For Everybody Volunteering or Working for a Campaign Today

Balls to the walls, eh? Anybody fuckin’ tired?!

8 thoughts on “For Everybody Volunteering or Working for a Campaign Today

1. Elspeth R says:

“Mystery, Alaska” – comic hockey movie second only to “Slap Shot”!!!
    A, I KNEW you were ‘teh kewlest!’!!! She shoots, she scores!!!
    Let’s just hope Barack “Hanson” Obama kicks
    Hillary “Ogie Oglethorpe” Clinton’s ass!!!
    Crack Van, tonight!!! 🙂
    Elspeth
    “You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes, by yourself, you know and you feel shame, you know. And then you get free.”

2. leinie says:

Oh, I LURVES this movie SO MUCH!
    I have this on my iPod. I watch it when I’m bored in waiting rooms!
    Cuz the real St. Crispian’s Day speech from Henry V just doesn’t quite fit, but this one? Perfect.

another movie i gotta rent?

4. Elspeth R says:

Pansypoo – YES! 🙂 (of course, I lurves me some men in hockey gear…something about their flexibility in all of that gear and how flippin’ agile they are…if you have never been to a hockey game, go and go early to watch the pre-game warmup…especially the goalies doing their stretches…can you say “SPLITS!”? mmmm, dayummmm, it’s been too long since I went!) Who says hockey is just a dude’s thing? 😉 LOL!
    W.

5. Elspeth R says:

Elspeth

6. Athenae says:

Elspeth, whenever anybody goes on about women loving sports, I point them to hockey. Hot guys, in outfits, jumping up and down and tackling and hugging and kissing each other … on skates.
    What’s not to love?

7. leinie says:

Exactly. What’s not to love?
    Except Boston College, of course.
    The thing is, hockey on the teevee is ok, but hockey in person? Bliss. No way can teevee capture the energy and the excitement and the grace and the physicality and the poetry and the athleticism.

8. Elspeth R says:

Leinie, you are spot on! 🙂
    And my second fave CSI (las vegas) episode* is the hockey-related one. The best.line.evah-
    Grissom and Sara are watching the Zamboni do its thing…lost in the zen of the moment…:
    Sarah: I love the Zamboni
    Grissom: We all do.
    A – I used to LOVE being in the Booster Club for our then IHL team. The guys were really nice. And as much fantasy material they provided, I knew I wasn’t their demographic date-wise. The arms…the ARMS!!!
    E.
    (total fave CSI ep? The Furries/Plushies one! Paws down! LOL!!!)