Little Liddy The Pimp

I know everyone’s heard the bizarre news that someyoung wingnutsled by James O’Keefe (hereinafter and forever Little Liddy The Pimp) were arrested for trying tomess with Senator Mary Landrieu’s phones at her New Orleans office. The details are vague but it looks like what Tricky Dick’s minions G Gordon and E Howard would surely have called a black bag operation. This one, however made the Watergate bugging look masterful.

Little Liddy The Pimp is, of course, the bozo who punked ACORN by posing as (what else?) a pimp. I’m enjoying his latest predicament and can’t wait to see which one of his confederates rats the others out to avoid jail time. They may have *thought* this was a zany high spirited stunt that would get them on Bill-O’s show but they’re in deep shit with the Feds.

Here’s WWL-TV news in NOLA’s first bite at this juicy apple of a news story:

p align=”center” class=”asset asset-video” style=”margin: 0pt auto; display: block;”>http://www.wwltv.com/v/?i=82708417

UPDATE: I neglected to credit the inspiration for O’Keefe’s new moniker: NOLA blogger, Jeffrey of the Library Chronicles. He used the Little Liddy bit in an email to a listserv we’re both on and I informed him I was swiping it.

22 thoughts on “Little Liddy The Pimp

1. montag says:

With one of that crew related to a Repug US Attorney in Louisiana, any bets on a very quiet plea deal when the shit dies down, in exchange for probation, and the case is sealed?

2. Marc says:

Just to add to the fail, O’Keefe’s “pimp” look was acheap, wannabe imitation.

3. Adrastos says:

I doubt that will happen, Montag. There’s bound to be a plea deal but I think someone’s going to jail. Why? Mary Landrieu has supported the re-appointment of NOLA US Attorney Jim Letten who is a career prosecutor. Letten is apt to take this very seriously. I suspect the kid whose father is the acting USA is the one who might roll.

4. Kevin says:

Please do not say ‘kid.’ These are men in their mid-20s.
    It’s a media meme that’s already started, and it’s ridiculous. There are men and women six years younger than these people who are fighting wars.
    These are not ‘kids’ or ‘boys.’ These are men and should be treated as such.

5. scout says:

Andrew Breitbart is pissed that blogs/media jump to conclusion they were tryin to bug or wiretap the office. I think it will be hard to maintain they didn’t intend to do just that given this part:
    An official close to the investigation said one of the four was arrested with a listening device in a car blocks from the senator’s offices. He spoke on condition of anonymity because that information was not included in official arresting documents.

6. Gozer says:

Aside from leading this little douchefest, O’keefe also tried to get Lucky Charms banned from Rutgers–poking fun at minorities objections to offensive characatures–and distributed sexist pamphlets to a women’s studies class (http://politicolnews.com/the-pimp-of-rutgers-okeefe/).
    Oh, yeah…and there was that affirmative action bake sale (http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/2009/09/videos-right-wing-darling-james-okeefe.html).

7. joejoejoe says:

My guess is these clowns get their balls nailed to the wall by Jim Letten.
    I’m thinking using a disguise to get where you aren’t supposed to be in a federal building is a serious crime even if you want to go eat a cheese sandwich in Mary Landrieu’s office. That’s eating a cheese sandwich. Add in the bugging, the transmitting, the consipracy and you are way beyond prank territory into ‘enjoy doing 20 hard for the conservative movement’ land.

8. liprap says:

Oh, my God. The wraparound shades on that guy are like…well…lipstick on a pig.

9. virgotex says:

of course these upstanding young men were TRYING THEIR BEST to REPAIR the phones for Sen. Landrieu, as a service. Like the Grinch’s explanation when he’s caught by Little Cindy Lou Who-they were there to HELP.

10. montag says:

As I understand it, though, Vitter has a hold on Litten, so Litten won’t have control of the case for a while. So, maybe there’s going to be a little dance going on here, behind the scenes.
    As for calling them punk kids, that’s how they’re behaving–regardless of chronological age. Frat boy assholes are forever thirteen years old, as Junior so ably demonstrated.

11. Michael says:

P Liddy?
    More seriously, thanks for posting the videos. I wonder just who Eddie Castaing is — I assume he’s representing Flanagan…?

12. Adrastos says:

Montag: Vitter supports Letten’s reappointment. The hold is on the guy in the Northern District of Louisiana.
    Letten is very much a professional prosecutor who only became USA because of the implosion of the original GOP choice. Vitter might be a bit less enthusiastic about Letten if he goes hard after these bozos.
    Michael: Eddie is a member of the local bar. Not noted as as winger or anything else.

13. montag says:

Adrastos–my mistake. Thought it was Western District that was in play.
    Still, will be interesting to see disposition on this…

14. jeffrey says:

Yeah I think I like P Liddy even better.

15. hoppy says:

My money is on a plea deal, with a suspended sentence, followed by stardom on FoxNews. They may even manage to be charged as juveniles, based on their obvious mental ages.

16. Michael says:

I’ll try to work on a nice P Liddy graphic when I get home this evening…

17. Adrastos says:

Hoppy: Letten is a real hard ass. If there’s enough evidence he’ll want someone to go to the slammer.

i am glad this is getting press. landrieu still sucks.

19. cosmosis says:

New FOX program to compete with MSNBC’s “Lock Up” : “In the Big House” with Jimmy “Undercovers” O’Keefe

20. Michael says:

OK, so Castaing is representing–for now–everyone except Flanagan, who’s lawyer–also for now–is apparently someone out of Hammond, J. Garrison Jordan.
    Anyone know anything about them?

21. karen marie says:

I know the motivation for this attempted phone tap: Flanagan family unhappy that Landrieu passed over Flanagan senior for USA/west district-Louisiana

22. The Other Sarah says:

Olbermann: lawsuit fees for O’Keefe in the ACORN matter are being paid by James Dobson’s Focus on the Family.
    This is pretty intricate IMHO.