Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Palin Drone Edition

Good morning, all – it’s been a quiet week in Freeperville, and I thought I would have to do another Putrid Potpourri Edition, when suddenly, a gift from the gods whistled out of the sky and fell into my pond with the resounding smack of a dozen King Logs.

Suit up, and we’ll find out what the hubbub is all about!

It’sThe Great White Mope!

Sarah Palin, could she be …
Nolan Chart ^ | February 15, 2012 | Mark Vogel

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:39:38 PM by2ndDivisionVet

If Sarah is flirting, I was seduced a long time ago! For everyone who doesn’t want Romney, this is huge!

A huge horselaugh, maybe.

It’s only in the modern era that Presidential nominations have been locked up before most American voters even tuned in.

You need a helmet with a flashing red light and “Hopelessly out of touch” stenciled on it. Most “conservatives” only want to go back to 1956 or so. These yahoos want to go all the way back to 1948 and Thomas Dewey. How did that work out for you guys, by the way?

So this year, for the nation, the Republican Primary is kind of a return to older times, when all Americans counted, not just the few power brokers. The race has been a very rich blue blood from New England ( where he would not carry one state in the general election ) and a group of three, Newt, Rick and Ron scrambling for the 60 plus percent of Republicans who won’t be bought!

If that means 60% of GOPers who won’t be voting, I can live with that.

And now, a new card is thrown into the game,

PalinPlayingCard

Sarah Palin coming off the bench to be the choice at a divided GOP Convention! And with just a hint, she will stir the pot and drive the media nuts! Hurrah for Sarah.

In one of my most recent columns I told you about a conversation I had with a friend who had attended CPAC. He told me that Sarah had been the closing speaker, and the best. And he said, she had indicated she was not out of the game, and he even predictedshe would be the horse to mount for the General election race.

Wow.

That’s the only verb that describes this possiblity. Did the Governor from Alaska out fox the pundits, the consultants, and the power elite in the GOP to dance right around all the murderous press that she would have had to endure?

Because she certainly won’t have to deal with any press should she snag the nomination. Uh huh.

Looks like this lady is not someone to play with.

I have been a Palin supporter from the beginning. For me, she was the choice by lengths. None of the rest of the candidates have her charisma, her grit, her unique character. For America, in this time of crisis and cross roads, there is only one person who can truly change the course of the ship of state! And that’s Sarah.

So is this for real?

OhPleasePleasePlease

We can’t know. She did not hint towards jumping in now. She hinted that she could be the one to pick in a brokered convention.

But this does provide a ray of hope. It provides one more reason NOT to vote for Romney. But it also provides a reason to go to the polls and vote for anybody other than Romney.

These bozos are actually “Operation Chaos”ingthemselves. God can’t love me this much.

It does provide a real reason to be involved. For the grass roots, make your choice from Newt, Rick or Ron but do it and be there on Primary Day. Don’t let Romney buy you, or win because of apathy.

America does not have one flat tire. We have four flat tires, a blown engine, no battery, and a leaky gas tank where fuel is running …and may ignite if it hits something electric or hot.

Ignite, sweet prince!

We need someone with a renewed vision of the old America. Yes, the old America. The one that put a man on the moon. The one that on Decemeber 25, 1991 won the half century Cold War liberating 500 million souls in 13 nations! We need the old America that when I was born was unquestionably the wealthiest, most powerful, most successful nation in the entire world. And we need someone who knows why all that happened.

Huge revenues from a top marginal tax rate of 90%?

Sarah proved in Alaska she could be an executive. She went against corruption in her own party…and beat the oil companies at the same time! In her third year as governor her approval ratings in Alaska were over eighty percent!!!! 80 percent!

You’re kinda glossing over what they were after that (and now), aren’t you?

So… we wait. But now, on the horizon, we see a light. So GOP grass roots, get to the polls, and pick anyone but Mitt!!!

1 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:39:46 PM by2ndDivisionVet
HappyDance

To: 2ndDivisionVet

*Facepalm*

2 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:42:23 PM bythoolou (“I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous.” – David Bradley, inventor of Ctrl-Alt-Del)
Commie.

