Weekend Question Thread

Out this weekend working, but I wanted to ask in light of that meme going around The Internet's Gaping Butthole asking which of several dead musicians you would resurrect: If you could bring one historical personage back to life, who would it be?

I would like to have some words with several of the Founding Fathers regarding the conduct of their fan club of late, so probably one of those fellows.

7 thoughts on “Weekend Question Thread

1. montag says:

Maybe it’s an indication of my cynicism, but, while I have a long list of targets of opportunity, I can’t see any point in going through the trouble of resurrecting someone if they’re not going to tell me the truth.
    History is a long chain of incomplete stories because people have always been bloody fucking liars, fabricators and frauds. For a lot of figures in history, even being returned from the dead wouldn’t change their lack of veracity one bit. Might as well leave `em in the ground (e.g., Richard Nixon).

2. MichaelF says:

Hard to pick just one … but let’s go with Ben Franklin, just so I could bring him to some teahadist gathering and have him tell his impersonators they know nothing about him…sort of like how Marshall McLuhan did here
    I also read somewhere recently that Franklin said something about wishing he could check in on the future, so it’d presumably be easy to get him…

3. joel hanes says:

RFK
    A better candidate than Secretary Clinton,
    and a member of the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party.

4. Snarki, child of Loki says:

William Techumseh Sherman.
    Got a job for him, too.

robert johnson or freddie mercury i think. tho, if we could do bach….

6. BlackSheep1 says:

Jack Kennedy so we could make it to Mars by the end of the ‘teens.
    For serious, that man put challenges in front of the USA — and it won them.

7. Tommy T says:

Snarki made me giggle.
    I’d like to add Edward Murrow to the list, please.
    Tommy