Weekend Question Thread

What is the thing that frustrates you most about yourself?

Me? Procrastination. God, the amount of productive I could be if I didn’t fuck around so much spending twice the amount of time it would take to do the work avoiding the work.

14 thoughts on “Weekend Question Thread

1. snart says:

Reading blogs when I should be working.

2. Dan says:

Priorities. I wish the things that Iknow are most important would more naturally be at the top of my priorities list.

3. Adrastos says:

Your vice/flaw is mine. I shill shally a lot as well as lolligag.

4. Doc says:

The bi-polar swings of self-doubt. Dear God, I wish I weren’t frozen by self-doubt half the time…

5. Dan says:

snart, Adrastos and Athenae, it’s probably best you not clickon this.

6. snart says:

Dan, that’s just silly.

poo, i have genetics of procrastinators and ditherers. luckily i have a little nazi worker bee too.

8. liprap says:

Procrastinatrix in da house!!!! I can delay, delay and delay some more with the best of ’em (and I ain’t talkin’ ’bout Tom DeLay). Only thing that keeps it in check are deadlines and deep-seated guilt instilled in me by many years of Jewish learning. Oy vey iz mir! must prepare for Krewe du Vieux…

9. CybScryb says:

It’s got to be procrastination. Nothing frustrates me more about me than knowing a task could have been completed weeks before, but I’ve been working extra hard on avoiding starting, or finishing a job.
    Perhaps we should start a religion based on procrastination. You know, if you put off dying long enough, you’ll become immortal.

10. MarcD says:

My lack of introspection without prompting by a virtual stranger. And remember, hard work pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now… (I can’t remember what to credit for that, but I saw the quip somewhere).
    Seriously, though, I sometimes wonder if we all suffer from procrastination, or there is just too much shit to do. My company laid off 3,200 people in the U.S. (10.5%), but it isn’t like there are things we don’t do anymore…

11. I was going to comment earlier, but time got away from me.

12. abo gato says:

I get just paralyzed sometimes with procrastination…completely gobsmackededly unable to do something. Usually it is something at work that I just hate to do, so I will work really, really hard to NOT do it up until the very last moment.
    What I end up hating then is that the task or job ends up not being all that bad once it’s over, but jeeze, the getting there is sometimes almost impossible for me.

13. FeralLiberal says:

Indecision. I over-analyze things to a fault.
    Then I procrastinate about what I decided to do…

14. yeah, you got problems says:

My younger brother was telling me of a case of “road rage” in southern California. Somebody took a shot at another driver and I died away laughing, just like you people’s procrastination crap. There are not any points or demerits at the end for not doing things. Flip a coin and follow whatever it tells you, no big thing.
    Road rage is a term for amateurs. Try running a police car off the road at 55 because he/she cut you off. Then return the car to the dealer and tell them it isn’t quite what you are looking for.
    I am clinically insane and incurable. In any country with a decent medical system, I would be locked up. Here, in two hours at a gun show, I can buy anything up to and including a fully automatic weapon with no ID. I can rent a car, take their insurance and return a destroyed vehicle in two days and not even have it recorded on my driving record much less the insurance thieves.
    Right now I am riding some heavy meds, so I’m reasonably chilled, but I just cursed out an immigration official with a loaded gun because I stood out in the sun for half an hour. My escort was popping Valium into me like a machine gun, and I still wanted to go for him. Very quiet in the car for the last hour.