Oh Jesus God, Shut Up, Lamar

For serious:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) –
A topU.S. Senate Republican invoked the memory of the scandal-marred Nixon administration on Wednesday to urgeU.S. President Barack Obama: “Don’t start an enemies list.”

Senator Lamar Alexander told Reuters he sees the ObamaWhite House
adopting an attitude similar to that of the Richard Nixon White House
four decades ago, that “everybody is against us and we are going to get
them.”

Alexander cited as examples the Obama administration threatening to
strip the insurance industry of its exemption of federal anti-trust
laws, “taking names” of bondholders who opposed the auto bailout, its
reported aim to “neuter theU.S. Chamber of Commerce,” boycottingFox News Network and “calling out” of others who oppose it.

“I’m suggesting to the president that he back up and start over,” said
Alexander, a member of the Senate Republican leadership. “Don’t start
an enemies list.”

I say this as someone who knows well the therapeutic benefit of making a list of everybody who’s fucking with me this week, but seriously, Lamar, there were a million problems with Richard Nixon and ain’t none of them that he made a list. You should know. YOU WORKED FOR THE EVIL LITTLE FUCKER. This is sort of like the guy who runs out to get Satan’s Slurpee telling other people not to consume so much sugar because it makes you twitchy.

In my fantasy world, Obama’s response to all this “enemies list” nonsense is something along the lines of, “Don’t worry about me keeping a list. Worry about keeping yourself OFF IT.”

5 thoughts on “Oh Jesus God, Shut Up, Lamar

1. leinie says:

Yeah, a list, that would be a bad thing.
    Where was Lamar’s concern during the past 8 years? Yeah, crickets. Lamar can fuck right the fuck off.

the amnesia has started quick.

3. wolfetone says:

Uh oh, now Athenae’s pining for the days of LBJ! Isn’t that what Rahm’s for?

4. ...now I try to be amused says:

“Yes, we wouldn’t want a President to be doing things like, hmm, let me think, oh, I know! Firing prosecutors for failing to pursue politically motivated prosecutions. Or, how about outing covert CIA agents as revenge for OP/EDs criticizing lies about reasons to go to war. Think Dan Rather would have any opinions about this topic?”
    So, according to Lamar,
    Calling out your enemies = bad.
    Sticking the shiv in your enemies’ backs = OK.

rahm taint liberal enough.