True/False

Answer in the comments. For yourselves, not for me.

1. Nobody kicks my little brother but me.

2. I have written someone a fan letter.

3. Flavored coffee is the devil.

4. I am secretly in love with a presidential candidate, but I fear being hurt again like Kerry/Dean/Clark/Kucinich/Gore hurt me, so I hide my love and am ashamed of it.

5. Shut UP, Bill Maher.

6. Han shot first.

7. I do things that frighten the living shit out of me, but they usually turn out okay.

8. Giving up is the one unpardonable sin.

9. Seinfeld is not funny no matter how many times you tell me that it is.

10. I don’t think becoming my parents would suck.

22 thoughts on “True/False

1. Lex says:

1) True, and we both have the Tonka-truck scars on our scalps to prove it.
    2) True.
    3) False, but it’s not my first choice.
    4) False. I have never been in love with a presidential candidate. My vote always has gone to the lesser of who cares.
    5) True.
    6)???
    7) True, when I was younger.
    8) False.
    9) True.
    10) False.

1. only KICK my brother?
    2.true, but but but it was left wing media professor columnist and and and not gushing ok
    3.true
    4. no, hell no.
    5. lots of people need to shut up 1st.
    6. what?
    7. true. for estate sales i do go into iffy areas.
    8. true.
    9. false
    10. false

3. Elspeth R says:

1. True (if my parents had let me lay a finger on him)
    2. True
    3. True (but I will try one occassionally to see if they have improved…but not holding breath)
    4. False, I love Gore and I am NOT afraid to say so! 🙂
    5. True
    6. Shot who/whom?
    7. True (when I actually try…)
    8. False (sometimes, it doesn’t matter how hard you work for something…the time just comes to move on…refer to my disintegrating relationship – and it SUCKS BIG TIME)
    9. True (with the occassional False – generally I hated the show, it was one big whine fest)
    10. FALSE!!! (they have become hardcore conservatives! Nuff said)
    Elspeth

4. Emma says:

1. True
    2. True
    3. False.
    4. False
    5. False
    6. Hell yes, True.
    7.False
    8. False
    9. True.
    10. Which one?

5. dirk gently says:

1 – true, except the fundy one. kick away.
    2 – true, if you count dr. dean
    3 – true, except if flavored with irish whiskey
    4 – false, when i fall you’ll know it
    5 – i abstain
    6 – yes, but that’s just a fact
    7 – true and false, in that order
    8 – false, and i wish someone would explain that to the congress
    9 – false, except the last season and a half
    10 – false, but my kids can become me

6. Robert Earle says:

1. I don’t have a little brother.
    2. Does fan email count?
    3. I don’t drink cofee.
    4. False
    5. Only If Billo shuts up, too. And Hannity. And comedian Rush.
    6. I have no idea.
    7. Not since I was about 28.
    8. Giving up is sometimes the correct thing to do (eg Iraq)
    9. Are you mad, woman!?!
    10. I did that somewhere around age 28. It rocks!

7. Ted says:

1. True
    2. False
    3. [All] coffee is the devil. – True
    4. False.
    5. False.
    6. True – and here is the T-Shirt to prove it. http://www.thinkgeek.com/pvp/swag/712c/
    7. True
    8. False – Betrayal is the one unpardonable sin.
    9. False
    10. Very False

8. 1. Nobody kicks my little brother but me.
    He’s 6’3 and nobody kicks him much these days, being a Desert Shield/Storm vet and all.
    2. I have written someone a fan letter.
    Yes. Jimmy Carter. Two, actually.
    3. Flavored coffee is the devil.
    Ah, but when you put cinnamon in with the coffee grounds and make your own … a little evil is good.
    Um, well … I still love Dean and Gore, so…
    5. Shut UP, Bill Maher.
    Way past time
    6. Han shot first.
    Damn straight
    Except when people get killed, yeah.
    8. Giving up is the one unpardonable sin.
    Absolutely
    9. Seinfeld is not funny no matter how many times you tell me that it is.
    Hurray!!! I’m not the only one in the universe!!!!
    10. I don’t think becoming my parents would suck.
    True.

