Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freepi – Oh Noes! We iz losers!!

Hi gang – this has been one of the most fun weeks to slurp up the sweet tears of the Permanent Republican Majority. Free Republic this week has been a microcosm of the five stages syndrome and the inevitable circular firing squad. All the howling and feces-flinging could not save them from their fate, and it couldn’t happen to a more deserving gang of Neanderthals.
Suit up and we’ll start with Monday’s toxic waste and move down the drums of dumb in chronological order.

I have to say, this is just like Christmas.

First up –Oh! My beautiful mind hurts! Make it stop!

Can we have one day without posting
crap from Polititco, Chuck Todd, or Mark
Halperin?

11.03.08 | Perdogg
Posted
onMonday, November 03, 2008 7:31:19 AM byPerdogg

Can we have
one day without posting crap from Polititco, Chuck Todd, or Mark Halperin? I am
really tired of the MSM trying to manipulate us.
Please for one day, do not
post crap from Polititco, Chuck Todd, Rick Moran, or Mark Halperin.
Thank
you!!

You see – people had been posting polls and op-eds from these once-reliable sources, and the uncomfortable truths about what was about to happen became a little too uncomfortable. It’s shoot-the-messenger time!

To: Perdogg; Admin Moderator
I vote yes. None of those a$$hats and no Noobie posts.
4 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008
7:33:04 AM
bymad_as_he$$ (Nemo
me impune lacessit.)

To: Perdogg
Or API or Berg…
6 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008
7:33:17 AM
byicwhatudo

To: org.whodat
I think Politico may have started out with at least a pretense
of objectivity, but since Obama became the Dem nominee they’ve dropped the
pretense and have gone full-boar partisan.
They didn’t even cover the Aunt
Zeituni story until they could spin at as a case of “suspicious timing.”
18 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008
7:54:12 AM
byrightwingintelligentsia

Fortunately, Miss Manners is there to save the day:

To: Perdogg
Can we not cuss, particularly in the title?
Can extremely
short vanities be marked as such in the title instead?
When it comes to
posting cr@p, I’m more offended by the flood of vanities than articles from
idiot democrats.
16 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008
7:42:40 AM
byMr Rogers (It’s
Joe the Plumber vs. Bill the Bomber!)
Now, we have the obligatory “Will they still call it the White House?” thread. It’s like comfort food for them:

Who would you rather have redecorate
the White House: Cindy or
Michelle??

Posted
onMonday, November 03, 2008 9:56:11 PM by
barcalounger

In just a
few days, we’ll know which First Lady will be redecorating the White House. What
kind of changes will be made to the various rooms and in the celebration of
various holidays?

To: barcalounger
Can you see the WH if Michelle gets there???? I can picture the
old butter urn in the kitchen with her sitting there on an old wooden chair and
a scarf around her head churning away…a clothes line down the entrance hall
with fresh washed clothes pinned to the line…the two girls are out the Rose
Garden making mud pies and Obama out the front door feeding the chickens, goats
and pigs…Oh yeah, I forgot Muslims dont eat pork do they?
14 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008 10:16:19 PM byHarleyLady27 (Rush thread
tribal name: Mistress of Chief Gatekeeper.)

To: HarleyLady27
Leopard skin wallpaper and a Black Velvet Black Elvis.
The
Obama’s don’t celebrate Christmas like all “good muslims”.
15 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008 10:19:54 PM bypsalm126
Funny – I thought it was redneck crackers who were into Velvet Elvii.

To: puffer
Actually, I have visions of the Nation of Islam guarding him
instead of Secret Service.
18 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008 10:26:48 PM byArizona Carolyn

You should see someone about those visions, Carolyn.

Of course, this is all pre-election jitters stuff from Monday.
The really good stuff starts after the jump, so let’s jump, shall we?

I just love the frantic speculation of how sweet the fruits of victory will taste, because I know how it’s all gonna come out:

Oh Boy! Will We Witness An Olberman
Meltdown Tomorrow?

