Good Monday morning everyone – we’ve get an assload of Freeper insanity to get to, so everyone suit up and follow me. And no smoking in your iso suits, please – if freaks me out a little when we’re in there to turn around and see no face in the helmet behind me. Yeesh!

First up –How can we miss you if you don’t go away??

Gingrich Calls For Inclusive GOP [“I am also happy that Colin Powell is a Republican”]

AP / CBS ^

| 2009-06-09

Posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:46:32 AM byrabscuttle385
Former House Speaker And Potential 2012 GOP Candidate Rallies Party Loyalists At Fundraiser In Washington.

(AP)
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich on Monday urged some 2,000
Republican party loyalists to stand up for GOP principles but to be
inclusive as the party tries to retake the majority.

“I
am happy that Dick Cheney is a Republican,” Gingrich said at the annual
Senate-House fundraising dinner. “I am also happy that Colin Powell is
a Republican.”

Cheney, the former vice president under
President George W. Bush, and Powell, who was Bush’s secretary of
state, have feuded recently over the approach of the party, with Powell
calling for more moderation and Cheney arguing against that.

“A
majority Republican party will have lots of debates within the party,”
Gingrich, the former Georgia congressman, said. “That is the nature of
majority parties.”

Standing in as the party’s de facto
leader, Gingrich was filling a speaking role that Bush held in recent
years and that was initially offered to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the
2008 Republican nominee for vice president, this year. He headlined a
series of speakers who gave the crowd a blistering review of President
Barack Obama and Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill.

Despite the rallying cry, the GOP faithful still weren’t opening their wallets as they have in recent past.
The event took in a relatively small fundraising haul of $14.5 million,
the lowest total in at least five years. Last year, it raised $21.5
million, compared with $15.4 million in 2007 and $27 million in 2006.

To: All
Screw you, Newt.

posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:47:16 AM
byrabscuttle385
(“If this be treason, then make the most of it!” —Patrick Henry)

To: rabscuttle385
Successful parties look for potential converts, unsuccessful parties try to root out heretics.

posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:47:46 AM
bybabble-on

To: babble-on
And REALLY stupid parties root out their base.

posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:48:55 AM
bycripplecreek
(The poor bastards have us surrounded.)

To: rabscuttle385
Newt lost me when he embraced global warming.

posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:48:12 AM
byIkemeister

To: rabscuttle385
“I am also happy that Colin Powell is a Republican.”
Colin Powell will be a Republican when Barack Obama is a honky.

posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:56:22 AM
byNiteranger68
(Have you punished an 0bama supporter today?)

To: Niteranger68
He’s “Halfonky”…

posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:56:48 AM
byMrB
(Go Galt now, save Bowman for later)

(a little later on, we have Freepers whining about people calling them racists – stay tuned!)

To: rabscuttle385
Newt, on this issue you have it WRONG
MOST american are clueless what it really means to be democraps. All
they see are EVIL republicans in every TV show, movie, and newscast
(except FOx)
So they think we are Evil.

You forgot “incompetent”.

If MOST american sheeple knew they truth they would NOT be
democraps.I was a democrap for years only because my parents were
kennedy democrats.
Then I grew up and made a CHOICE to be Republican

posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:50:34 AM
byMr. K
(physically unabel to proofreed (<—oops))

I’m sure your parents are sovery proud of how you turned out.
In spite of all their efforts to make you inclusive, respectful of others, and giving, you became tribal, venal, hackneyed, and greedy.

To: rabscuttle385
Every time this man speaks he does damage to
conservatism and the republican party in general. I watched his remarks
at that love-fest and was embarrassed that he’s affiliated with the
republican party.
I wish Voight (sp) would’ve ended the meeting by calling out the
RINOs that visited the stage,
reminding them that constitutionally
bound government doesn’t do 90% of what Newt was calling for.

posted onTuesday, June 09, 2009 9:53:47 AM
byTheZMan
(“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”)

I can beat that – I wish Powell had been there and Voight (sp) had called him out.
Can you imagine it? A pudgy old white actor calling out a greying black warrior/veteran?
I can – there wouldn’t have been enough of the Midnight Cowboy left to butter your toast with.

Well, more after the jump, chillens…
Jumping in five…four…two..(Three, sir!!)…three…two…one…

2 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession With The Freeperati – Republicans Eating Their Own edition

1. BlakNo1 says:

(Have you punished an 0bama supporter today?)
    Please! I’m begging any republican to try and “punish” me. It’ll be much easier for them to whistle when they’re missing their front teeth.

2. Scott says:

That was the bit that got me, too. All the other stuff washed off, like it always does (there’s nothing more disposable than a freeper’s opinion), but that “Have you punished an 0bama supporter today?” is what stuck with me. How does anyone twist their brain to think that way?