Weekend Question Thread

If you could make a movie about anything, what would it be about?

I would have saidTHIS, but George Clooney’s already on it.

11 thoughts on “Weekend Question Thread

1. Doc says:

It’s self-serving, self-aggrandizing and every other “self” thing I can imagine, but I ALWAYS wanted to see a movie about The Shutdown at the Cardinal. I see the scene in my mind’s eye over and over again that you wrote about figuring out how at the last minute as the paper was about to die, the question, “Thought process. Do we need 30 days or do we need a month?” saved the day.
    I can even hear the music in the background.
    Someone get on this.

2. MichaelF says:

Would love to see something using A Distant Mirror by Barbara Tuchman as a major source.

3. montag says:

I doubt that a 2-hr format would be possible, but a 12- to 15-part series onGravity’s Rainbow would be my cup of tea.
    Would be horrendously expensive and great fun.

4. RAM says:

The War of 1812. Pretty interesting, especially for Midwesterners and New Englanders, but virtually unknown to almost everyone.

5. Brooklyn Girl says:

The Pentagon Papers

wall street + the evil it creates.

7. David Terrenoire says:

Our role in Latin America. A documentary, of course. Reminder: Full Frame, the Documentary Film Festival, is this April. Great films and you get to buy the film makers drinks at the bar. One year I ate lunch with Oscar-winner Barbara Kopple and didn’t know it. She was delightful.

8. Jay in Oregon says:

They’re making a movie of The Monuments Men? Wow, I need to finish that book.

9. joejoejoe says:

I’d like to see Prof. Harry Frankfurt’s ‘On Bullshit’ made into a feature length documentary.

10. quixote says:

The Toynbee Convector. For real.

11. Clieldonemn says:

Ebenso erkennt man erste Geistiger Verfall Symptome ebenso wie kann man darauf funktionsunfähig eine Krankheitserkennung schnappen.
    <a href=Demenz”>http://demenz-symptome.store51.de/>Demenz Symptome