A Certain Left-wing
site
| 11/4/08

Posted onMonday, November 03, 2008 9:28:19 PM byTruthHound
MSNBC will have hosts AND
an anchor on election night, according to Chris Matthew on “Hardball.” After
Matthews and Olbermann got removed as official election anchors for the final
debates, with David Gregory taking the role, the network announced their
election night plans as follows:
MSNBC’s Election Night coverage kicks off
at 5 p.m. ET, anchored by David Gregory with Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann,
Rachel Maddow and Eugene Robinson at MSNBC Election Headquarters in New York.
“Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough will join to provide analysis based on his
years of experience in the House of Representatives. Norah O’Donnell will report
on the challenges facing the incoming administration… But Monday Chris
Matthews announced he and Olbermann are “hosts”:

To: scooby321
The female Olberman (rachel Madcow) will have to think up some
more vile things to say about Palin. Palin is not butch enough for her
taste.
20 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008 9:43:58 PM bydandiegirl

To: All
Mass marxist suicides on the 5th would help clean the national
gene pool.
27 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008 9:51:33 PM bytomkat (handcrafted
handmirrors)

To: TruthHound
They may have to put him on suicide watch. snicker
snicker
30 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008 9:54:20 PM byForce of Truth (The “common
good” will make us all common.)

To: MaxMax
I’d like to see him stroke out, but that’s just me.
40 posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 10:25:14 PM byJim

Forget the MSNBC dudes, look out for Carville. In 2000, he used
a bag over his head. In 2004, he hit an egg on his head. 2008???
Hmmmmm…perhaps .38 inserted into his mouth.
42 posted onMonday, November 03, 2008 11:50:55 PM bycurling

So, how did that work out for ya, you pack of cretins? Did you enjoy Olbermann’s meltdown?
Well, this has all just been the appetizer – let’s move on to the main course, shall we?
I hear it’s best served cold.

Fox calls PA for
Obama

11-4-08 | self

Posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 7:35:01 PM byAnti-Hillary
Someone cheer me up…
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

To: Anti-Hillary
McCain does not need PA to win.
4 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 7:36:41 PM byconservativeinferno (My SUV is the urban squirrel’s
worst predator.)
To: Anti-Hillary
I second that. I’m feeling dejected. How do they call a state a
mere half-hour after polls close? You’re telling me the “bankrupt the coal
industry,” “bitter clinging to guns and religion” comment and Murtha’s gaffes
made NO DIFFERENCE?
5 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 7:36:45 PM byconservativeinbflo.

Um – no, because no one over the intellectual and emotional age of 12 could give them any credence.
It looks really good onyou, though.

To: Anti-Hillary
I am throwing up in my mouth here, literally. I cannot believe
this is happening. THIS is God’s plan? THIS???
7 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 7:37:07 PM byRepubMommy

This is God’s plan.

He did this because he hates you and all people like you.
Why? Because you took the philosophy of the Prince Of Peace and turned it into hatred and horror.
When you die and go to Hell, be sure and look up Pope Urban II and Saladin – maybe they can explain it to you between screams.

It gets more and more quiet at FR as the reports start coming in,
By 9:00 it starts looking like this:

A special message to all you quitters
and surrender-monkeys. . .

Vanity |
1963 | “Bluto” Blutarski, Faber Class of 1963

Posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 8:55:23 PM bySalgak
Listen up, people. ..this
isn’t even CLOSE to over.

Bluto – was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

To: Salgak
Sorry…I still want to throw up.
2 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 8:57:13 PM bykimchi lover (Joe the
Plumber is my Homeboy!)

To: kimchi lover
I took Zantac.
14 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 8:59:34 PM byMrChips (MrChips)

To: Salgak
Actually, the first thing I’m going to do tomorrow is max out
my credit cards. I, of course, won’t be able to pay the company I borrow from,
but now that the Savior has been elected, I don’t have to! He’ll take care of
me! I can’t WAIT to start living irresponsibly! In fact, I still have two years
on my student loans. But knowing that “The One” believes that college educations
are a right, rather than a privilege, perhaps his administration will finish my
loan payments, too! It’s gonna be grand!! (Sorry, but I had to…) I can’t WAIT
to start living off the teat!
26 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 9:02:32 PM byconservativeinbflo.

Good idea! And sell your house while you’re at it. Never make financial decisions when you’re drunk, or a Republican.