To: 2ndDivisionVet
First, I seriously doubt she would take nomination. Second, if by some very huge fluke she was nominated over her objection, I more seriously doubt that she could beat Obama.

I love her zeal, and would celebrate her as president – but, we Palin lovers are but a tiny piece of this nations citizenship.

9 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:48:59 PM byRon C.
BanHimPalin

To: 2ndDivisionVet

No, not likely.

You just cannot decide at a moment’s notice decide to run for president, especially after publicly denying she would. If she decided tomorrow to do it, she would not find enough support to accomplish this.

She is either better off to stay at Fox news and give the occasional statement of conservatives ideals or run for the House or Senate.

I hear there’s a position open at MSNBC.

That has always been my position about her.

10 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:49:17 PM byJonty30 (What Islam and secularism have in common is that they are both death cults.)
To: 2ndDivisionVet

Amazing she had no time for CPAC the last four years that they’ve asked her and now she does…she’s trying to play kingmaker.

There was a movie out a few years ago with Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves called the the Devil’s Advocate where Al Pacino who plays the devil says at the end “Vanity my favorite sin of all.” That’s Sarah she can’t live without the spotlight.

15 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:57:54 PM byLeclair10
Well, this is discouraging.
Have the Freeperati finally wised up? Have they, at long last, learned to detect when they’re being played?
Nah.

To: Leclair10

Actually during her 20 year in politics, Governor Palin earned her reputation as being a strong leader, a reformer, someone who can take on the establishment and beat them.

That, or a quitter. It was one of those two things.

Since Palin came on the national scene 3 1/2 years ago, she has helpedconservativesher bank account make historical gains.

FIFY.

Palin is currently playing an important role in the effort to defeat Mitt Romney.

By endorsing Sharron Angle and Christine O’Donnell.

21 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:06:44 PM byansel12 (Romney is unquestionably the weakest party front-runner in contemporary political history.)
To: 2ndDivisionVet

Dang man, this lady’s playing with me. We had a name for girls like that in high school.

Hmmm. Just did a Google Image search on the words “prick tease” and there were 5 pics of Grifterella on the first two pages. Try it yourself.

Problem is, I keep falling for her. She’s still got me hooked and knows it. Why doesn’t she just play nice, quit teasing me (us), and jump in?

27 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:18:04 PM byPapaNew
To: ansel12

Why did she show up at CPAC this year and not the last three despite being asked repeatedly? She thought she was to big for CPAC till the last year she saw her star fading she can’t live without that once you get that taste of power you do anything to keep it.

26 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:17:41 PM byLeclair10
PalinMeMeMe

To: onyx

If there is any reality to this, the convention will be a blood-fest worse than ‘64 ‘76 or ‘80.

35 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:29:44 PM byeditor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax – No Way!)
Hell – why wait for the convention?
It’s not entertaining enough that Jim Rob jumped the gun endorsing Newtie, and that the resulting Newt/Santorum factional wars have torn Freeperville up the middle – now we have this??
Internecine wars continue after the convenient “Contnue reading” link thingy.

Episode IV – A New Dope!

To: Jonty30

I can’t remember any time that your position on anything has been relevent.

41 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:38:46 PM byeditor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax – No Way!)
To: editor-surveyor

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong and will admit it, bur if you ask Ansel12, she’ll have to witness I predicted 6 months before she confirmed her non-participation in running for the Republican nomination, when she was doing her bus tour and all the Palinites were all a twitter, that she wasn’t going to run.

Now, as far as relevancy goes and with all due respect, I don’t recall your name ever posting on the boards before.

46 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:45:56 PM byJonty30 (What Islam and secularism have in common is that they are both death cults.)
To: Cicero
Cicero?
What’s with the wingnuts penchant for assigning themselves Greek Philosophers’ names as handles?

>> “Jeb Bush has been mentioned. But can they pull that off?” <<

It would be the end of the GOP.

