My Washington Post Chat Will Be Next Week

Howie Kurtz, whose entire column is full of dumbassery today:

Delmar, N.Y.: Why is the Post giving a forum to Glenn Beck? I am
certainly against censorship, and Mr. Beck has the First Amendment
right to say anything he wants, but not everyone has the right to have
a platform on The Washington Post and the degree of legitimacy that
such a forum confers. Mr. Beck is not a person to be taken seriously. I
know Mr. Beck has a large audience on his Fox show and has the means to
have his views widely disseminated. Is the Post that desperate to
appease Mr. Beck’s followers? I can understand the Washington Times
doing this but the Post?

Howard Kurtz: Beck is doing a one-hour chat online, as many other folks have done. That hardly constitutes a major platform.

8 thoughts on “My Washington Post Chat Will Be Next Week

1. virgotex says:

last night on Twitter someone RT’d beck whining about Frank Rich trashing him and Bill O’. He then evoked Ghandi and MLK as examples of others who the mainstream had tried to silence.
    I shit you not. Glen Beck and Bill O’Reilly = MLK and Ghandi.

2. Athenae says:

You know, I saw that. And okay, I know I can be a self-involved attention whore, but I do trust that if I were to writ some post declaring that I’m like Jesus, in a way, you all would give me the bitchslapping I deserved. Maybe what Glenn Beck needs is better friends.

3. Aitch says:

Should anyone be surprised that Glenn doesn’t have good friends?

4. That hardly constitutes a major platform.
    Yes, the Washington Post…not a major platform.
    Stop killing journalism, A.

The question to me is how (if they do at all) does the WaPost balance out the folks they sponsor for chats.
    Do the opinions follow the bell curve (more centrists than extremes); emphasize the extremes (extreme conservative such as Beck one hour, extreme liberal the other); emphasize the spread (extreme neocon, extreme libertarian, extreme anarchist, in short, realizing that liberal/conservative is a very rough terminology); or emphasize only one side of the bell curve (Rush one hour, Beck the next, Cheney the next…)
    But if being sponsored for a national event for an hour isn’t a major platform, then the White House can sponsor me for an hour on whitehouse.gov and say it isn’t a major event.

what spork said.
    kurst is JUST AS BAD as glen beck. he also must go.

7. virgotex says:

and then there’s Fox and Friends…

8. Interrobang says:

Glenn Beckis like Jesus.
    They both think they’re God…
    *ba-dump bump*