To: Salgak
Dude…I’ve downed a fifth of Irish and had 15 bong hits and
don’t see it.
50 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 9:11:09 PM byElectricStrawberry (1/27th
Infantry Wolfhounds…cut in half during the Clinton years.)

Duuuude! You like, totally lost!

And now it’s Wednesday, and our long national nightmare is over, and the Freeperati hangovers are just beginning.
Now’s the time for sober reflection on what went wrong.
Right.

Does the Republican Party Need to be
a Big-Tent Party Again?

Self |
10/4/08 | Self

Posted onWednesday, November 05, 2008 12:20:52 AM bypaudio
I
know this view is not popular here, but we need to have an honest discussion
after what happened last night. There has been many calls to throw ‘RINOs’ out
of the party. Yesterday’s results, however, show that we cannot do that. Like it
or not, conservatism is a word with many meanings: social, economic,
libertarian, ‘patriotic’ conservatism, etc. Recently, it’s obvious that whatever
coalition that Reagan put together has fallen apart. Dubya, ran as a
conservative,managed to bring all factions together, but as a president, he gave
privilege to one or two factions, and left the others cold.
Sarah Palin may
be the darling of social conservatives, but not necessarily of the other
conservatives. When we said ‘she rallies the base’, it seems now that we only
meant ‘she rallies the social conservatives’. It should be clear now that there
are just not enough social conservative voters to win a national election. With
her on McCain ticket, we cannot argue that ‘the base’ stayed home tonight.

The way I see it, in order to rebuild the party, we need to start from
one of two assumptions: (1) there exists a conservative idea that encompass all
factions of ‘conservatism’, or (2) Such idea doesn’t exist, but we only had good
communicator that managed to bring different people together. I used to think it
was number one, but recently I started to doubt about it. It seems to me that
the second one is much more important. Reagan, Newt, and candidate Bush (not the
president) did a good job in their time.

So, in my opinion, in order to
be able to compete with the Dims again, we need to find a person that can unite
the whole factions back. Perhaps, we also need an issue to do so.
The other
problem we have now is the tarnished brand of conservatism and Republican party
that was caused by Dubya’s inability or unwillingness to counter the media’s
narratives. At this moment, more than ever, we need to win the independents and
moderates. Hoping them to vote for conservative candidates while throwing the
‘moderates’ in the party is really a misplaced hope.

Sounds reasonable to me. How say ye, Freepers? Will it be the big tent, or Party Purges?

To: paudio; MaggieCarta; indylindy; roamer_1; calcowgirl;
djsherin; Sunnyflorida; SoConPubbie; …
Does the Republican Party Need to be a Big-Tent Party
Again?

Dump the RINOs!

4 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 12:23:36 AM
byrabscuttle385

To: paudio
“OK. What do you think.”
I think I’m feeling homicidal and
should resist replying to your post out of respect for the older and younger
FReepers present.
5 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 12:23:51 AM
byBoucheau (A wise
& frugal gov’t…shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has
earned. T. Jefferson)

To: paudio
If I told you what I think I would be banned from FR.
Go
away.
10 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 12:24:59 AM
byJeff
Chandler
(Bush Sr, Bob Dole, Bush Jr, McCain

To: paudio
Log Cabin Republicans know all about pitching a big
tent.
15 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 12:26:04 AM
bydfwgator (I hate
Illinois Marxists)

Ah – I can just see dfwgator thinking of chastising the Godless Commun…Tornado…homosexuals with his mighty rod of vengeance.

Hundreds are gathered in front of the
White House chanting “nah nah nah nah. Hey hey hey
goodbye”

GretaWire ^ | November 4, 2008

Posted on
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:43:59 PM by
MountainLoop

“happening right
now … out front of the White House by Greta Van Susteren Check out the email I
just received … From: Chernenkoff, Kelly To: Sent: Wed Nov 05 00:18:17 2008
Subject: Urgent: hundreds convene in front of WH Live on rem 217: Hundreds are
gathered in front of the WH right now chanting “nah nah nah nah. Hey hey hey
goodbye” and “yes we can”. Packed very tightly with more pouring in by the
second. Obama masks and chants of “usa! Usa!” as Obama is speaking and the crowd
is likely unaware. I have only seen college-age students so far. Rain is
beginning to come down as crowd is only getting louder.”

