About Yesterday’s Most Important Story

The Wonkette commenters point out something I hadn’t considered: If Obama was to be photographed in social settings with female aides without his wife present, what would Jake Tapper and all his fellow pundit/reporters say then?

9 thoughts on “About Yesterday’s Most Important Story

1. Adrastos says:

I’m still pinching myself that the beltway boys think there’s *any* story there.

2. Athenae says:

Adrastos, I can see the argument that a golfing, sporting atmosphere could exclude some women. Policy does get made on the course and the court and in areas which are traditionally male even in a time of powerful women.
    But I know more women than men who are sports freaks, so I don’t buy that playing basketball is a de facto fuck you to the chicks. It may be that that’s just what he likes to do, not that you get to just like stuff when you’re the president. What kind of mustard you use on your sandwich is a deeply serious matter.

3. darrelplant says:

What’ll they say now about him only hanging out with guys? Shoot!Swish!

4. Adrastos says:

It’s not as if there’s any real news happening… 😉

5. darrelplant says:

Re: Athenae’s comment on “areas” of male exclusion, there’s a serious take in Vanity Fair from ex-Letterman writer Nell Scovell: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/features/2009/10/david-letterman-200910

I can see it now. Pres Obama spotted at 1601 Pennsylvania Ave without Mrs. Obama in attendance. Obviously, there is something going on.

7. And yet…there was never a rethug pundit who questioned Jimmy Jeff’s midnight visits to the Shrub WH!
    UGH!

8. joejoejoe says:

This stupid story is going to lead to the appointment of Undersecretary of Commerce Lisa Leslie.

what requires werk? OBVIOUSLY illuminating the health reform issue is too hard. obama only playing with boyz? eezy!