51 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:50:53 PM byeditor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax – No Way!)
Bush-worship still seems to be in serious decline here, no?

To: Poincare
Sorry, but 2016 will be too late if Obama wins a 2nd term.

Take a look at what Obama’s done in just three short years.

Let’s do that.

Obama3yearsOnTheJob

I’m afraid Sarah missed her opportunity. I respect her choice not to run…but she missed her opportunity. The country needed her, and she said no.

I await mycastigation castration.

79 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:17:44 PM byArtcore
FIFY.

To: MissH

“One can only hope!”
__________________

To say I was disappointed when she decided not to run would be a big understatement. I gave to Sarah PAC,

Dumbass2

defended her in public, and was committed to voting for her in the primary and general elections. But after all that hope, she said no.

I refuse let myself get all worked up again hoping that she’ll run. She seems to think that she can make just as big an impact as a private citizen. And while I know this goes against FreeRepublic conventional wisdowm, I don’t think Sarah has the same impact now that she’s no longer a GOP presidentil hopful. If you doubt me, just ask why the Left hasn’t been going after like they did when they thought she might run.

Sorry, but I no longer have the energy to “hope” she decides to run. I take her “no” as “no.”

87 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:31:05 PM byArtcore
Don’t you know that when a woman says No, to a “conservative” it really means Yes?

To: 2ndDivisionVet
RE :”Comments???

A sucker is born every minute …and she lures them out in the open…

103 posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:55:09 PM bysickoflibs (You MUST support the lesser of two RINOs or we all die!)
To:Cicero Adorabelle Marcellus Titus Flavius Vespasianus Idioticus

Neither Mitt nor Rick meet the natural born citizen requirement.

Damn.

Just – damn.

That leaves Newt and Ron who together won’t have enough delegates. Can anyone see Mitt or Rick giving their delegates to Newt or Ron?

This amounts to a very open door, a door big enough for the Tea Party while carrying Palin on our shoulders.

Unfortunately for you, that door leads to an oubliette.

Please GOD let this happen.

151 posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:01:02 AM byW. W. SMITH (Obama is Romney lite)
Seconded.

To: Poincare

There wont be an America in 2016 if Obama is reelected,period.
I hope she Gets in we need to Rock this Country, throw some Cold water in the Face of the Zombies.

156 posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:58:33 AM byballplayer
That, and Random capitalization Of words.

To: Dustoff45

Or…or…she is just doing exactly what the establishment wants – and is “bringing the others along”

“woo him to the conservative side” – so the door is now open for Romeny to be a conservative? Is that the new plan?

As long as Sarah says he is…right?

157 posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:03:10 AM by2ndamendmentpa
DangerClose

To: Brad’s Gramma
RE :”Which of Sarah’s policies do you disagree with?

Policies??? As a FNC political commentator? They pay her for policies?
You must have her confused with someone running for POTUS.

Oh, yes, I can see how that can happen.

palin I can win

160 posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:08:52 AM bysickoflibs (You MUST support the lesser of two RINOs or we all die!)
To: glock rocks

Bull! I watched this same little ping list group that are currently in this thread; bash Perry and Bachmann and turn a conservative site into a bunch of petty bullies.And now because they are not happy with Santorum they are on a war path to ping the boss and ban people for whatever reason they make up as they go along.Just like they did when they spoke for Palin.Notice none of them address the threads issue that Palin is not running.Or post facts supporting that she could?

170 posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:35:39 AM byDubya-M-DeesWent2SyriaStupid!
To: Dubya-M-DeesWent2SyriaStupid!

In “Tale of Two Cities,” Madame Defarge, one of the most famous vindictive characters in literature, eventually was killed by her own gun.

172 posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:35:35 AM byding_dong_daddy_from_dumas (Fool me once, shame on you — twice, shame on me — 100 times, it’s U. S. immigration policy.)
Popcorn

To: editor-surveyor

Foolish? Based on what? Look, personally I like the lady. She is the only thing that masked the stench of voting for McCain last election. But: She.Can’t.Beat.Obama. And frankly, the idolization of her by some FReepers reminds me of Obots. IF she gets into the race, I will certainty vote for her, butthe constant “She’s our only hope” meme grows tiresome.