(Excerpt) Read more atgretawire.foxnews.com

Shocking. And also hilarious. What’s to be done?

To: MountainLoop
President Bush should go out there with an M60 (like John
Rambo) and mow down a couple dozen of those leftist bums.
21 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:50:55 P
M byreg45

To: MountainLoop
Wish I could be there locked and loaded. Maybe this is where it
will start.
The other thing that makes me sick is he wasn’t born here. That
hurts more than anything.
36 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:56:19 PM
byTerry Mross
(If Obama wins our posting may stop)

You know something, shit-for-brains? I wish youhad been out in front of the White House “locked and loaded”, too. Darwin never sleeps, nor does the Secret Service.

Next up –“There were supposed to be PUMAS in the crevasses!”

What was the PUMA
effect?

self

Posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 11:25:50 PM bygnan4d
What
happened to the PUMAS? Was this a trick? Was it overestimated? Was it just a
pipe dream? There are just too many questions unanswered – this is only the
beginning.

To: gnan4d
“What was the PUMA effect?” Obviously not
enough…
It’s looking like the whole “PUMA” thing turned out to be an urban
legend.
6 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:29:01 PM
byKoRn

To: Galtoid
Yup, the PUMAS were a Machiavellian trick.
It was B******T
from the start. So was the mythical “Bradley effect” .
A lot of people deluded
themselves in regards to strategy and just how far left the USA is.
The
Constitution is dead, it is whatever one thinks it is on any given day. Fact of
life, get used to it.
28 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:35:47 PM
byPara-Ord.45

So much schadenfreude, so little time…
Next –“You hate me! You really hate me!”

“McCainism,” RIP, and Good Riddance
to Bad Rubbish

Ace of Spades HQ ^ | November 5, 2008 12:37 am | Ace

Posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008 11:10:37 PM byBratch
steve
and I were talking, I mentioned how rudderless the McCain campaign was, because
nothing with McCain is clear.
There is no “McCainism” as there was a
“Bushism” or “Reaganism.” Those men offered fairly clear visions (well, Reagan
particularly so). Not McCain. Everything with him is just his personal gut,
principle-free, just an instinct, an impulse, which often takes him in wildly
contradictory places (but he’s always haughty about the moral superiority of his
decisions).
For example, he’s pro-drilling… but not in ANWR. Um, why? He’s
forever undercutting himself with unexplained hedges and caveats.
He’s
pro-business… Kinda. Except when he’s making his distaste for anyone working
in the private sector “for profit not patriotism” so glaringly evident.
He
wants to lower taxes. Sorta. Sometimes. Maybe. In election years.
We must
regard Obama as suspect because of his association with the terrorist Bill
Ayers… but it’s racist to mention his membership in Jeremiah Wright’s Church
of Hate.
This leads to a paralysis among his campaign staff. Everyone knew,
pretty much, the Idea of Reagan. They could act independently with confidence
that they were advancing Reagan’s goals.
No one could do that with McCain.

Steve mentioned the german military term “schwerpunkt,” or “critical point.”
Every military mission needed an easily comprehended schwerpunkt; even the most
complicated mission must have, at its heart, a simple idea, a non-complex goal.
If the goal was to capture the bridge, it must be clear that capturing the
bridge was the schwerpunkt. Not only was everyone clear on the general goal,
then, but when asked to give orders independent of senior command, lower
officers would know the main goal that each of their orders must advance, the
schwerpunkt. Without that, lower officers could not possibly issue orders that
would serve the mission’s goal. How can one advance the mission without knowing
precisely what is at its heart?
What was McCain’s schwerpunkt? What was his
case? Ultimately he sought to run not on a plan or an idea, but upon his
character, his personal wisdom and integrity (something I note, not
uncoincidentally, could never benefit Republicans generally, as an *idea*
could).
He always had a tough battle, but in the end he had no plan for
battle, only the unwavering belief that he alone was equipped to lead the war.

There was no idea of McCain beyond McCain himself.
And ultimately, he
lost. No man is greater than an idea.
Even the great McCain.

