Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Chock Full ‘O Nuts Edition

Good Monday morning, everyone! Well, the rich get richer, and the crazies get crazier.

It’s as if the Freepers smell electoral victory in the all, but every time they snap their muzzles at it they come up with nothing but air, and it’s making them crazier than usual.

Let’s spin that airlock door and go in with instruments designed to measure the crazy-to-oxygen ratio, shall we?Sorry about the heavy typeface, but Typepad just screwed my entire post and I don’t have time to fix the whole thing.

First up –When GLEN BECK thinks you’re crazy…‏

blockquote>

Did Beck
jump the shark today?

just making an observation
| Feb 19, 2010
| perchant

Posted onFriday, February 19, 2010
1:19:58 AM
byPerchant

Why did Beck say that “birthers” are as dangerous as Timothy McVeigh
and that only Democrats and Republican are normal but those who aren’t
associating themselves with Democrats and Republicans are dangerous? Up
until today, he was portraying himself as someone that thought those
people were the problem.

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 1:19:58 AM

byPerchant

div class=”a2″>To: Perchant

Beck is right. The Birther crowd needs to shut down and shut up.

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 1:27:36 AM

byOnerom99
(I)

To: Onerom99
Beck is right. The Birther crowd needs to shut down and shut up.

Your authority for this demand comes, of course, from your government
position as… anything from dogcatcher to Supreme Court Justice… for
which you had to produce a birth certificate…

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 1:29:53 AM

byTalisker
(When you find a turtle on top of a fence post, you can be damn sure it
didn’t get there on it’s own.)

Now boys – no need for the harsh words. I know how you can settle this.

DuelingPistols02

To: Talisker

You may be right. But you are fighting a battle that can easily
be hung up in court for several years past an Obama prsidency.

This is a waste of resources and waste of time.

Not to mention hilarious…

The best you can do is get some state legislators to pass something
that requires vault certification to be shown for the 2012 race.

outside of that, you are all wasting your lives on this.

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 1:33:20 AM

byOnerom99
(I)

blockquote>

To: Onerom99

>>> you are all wasting your lives on this.

If something as simple in the constitution as POTUS eligibility
cannot be enforced, then NONE of it can be.

Wasting lives??? Tell that to all the people who gave up theirs
defending that little piece of paper.

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 1:39:30 AM

bySafrguns

/div>

And, since it’s never too early in the morning for a conspiracy theory :

To: Perchant

Didn’t I hear that a Saudi prince now owns a percentage of
NewsCorp and all staff have been told to paint the birthers as kooks or
worse?

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 1:41:46 AM

by2ndDivisionVet
(I will raise $2 million for Sarah Palin: What will you do?)

/div>

“I’m telling on you!

BIG JIM!! This traitor’s calling us crazies!!”

To: Onerom99;Jim Robinson
“Beck is right. The Birther crowd needs to shut down and shut
up.”

That’s like saying the Constitution should be “shut down”.
Cowardly traitors to our Constitution like yourself
are the ones that
should be “shut down”, at least on Freerepublic. What say you Mr.
Robinson?

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 4:37:51 AM

byGodebert

Yeah – what say you, Mr. Robinson? Coo coo ca choo?

Crickets

To: mojitojoe

Beck has changed—I don’t know why but he seems to have pulled his
punches and is now attacking Sarah Palin and others. Did someone
blackmail him? Has he gone back to drinking? This move to shut down 3rd
Parties seems a bit unconstitutional. Being off the wall was his way of
making a point—now he just seems to be interested in selling his books
and tours. I want the old Beck back. He wasn’t afraid to call a
communist, a communist.

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 6:59:04 AM

byForward the Light Brigade
(Into the Jaws of H*ll)

/div>

div class=”a2″>To: Onerom99

“I agree with him on both Palin and the Birther movement. So I
guess thats why I enjoy him so much.”

Maybe you are just a stupid teen-ager with ADD and that is why you
enjoy him so much.

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 8:18:03 AM

byantisocial
(Texas SCV – Deo Vindice)

div class=”a2″>To: indylindy

Unless I missed it, I think they cut out a whole segment and just
ran more commercials. Did they show the segment where he was at the
blackboard with his pictures where he lumped Alan Keyes in with Timothy
McVeigh?

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 10:29:00 AM

byPerchant

div class=”a2″>To: Perchant

That part at the beginning when he was on at 5PM was bizarro.

He was just sticking faces frantically on the board. Truth is, I
don’t think he knew what he was talking about at that time.

I hope they got rid of that. Geesh that was awful and I muted him.

posted onFriday, February 19, 2010 10:32:08 AM

byindylindy

The corollary to “When Glenn Beck thinks you’re too crazy” is “When Freepers think Glenn Beck is too crazy”.

More unadulterated insanity after the mighty leap.

6 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Chock Full ‘O Nuts Edition

1. “Forward the Light Brigade”
    Is this gentleman aware of what happened to the Light Brigade?

2. Scott says:

The Light Brigade got slaughtered, then used as martyrs to promote every warmongering scheme for centuries. Sure, he knows. It’s not like he’s volunteering to serve — he just wants someone else to get martyred for his amusement…

1) “as someone that thought those people were the problem.”
    THOSE PEOPLE?
    Are we being snubbed for membership in your hoity-toity country club?
    2) A simple booklet? Somehow I just can’t believe that with all the stupid in the air, that a simple book is gonna have any effect.
    3) Hey, easy on the Can-o-Crickets. My Lizards love ’em.

4. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Let’s spin that airlock door and go in with instruments designed to measure the crazy-to-oxygen ratio, shall we? [Tommy T]

I find it much easier to measure the oxygen-to-crazy ratio. All you need is a tire gauge stuck on zero.

[lengthy excerpt from ParadisePost discussion of the DKos/R2K poll of the crazies] I searched and searched and couldn’t find the craziness or the bad news in those poll numbers. Why don’t you give it a try? [February 18, 2010 7:02:35 PM by 2ndDivisionVet]

And therein lies the problem. They just don’t see it. Itshould be bad news when even Glenn Beck thinks you’re a whack job. But the Freepi take the poll as affirmation. They think Glenn Beck is a whack job for not being as whacko as they are. Of course it should be bad news for me that I find myself agreeing with Glenn Beck on anything, and now the Freepi are agreeing with me that he’s whacko. I’m starting to worry that I’ve been here too long.
    –Kibitzer

5. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Uh oh… Charles Johnson over atlittlegreenfootballs.com has the same worries I do:

This is one of those Bizarro days, because I actually find myself agreeing with Glenn Beck. Geert Wilders is a far right ideologue, and the European far right does often equal fascism. How the heck did Beck ever get this one right?

Could this be one of those weird psychic convergences where everyone is in agreement, but has no concept of what they are agreeing about? OK, Charles sorts it out for us:

Of course, he also confuses Dominique de Villepin (a leftist-centist [sic] by US standards) with Jean-Marie Le Pen (a far right Holocaust denier by anyone’s standards), so it could have been a shot in the dark.

–Kibitzer

6. Tommy T says:

” I’m starting to worry that I’ve been here too long.”
    –Kibitzer
    That thought hits me from time to time, but as long as they keep knifing themselves over ideological purity and who’s the REAL conservative (see the Palin threads), I can hang.
    Tommy