed to raise not caring about football to stratospheric heights.

7. gene214 says:

“”That’s really bad,” he said. “That will go down in history. I apologize.””
    Wow, say some discusting bullshit about women, minorities, Liberals, people who oppose the war,immigrants, and it’s “Whatever, get over it!”. Make a stupid comment about some meathead jock and it’s like “Oh my God! My career’s over! What have I done??!!” No Sam, you’ve said even more batshit crazy things than this, but because they didn’t disparage any of the 3 branches of the American Trinity: God, Guns, football, you’ve been getting a pass.

8. gene214 says:

Try bringing up the Islanders in a room full of NY Rangers fans. That will definitely get you into a world of hurt.

john, it is nice to have those hours back don’t it.
    but being in favre land, i know a bonehead. what a maroon!

10. Jude says:

Silly, silly Sam.
    Once, when living in NYC, I was driving on the BQE behind a semi truck. Instead of the “pass” and “don’t pass” signs on the left and right of the truck, respectively, were “Rangers fans” and “Islanders fans.” I laughed so hard it was difficult to drive.
    I suppose you could do the same with Packers and Bears here in Wisconsin.

11. gene214 says:

Even funnier than that is when the Islanders decided to change their team logo. They went with a seafaring theme, so they created the image of a fisherman in a hat and slicker. Trouble was, it looked alot like the guy on the Gorton’s fish sticks box. So Ranger fans, never missing an opportunity to humiliate their suburban rivals, would show up at Islanders games and start chanting “WE WANT FISH STICKS!!” “WE WANT FISH STICKS!!” while throwing boxes of Gorton’s onto the ice. Funny shit!! Needless to say, the Islanders went back to their original logo.

12. Thor Heyerdahl says:

I’d still say that Warren Moon is pretty close to the front of the list of the greatest quarterback. And what would have happened if he’d had those 5 years in the NFL that he instead spent wearing Green & Gold in Edmonton/Canada and winning five championships in a row?
    He went undrafted even after being the 1978 Rose Bowl MVP. Fortunately, some believed that a black quarterback could play professional ball.