To: Bratch
Yes good riddance to him and all the other wishy washy
Republicans.
2 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:11:43 PM
byDef
Conservative
(Run and hide 08)

To: Bratch
May this truly be the END of McCain!
3 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:12:38 PM
byrottndog
(Freedom IS NOT FREE–Let us NEVER FORGET those that have paid the highest price
for it!)

To: BradyLS
No republican was going to win-the democrat hedge funds made
sure of that when they crashed the markets
13 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:17:32 PM
byground_fog

What the fuck?? Did he just say that the “democrat hedge funds” crashed the markets???
This dumbass has just disappeared up his own anus and left nothing behind but a bad smell.
Jaysus.

And now, with the sickening realization that nothing ever disappears on the internets, and that elections have consequences –“Run away! Run away!‏”

Purging my political posts, how to do
it before I get sent to O’Bamas
Gulags..

Posted on
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:04:55 PM by
mark in iowa

I’ve been a “troll” on so many
sites, should I be worried?

To: mark in iowa
Shoot a liberal neighbor and assume their identity.
6 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:11:11 PM
bymilemark (Cheer
up, the worst is yet to come.)

To: mark in iowa
yes, these leftist(sic) have been watching this site.

And giggling uncontrollably, I might add. Just trying to figure out what’s funnier, his paranoia, or his inability to pluralize English words. I think this nincompoop posts over at Glock Talk – there’s a pinhead there who is always talking about “The terrorist” or “The leftist”.

don’t wait until Jan to protect your right to bear arms !
we may need them
this leftist will not go away after 2 terms !
8 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:13:33 PM
byncalburt

To: mark in iowa
Actually, I need to know this, too.
How do we purge crap
from Google cache??
11 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:15:14 PM
bymabelkitty

Better question – how do you purge your crap from First Draft?
Answer is – you can’t.

To: FBD
Maybe we Freepers need a secret sign so at least we’ll
recognize each other.
15 posted onTuesday, November 04, 2008
11:19:12 PM
byMygirlsmom
(Hope is gone. Change is coming.)

Screwball

Next in our parade of wingnuts –“No Moral Equivalence! No Compromise with Evil! No Brains!‏”

No Moral Equivalence! No Compromise
with Evil!

Posted onWednesday, November 05, 2008 7:45:52 AM byMrChips
Edited onWednesday, November 05, 2008 7:50:50 AM byAdmin
Moderator
. [history]

Oh please! There is is no moral
equivalence, here. I will NOT congratulate Obama as if I am the “loyal
opposition” who simply apposes his ideas. I will NOT congratulate a man who
promises as his first act in office to slaughter millions of unborn babies! The
Freedom of Choice Act be damned! I will NOT congratulate a man who threatens to
take away our freedoms. Welcome to the Fairness Doctrine and to the new “civil
defense force” (whatever the Hell that turns out to be); will the 2nd Amendment
fall after he destroys the 1st? I will NOT congratulate a man who buys the
presidency with an obscene amount of money (Soros?) and a “Mainstream Media”
which is no longer “mainstream.” (Let’s just call it PRAVDA). And NO! I will NOT
congratulate a man who threatens to tax me out of my house and my life savings
so that he can “spread the wealth around.” Nor will I congratulate a man who
threatens to weaken the country my father fought and bled for in World War II, a
highly decorated 85-year-old veteran who had to endure some thug who this week
tore down his McCain/Palin sign which he had placed so proudly in his front
yard. If the Left can oppose and destroy conservatives when they are elected
merely on the promise of protecting the American Dream, what is the Right to do
when a leftist is elected promising sweeping change that would destroy that
Dream? Evil must be opposed, not congratulated. This morning, a colleague chided
me when I called it Evil. I told him that I had wept lat night for the coming
slaughter of the unborn. Yes, it’s Evil. The word was good enough for Ronald
Reagan. And it is good enough for me.

To: MrChips
Yes. I’m sick of these RINOs that have absolutely destroyed the
Republican party congratulating this man!!!I can see now that they probably
would have been gracious & congratulated Hitler too!
Enough is enough! The
gloves are off, it’s time to get down in the trenches and fight this evil with
everything we’ve got. Don’t give them one more inch!
5 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 7:51:12 AM
byalicewonders
(Sarah Palin is the face of America’s future.

Godwinslaw

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any crazier –“He’s gonna see the Big Board and EVERYTHING!!”