9. dontkillwhitey says:

1. False, seeing as how I’m the only son in the family
    2. False
    3. No opinion (I don’t drink coffee)
    4. False–I am open about my love for Obama
    5. False
    6. True
    7. False
    8. False
    9. Unsure–I like some episodes and not others.
    10. True only in the case of my dad

10. joejoejoe says:

1. True. I’m the youngest. I kick myself sometimes.
    2. True. When I was eleven* I wrote a fan/love letter to Olympic figure skater Linda Fratianne but didn’t mail it.
    3. True. It is decidedly so.
    4. False. I love me some Obama, openly.
    5. False. He has the right to be a loud jerk same as everyone.
    6. True. Greedo, for lack of a better word, is dead.
    7. False. I do a lot of stuff I think is harmless that blows up in my face.
    8. False. Giving up may be it’s own bad karma but I don’t think it’s unpardonable. I believe in redemption.
    9. False. He’s not my style but he’s got good comic timing and technique. Material? Lame.
    10. True/False – 50% ‘Hell Yes!’, 50% ‘Hell No!’.
    (* – I’m still ‘eleven’ in the Spinal Tap sense of ‘eleven’.Linda Fratianne, you know you want me!)

11. none says:

5. Shut UP, Bill Maher.=>Shut UP, Dennis Miller
    9. Seinfeld is ALWAYS funny, unless you’re too old.
    There, fixed #5 & #9 for you.

12. "Fair and Balanced" Dave says:

1. False. My poor brother is in the middle of his second divorce.
    2. False.
    3. Sorta true. However the real devil are those frozen coffee concoctions. If you’re going to drink coffee, drink coffee not some coffee-flavored kids’ drink with whipped cream on top.
    4. False.
    5. False. I’m not quite ready to muzzle Maher since he does have his moments.
    6. True but Greedo had it coming.
    7. True.
    8. True.
    9. False. It’s “Everybody Loves Raymond” that’s not funny.
    10. True. I’d be proud as hell to compared to my parents.

13. BuggyQ says:

1. False, but only because I have none. If I did, watch out.
    2. False, but only because Eleanor Roosevelt died before I could write.
    3. True, but only because I hate coffee.
    4. False, but only because I have yet to love again.
    5. True. Just true.
    6. True, in the truest sense of trueness.
    7. True, but not often enough.
    8. False. There are a lot of unpardonable sins I’d put in front of that, but I don’t believe in unpardonable sins. That’s wayyyyy too Manichean black/white for me.
    9. True, and I hope to god there are more of us out there. Annoying, yes. Funny, no.
    10. True. I like my parents, for the most part. Except when they’re really acting like parents. I’m 39, Mom. Get over it.

14. squirm says:

1. False. Fair warning, dude kicks back.
    2. True.
    3. False. But I don’t drink any of that stuff, it’s Satan’s rocket fuel.
    4. False. I’ve yet to be impressed. But we’ve got time.
    5. Who?
    6. Indeed.
    7. Ah, true, and false.
    8. False. Giving up is often the path to deeper understanding.
    9. Neither wholely true nor entirely false.
    10. False.

15. Aaaargh says:

1. I have no little brother, but if you want to apply it to sisters then true.
    2. True
    3. False. Hazelnut coffee is marvelous.
    4. True
    5. True
    6. True
    7. True
    8. False
    9. True, true good lord how true
    10. True, other than the being dead part.

16. Tlazolteotl says:

1. Don’t have one!
    2. Yes. Isaac Asimov, when I was 10 – and he answered back, bless his heart!
    3. No, but it’s gross.
    4. Ummm, no.
    5. Definitely yes!
    6. Who cares?
    7. Not really.
    8. Don’t believe in ‘sin’, but giving up does make you a loooser.
    9. Seinfeld is not funny no matter how many times you tell me that it is.
    10. My parents are fairly cool, actually.

