USA Hockey Crack Van Sunday

Tune in around 2 p.m. CST for crackage. Because Doc asked, and hey, we did the Super Bowl.

I watched the USA team wax the Finns todayvia Yahoo Sports’ liveblog. By the second period the US was up 6-0, and the jokes started coming:

“Nokia’s stock is tanking today … go figure.”

“America just announced they’re building a bunch of Wal-Marts all over Finland. No one can stop us now.”

“Is there now a free-throw line in hockey?”

“Does Wal-Mart carry Purina reindeer chow?”

“I feel like I’m watching Bambi’s mother get killed.”

Hockey
is not a red-headed stepchild. Hockey is more like a crazy uncle who
smells bad, but a couple of the cousins like him anyway because he
tells dirty jokes when he’s drunk.”

[Comment From Finlands Defense Finlands Defense:]Hey sorry guys, that bathroom break took a lot longer than expected. I’m ready to go for the 2nd though. What did I miss?

11 thoughts on “USA Hockey Crack Van Sunday

1. Robert Earle says:

I didn’t get to many UW (men’s) hockey games while I was in school, but I was at UW vs U of Windsor. Yesterday’s first period reminded me of it a little.
    “Five – Ten – Fifteen – Twenty…We Want More!”
    (Yes the final that night was 20 to 0.)

2. virgotex says:

can I come in if I promise not to ask stupid questions? I’ll bring virtual five layer dip

defeat the world!

4. Athenae says:

Virgo, you are welcome in any van on the planet.
    I wish I could be there. I’m gonna be on the road. Maybe I’ll pull over, find a sports bar.

5. I can’t be there, I’ll be at the cake competition as they announce the winners…hopefully, I’ll be “in that number!” 🙂 Despite the cake-tastrophe yesterday (cake fell apart in the car on way to Austin) I recovered and had a hella submission! 🙂
    And I LOVE hockey! Just thinking of the goalies stretching…sigh…
    😉

6. Athenae says:

Good luck, Elspeth! Tell us how it works out!

7. Adrastos says:

Do I haveta watch the hockey game to join in? I’ll be working and I probably wouldn’t watch the game if I weren’t. But I have ice people jokes aplenty…

8. leinie says:

A you won’t be there? Bummer.

9. joejoejoe says:

Here’s a good article on the last time USA played Canada for the gold medal in the Olympics, 1960 Squaw Valley . The last player cut from that US squad? Kurt Russell!

10. Robert Earle says:

“The last player cut from that US squad? Kurt Russell!”
    Well, you could hardly expect them to keep a nine-year-old, no matter how good he was.
    You mean Herb Brooks.