Obama to begin intelligence
briefings

AP ^
Posted onWednesday, November 05, 2008 10:48:57 AM bymaquiladora
CHICAGO
(AP) – President-elect Obama will start getting highly-classified intelligence
briefings starting tomorrow.
It’s the type of briefing he’ll get on a daily
basis in the White House once he takes office…

(Excerpt) Read more atfox23news.com

To: maquiladora
Good grief — DON’T Tell him ANYTHING!
4 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 10:50:09 AM
byBenLurkin (Pray
for gridlock)

To: MTMS
Yep, someone that could never pass the lowest level security
clearance, being given classified information.I wonder how long before he
starts passing it along to his handlers? I hope the intel community sets a trap
to be able to prove that.
8 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 10:52:14 AM
bybitterohiogunclinger (Never argue with an idiot, they always
wear you down and beat you with experience)

To: maquiladora
Gotta wonder how long it’ll take for the information he
receives to find its way to the Iranians, the Yemenis, the Syrians, the Chinese,
andeven al-Qaeda and the Taliban.
32 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 11:09:26 AM
byJack Hammer
(here)

You guys be some absolutely batshit crazy thumb-suckers. There’s just nothing else to say.

As a Texan, I take this next one personally –“If at first you don’t secede, try, try again!‏”

Fellow Texans…Yes we
can!

http://www.texassecede.com ^| 11/05/08 | VANITY

Posted onWednesday, November 05, 2008
1:13:16 PM
byerkyl

To: erkyl
How is this different than Susan Sarandon or Alec Baldwin
saying they were leaving the country if a Republican won?
7 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 1:18:51 PM
byIrishCatholic (No local communist or socialist party chapter?
Join the Democrats, it’s the same thing.)

To: IrishCatholic
How is this different than Susan Sarandon or Alec Baldwin
saying they were leaving the country if a Republican won?
Because a
Republican win wouldn’t result in their enslavement? Just one answer of many.
Yes, it is different. Buttock 0bama means to destroy the fundamental traditional
values of this country, AND MY FAMILY.
11 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 1:21:08 PM
byMrB (The 0bamanation:
Marxism, Infanticide, Appeasement, Depression, and Thuggery)

Let me tell you about your family, MrB.
Your wife’s doing the pool guy.
Your son’s doing the pool guy.
Your daughter’s doing Rover.
And you’re doing badly.

The rebreathers are starting to fail, but I think we can wade through a couple more.

“The McCain aides and Newsweek made her do it!‏”

Hackers and Sending
Sprees

Newsweek ^| 11/5/08 | Newsweek staff

Posted onWednesday, November 05, 2008
1:36:31 PM
byksen

. . .
NEWSWEEK has also
learned that Palin’s shopping spree at high-end department stores was more
extensive than previously reported. While publicly supporting Palin, McCain’s
top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy.
One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for
the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee
began buying for herself and her family—clothes and accessories from top stores
such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable
sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was
shocked when he got the bill. Palin also used low-level staffers to buy some of
the clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign found out last week when
the aides sought reimbursement. One aide estimated that she spent “tens of
thousands” more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to
buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been
lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as “Wasilla hillbillies
looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast,” and said the truth will eventually
come out when the Republican Party audits its books.
A Palin aide said:
“Governor Palin was not directing staffers to put anything on their personal
credit cards, and anything that staffers put on their credit cards has been
reimbursed, like an expense. Nasty and false accusations following a defeat say
more about the person who made them than they do about Governor Palin.”
. .
. Palin asked to speak along with McCain at his Arizona concession speech
Tuesday night, but campaign strategist Steve Schmidt vetoed the request.

(Excerpt) Read more atnewsweek.com

To: ksen
LIES…LIARS…McCain surrounds himself with LIARS.
3 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 1:38:55 PM
byAnn Archy
(Abortion…The Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

To: ksen
We will probably start seeing allot of this in the coming days
and weeks.
The ‘Drive Bys’ and RINOS on our side need to find a way to get
McCain back into the fold in DC. They will do this by scapegoating Palin on many
fronts, and create a narrative that she was the reason McCain lost. McCain will
give it all token rejection, but won’t totally shoot it down.
Count on
it!
10 posted onWednesday, November 05,
2008 1:42:10 PM
byKoRn

And just in case you missed just who their new enemy is (after hyping him and praising him for the last year or so), “Screw you John McCain!!”

