It’s getting to be that time of year for kids to start looking at wish books. If they still do that. Hell, I don’t know what kids do. But the point is this–it’s wishing time. And, as adults, we have things to wish for from the next administration. Here are a few of mine (some of which have very low orders of probability, I know):
- End the Iraq War; seriously change our approach to Afghanistan
- Get serious about renewable energy
- Statehood for Puerto Rico and D.C.
- Repeal fuckingPublic Law 62-5, and expand the size of the House of Representatives
- Seriously scale back the DoD’s share of the budget
- Get rid of DOMA, promote marriage equality
- Tax the piss out of churches who stick their noses into politics
- Infrastructure investment
- And, of course, health care for all
This list isn’t exhaustive, of course, but I don’t want to take up the entire front page with a bulleted wish list.
Okay, I do, but Athenae and Scout would beat me. And I’m still healing up after the last one.
What are you wishing for? Let us know in the comments.