17. CatStaff says:

1. Well, one little brother is almost 54 and one is 37, so I’d be afraid of doing all of us an injury if I tried such a thing.
    2. Nope.
    3. Yep.
    4. I don’t know from love, but I have spent a few idle moments imagining myself the filling in an Gore/Edwards sandwich.
    5. Most of the time, yes.
    6. Who?
    7. Used to – not so much any more. Need to fix that.
    8. Absolutely.
    9. Never could watch that show.
    10. Actually, it would. They had their moments, but both were alcoholics and pretty emotionally (and sometimes physically) abusive until Mom got major religion and become the purse-lipped Church Lady. They’ve both gone on to their reward, so I don’t dwell on the bad times (after all, it was 40 years ago), but I raised my son a lot differently.

18. 1. I have three younger brothers, had to take turns.
    2. No, but have sent not-so fan letters to my GoOPer congress-critter. (WA-08)
    3. Vile…just vile. Flavored coffee is like scented toilet paper, why bother?
    4. wouldn’t give you a plug nickel for any of them. Run Gore Run.
    5. This guy is funny, Dennis Miller is not.
    6. yes he did. and the universe is better for it.
    7. Dabbling in the occult, stirring up the underworld, pissing off a demon or two, good for a Saturday afternoon. (no, I don’t play video games)
    8. giving up makes baby jesus cry.
    9. Seinfeld channels Dennis Miller. (see No. 5)
    10. You show me two folks, who raised 8 kids on a logger’s meager income, who are cooler people than my parents and I’ll cut my hair.

19. Jonathan says:

I only have an answer to #6: Han didn’t shoot first, Han shot only!

20. Erik says:

1. Nobody kicks my little brother but me.
    I only have little sisters. I never kicked them nor let anyone else.
    2. I have written someone a fan letter.
    My fan letter to Athenae is still in the draft folder. I’m too shy to send it.
    3. Flavored coffee is the devil.
    And his minions too.
    I’m still pining for Gore.
    5. Shut UP, Bill Maher.
    No, plenty of others would need to shut up first before I got to Bill.
    6. Han shot first.
    Huh?
    Iwish I did things that frightened me. I’m too cautious.
    8. Giving up is the one unpardonable sin.
    No, there are others.
    9. Seinfeld is not funny no matter how many times you tell me that it is.
    I thought the golf ball in the whale’s blowhole was funny. So sue me.
    10. I don’t think becoming my parents would suck.
    The pros would outweigh the cons.

21. report from the heartland says:

1. True with a word change: my little sister. Who still has nightmares of my cruelty.
    2. True: I sent Bill Blass a fan present… and he wrote back because he had perfect manners!
    3. TRUE; no exceptions
    4. False. I know better. I think I’m older than you.
    5. He’s designed his no-muss no-fuss life and he can lead it.
    6. abstain
    7. true
    8. True and I am in need of pardoning since 11/04.
    9. Often rue but “Curb Your Enthusiasm” always is.
    10. False

22. Interrobang says:

1. Nobody kicks my little brother but me.
    I don’t have a little brother. I imagine that if I did, I would have figured that it was none of my business who kicked him.
    2. I have written someone a fan letter.
    True.
    3. Flavored coffee is the devil.
    I don’t believe in the devil, but flavoured coffee is rather disgusting.
    False.
    5. Shut UP, Bill Maher.
    True.
    6. Han shot first.
    True, but Greedo deserved it.
    Maybe.
    8. Giving up is the one unpardonable sin.
    I don’t believe in sin, and sometimes giving up is the better part of valour.
    9. Seinfeld is not funny no matter how many times you tell me that it is.
    True, true, true. I worry about people who think Seinfeld is funny.
    10. I don’t think becoming my parents would suck.
    False, false, false. Becoming my parents would suck lots. I’d have to learn to like easy-listening music, brown furniture, religion, and television. No thanks.