196 posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:04:11 PM bythoolou (“I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous.” – David Bradley, inventor of Ctrl-Alt-Del)
PalinLeia
“Help me, Obi-Wan Santorum – I’m your only hope!”

Comment #183 Removed by Moderator

Comment #184 Removed by Moderator
To: onyx

Whad I miss?

202 posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:00:20 PM byNorm Lenhart (Normie: Wandering Druid, Cult of Palin)
Not much.
OK – what else we got here?
Ah –Komen-a My House!

Komen apologizes for ‘recent decisions,’ pledges to continue funding Planned Parenthood
Dallas Morning News ^ | 2/3/2012 | Tom Benning

Posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 10:33:19 AM byalancarp

Komen for the Cure just released the following statement from Nancy Brinker and the Susan G. Komen Board of Directors:

We want to apologize to the American public for recent decisions that cast doubt upon our commitment to our mission of saving women’s lives.

The events of this week have been deeply unsettling for our supporters, partners and friends and all of us at Susan G. Komen. We have been distressed at the presumption that the changes made to our funding criteria were done for political reasons or to specifically penalize Planned Parenthood. They were not.

Our original desire was to fulfill our fiduciary duty to our donors by not funding grant applications made by organizations under investigation. We will amend the criteria to make clear that disqualifying investigations must be criminal and conclusive in nature and not political. That is what is right and fair.

Our only goal for our granting process is to support women and families in the fight against breast cancer. Amending our criteria will ensure that politics has no place in our grant process. We will continue to fund existing grants, including those of Planned Parenthood, and preserve their eligibility to apply for future grants, while maintaining the ability of our affiliates to make funding decisions that meet the needs of their communities.

1 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 10:33:25 AM byalancarp

Impotence
Impotence4
Impotence5

To: alancarp
Must be the ex-employee (gal named Williams) who got this cr*p
Apparently, on Free Republic, the “c-word” is “crop”.

going has some dirt on the founder and the other officers.

Wonder what that is?

No doubt it involves stealing ~ and PP understood both how naive that target was and how everybody over there must have been digging deep into the trough of contributions.

No doubt they should be investigated by the state attorney general wherever they are incorporated.

3 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 10:36:58 AM bymuawiyah
No doubt you’re talking out of your ass.

To: alancarp

This is why I urged people who started to give them money the last few days to not do it.

ThatShipHasSailed

Don’t trust them.

BTW this is a nice preview of exactly what will happen with Romney on this issue too.

8 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 10:42:24 AM byTruthsearcher
To: CatherineofAragon

Too late, Komen. You’ve got that stink ‘ya now.

9 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 10:42:48 AM byLibsRJerks
Lie down with Freepers – get up with that stink.

To: LibsRJerks

I feel sorry for all those that gave over the last two days.

KomenFree Republic will die on the vine over the next 2 or three years. They will be a shell of their former selves. Thisreversalelection will kill them.

12 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 10:48:10 AM bySpringtoLiberty (Liberty is on the march!)
FIFY.

To: alancarp
KOMEN CAVES

Sure, like Coca-Cola caved when New Coke bombed.

In other words, many of us think this was their plan all along. Get the faithful on each side to pour gobs of money into these organizations for a few days. Then, put things back the way they were while laughing all the way to the bank.

I always wondered if this Komen gang might be just another bunch ofmilitant leftist baby-killing feminazi b*tches.

You forgot “Islamist commie”.

Now we know.

24 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 11:10:33 AM bynewgeezer (It is [the people’s] right and duty to be at all times armed. –Thomas Jefferson)
To: Rutles4Ever

This definitely goes down in marketing history as an EPIC PR FAIL.

