Happy Democrat Photo: WEBB! Edition

Oh hell yeah:

“How’s your boy?” Bush asked, referring to Webb’s son, a Marine serving in Iraq.

“I’d like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President,” Webb responded, echoing a campaign theme.

“That’s not what I asked you,” Bush said. “How’s your boy?”

“That’s between me and my boy, Mr. President,” Webb said coldly, ending the conversation on the State Floor of the East Wing of the White House.

That’s how we do things downtown.

12 thoughts on “Happy Democrat Photo: WEBB! Edition

1. squirm says:

from The Hill, via talkingpointsmemo.com (http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/011314.php):
    Webb confessed that he was so angered by this that he was tempted to slug the commander-in-chief, reported the source, but of course didn’t. It’s safe to say, however, that Bush and Webb won’t be taking any overseas trips together anytime soon.

2. janeboatler says:

Oooh, what big ones. And ain’t he cute? I think I’m in love again.

3. spocko says:

But, but you have to respect the OFFICE of the president!!!
    (Not that HE has or anything)
    A REAL president would have said, ‘Let’s take this outside!” That the President we all want to have a non-alcoholic beer with. ‘The myth of the tough talking man’s man. Who is this pissy little man in the President’s chair? He IS the president? Really? How sad
    Hey I got four 3’s in my Security Code. Who wants to play Security Code poker. I’ll bet 200 quatloos..

4. mdhatter says:

Those moonbats, just so uncivil.
    Colbert was sharper, but I wonder if the president maybe actually heard Webb.

well, georgie isn’t gonna invite HIM for tea.

6. WitchWay11 says:

Awesome. But to no surprise, this exchange isn’t the focus of the article. It’s used as a jumping off point to “expose” him as something of a “rogue agent” – a possible liability for the Democratic Party. I say hell yeah, so what. Pelosi can pretend to play nice with the Lameass Quacker but it’s nice to see someone standing up and effectively saying “Hey, you know what? You’re a stupid tool and I’m not kissing your ass – your head’s too far up in it anyway.” What the hell was Bush thinking to ask him that anyhow? What an asshat – how the hell did he think Webb would respond?
    P.S. Spocko – I have a pair of 8’s, possible inside straight. Go fish.

7. Anonymous says:

Shrub was looking for a nice little quote from the former Reaganite, something like, “Well, my son is doing hunky-dory, thanks for asking!” in support of his War of Terror.
    What a pathetic little man.

8. Anonymous says:

“That’s not what I asked you,” Bush said. “How’s your boy?”
    Maybe I’m taking this wrong – but this comes across as a little old lady flexing her muscle against a powerless 6 year old. Does the Chimp actually think that he gets to determine the scope of chit-chat? Does he hand everyone a script beforehand?

9. janeboatler says:

Does the Chimp actually think that he gets to determine the scope of chit-chat?

10. Anonymous says:

Touche !

11. virgotex says:

how about: “My “boy” is doing just fine, no thanks to you. And by the way, he’s doing something your daddy’s “boy” didn’t have the balls to do.”

12. Black_Sheep_One says:

Good on Webb.
    Boy’s a Marine, eh?
    Shrub’s not fit to tie either of their shoes.