Weekend Question Thread

What’s on your living room windowsill?

I’ve got a carved wooden lizard Mr. A adopted from a craft market in the Bahamas last spring. The lizard’s name is Pablo.

10 thoughts on “Weekend Question Thread

1. Hobbes says:

At this point? Dust and sunshine. Up until recently there were power tools from a bookshelf Jude stopped building about eight months ago, though.

2. mellowjohn says:

right now, a cat.

3. m says:

Don’t have a window sill. I have a floor to ceiling bow window about 7′ high by 10′ across. I guess you can call the floor part a “sill”, and in that case I have a split leaf philodendron in the middle. Hanging from chains on either side are spider plants, and in the middle of the bow I have a stained glass replica of Frank Lloyd Wright’s “Tree of Life” motif that I bought at an art fair about 10 years ago.

4. muddy says:

Nothing, the cats don’t permit it. On any windowsill.

5. MichaelF says:

Two recessed windows in the living room. On one is an old toaster oven that’s transitioning from appliance to garbage (not quite there yet). On the other is a wooden TV dinner tray that holds the iPod and DVD player.
    In my dreams both will be fronted by shelves, hopefully holding a mix of plants and knick-knacks…but I think I’ll have to practice and get some additional skill before trying something like that.

6. 3-mos-old dried cat vomit, pretty sure.

7. Diana says:

pillows for my cat, sometimes the cat himself.

8. joel hanes says:

one dessicated wasp, two moths ditto, dust, cat footprints, a bit of hardened masking tape that once helped keep Christmas lighting in place

9. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

Decrepit, cracking paint, dust dating back to the Devonian era and of course – cat hair…not my thing – my sweetie didn’t realize that dusting is a good thing before I got there. 😉

10. Mattie says:

A sign that says “Dear Santa – I can explain” It was a Christmas gift to my daughter and she refuses to let us put it away in the Christmas stuff.