27 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 11:12:11 AM byTSgt (Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.)
And letting your policy be set by right-wing nutcases? What else could that be but:
FailTarget

To: CatherineofAragon

Ah, maybe that’s why the ribbon is pink, huh? The red blood on white hands mixes to make pink.

31 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 11:20:35 AM bybutterdezillion

YES! THAT’SEXACTLY WHY THE RIBBON IS PINK!

CURSES! YOU FOUND US OUT!!!

To: alancarp
I;ve donated to the Komen fund, substantially, for the past three years and that will now come to a screeching halt…just because they caved. I, in a way, feel bad because they do good work for cancer patients.
41 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 11:31:20 AM byBushbacker1
To: alancarp
Childlessness CONTRIBUTES to breast cancer!!!
Fortunately, the GOP is fighting back with their“Impregnate All The Sluts” initiative.

What are these idiots thinking?

43 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 11:33:17 AM byCarry_Okie (The RNC would prefer Obama to a conservative nominee.)
That’s it’s sudden death to be associated with idiots like you?

To: Biggirl

FYI. I avoid the American Cancer Society because it supports the destruction of human embryos for research.

Right! They should be dumped down a garbage disposal instead.

But we’ll say a prayer before turning on the water and hitting the switch, so it’s all right.

ACS also refuses to discuss oral contraceptives as carcinogens or the link between breast cancer & abortion.

In my opinion, they’re just as evil.

52 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 11:43:48 AM bysurroundedbyblue (Live the message of Fatima – pray & do penance!)
To: alancarp

Sure glad I held off on donating. No donations to fight breast cancer. Ever.

57 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 11:52:23 AM bymadison10
Because breast cancer is good for ya! Makes ya all tough and shit.

To: UCANSEE2

54+ Million in the USA alone since Roe v Wade! GENOCIDE BY ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT! Time for Christians to wake up, and start spreading the TRUTH, and go back to the Bible’s teaching about killing.Maybe we ought to take heed of the book of Jeremiah better.

4Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

To: alancarp

You know, I bet if that Keystone Pipeline transported aborted babies instead oil, I’ll be the liberals would have approved it.

83 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 12:30:54 PM byMNDude
Now, why didn’tI think of that???
Get me Soros on the phone, stat!

To: WhistlingPastTheGraveyard

Yeah they are toast. Especially in the south, or as I like to call it, the real america.

98 posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 1:04:13 PM bySpringtoLiberty (Liberty is on the march!)
Can’t add much tothat.
See you good people next Monday…

Like this:

Like Loading...
Tagged , , , , ,

7 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Palin Drone Edition

1. Archy says:

“…this goes against FreeRepublic conventional wisdowm”
    I know, it’s just a small typo. But it’s true no matter how you spell it — there ain’t any such thing!

2. Razor Eddie says:

“Especially in the south, or as I like to call it, the real america.”
    Wow, just… wow. Amazing how “The Real America (TM)” seems to mean “Those people who agree with me on everything.”

3. David Terrenoire says:

Real Americans. That’s when the GOP lost me forever, when Rich Bond, the head of the party in ’92 looked out over the rightwing in their elephant hats and Bush buttons and proclaimed them the Real Americans. Unlike more leftward people like me, a veteran. Fuck each and every one of them, but with special vigor those chickenhawks who let other mothers’ sons take their place on the line only to look down their noses at those of us didn’t have the connections, or the stomach, to get five deferments or find ourselves on a religious mission to France.

4. goalkeeper says:

“Especially in the south, or as I like to call it, the real america.”
    The only place to have committed large scale treason, held human beings as slaves and rigged the systems to favor the minotiry over the majority.
    The only are to have the federal government enforce laws that would let children into public schools.

mounting a horse????
    Plus, I just love it when the extreme rhetoric of the right boomerangs back on themselves. As in Romney and Santorum aren’t native born !!!

6. MaryRC says:

mounting a horse????
    Freudian slip?

7. Jay in Oregon says:

Tommy,
    The “Happy Dance” lolcat pic did, in fact, make me laugh out loud. SO stealing that.