Strains Between McCain and Palin
Aides Go Public

Abc ^| 06 Nov 2008 | Kate Snow
Posted
onThursday, November 06, 2008 11:46:19 AM by
BGHater

Report:
Palin’s Wardrobe Is to Be Audited by GOP
Now that the defeated team of Sen.
John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin have gone their separate ways, the knives are
out and Palin is the one who is getting filleted.
Revelations from anonymous
critics from within the McCain-Palin campaign suggest a number of complaints
about the Alaskan governor:
Fox News reports that Palin didn’t know Africa
was a continent and did not know the member nations of the North American Free
Trade Agreement — the United States, Mexico and Canada — when she was picked
for vice president.
The New York Times reports that McCain aides were
outraged when Palin staffers scheduled her to speak with French President
Nicholas Sarkozy, a conversation that turned out to be a radio station prank.

Newsweek reports that Palin spent far more than the previously reported
$150,000 on clothes for herself and her family.
Several publications say she
irked the McCain campaign by asking to make her own concession speech on
election night.
The tension is likely to continue or get worse. Lawyers for
the Republican National Committee are heading to Alaska to try to account for
all the money that was spent on clothing, jewelry and luggage, according to The
New York Times.

(Excerpt) Read more atabcnews.go.com

To: BGHater
What is going on here is just pathetic. I hope we find out who
the RINO’s are.
2 posted onThursday, November 06, 2008
11:47:59 AM
byParley Baer

To: BGHater
A bunch of good for nothing backstabbing RINOs. They RINOs have
destroyed the party and continue to do so..
4 posted onThursday, November 06, 2008
11:48:54 AM
byAlways Right
(Obama: more arrogant than Bill Clinton, more naive than Jimmy Carter, and more
liberal than LBJ.)

To: BGHater
“Lawyers for the Republican National Committee are heading to
Alaska to try to account for all the money that was spent on clothing, jewelry
and luggage, according to The New York Times.” Wasn’t it the RNC who bought the
clothes? They don’t know what they bought?
This is insane.
Is McCain just
looking for someone to blame…the same person he picked to pull him into
relevancy in the first place.
7 posted onThursday, November 06, 2008
11:50:27 AM
byAuntB (The right to
vote in America: Blacks 1870; Women 1920; Native Americans 1925)

To: BGHater
They blame Palin so McLame goes back the Senate and supports
Gramma, Dingy Harry and Hussein. If they stated how inept McLame and the RNC
actually has been, they’d lose his support. Besides, the Pubs don’t want to hear
about being totally in the tank for Socialism.
8 posted onThursday, November 06, 2008
11:50:28 AM
bySafetgiver
(America: Taking Affirmative Action to the extreme.)

I do so love watching them tear each other to pieces.

And lastly, from the “Please God let this be true” department –“Run Newtie, run!!!‏”

Newt Considers a Run for RNC
Chairman

Digital Journal ^| 11/6/08 | Sherri Reese

Posted onThursday, November 06, 2008
2:42:25 PM
byeeevil conservative

The word among GOP
insiders here in Georgia is that Newt Gingrich is considering throwing his name
in the hat to be the next Chairman for the RNC…

(Excerpt) Read more atdigitaljournal.com

THIS may be exactly what we need! btw– Did I beat Hannity on
breaking this news?????
1 posted onThursday, November 06, 2008
2:42:28 PM
byeeevil
conservative

To: eeevil conservative
Go Newt Go!!!! Take no prisoners!
2 posted onThursday, November 06, 2008
2:43:01 PM
byDouglas

To: eeevil conservative
Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me
repeat:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 posted onThursday, November 06, 2008
2:44:11 PM
byperfect_rovian_storm (Linux FTW!)

And into every perfect day a drop of rain must fall:

To: eeevil conservative
Hope he can keep his pants zipped up.
24 posted onThursday, November 06,
2008 2:47:56 PM
byTomServo

To: eeevil conservative
R U NUTS? Remember how he sucked up to Nancy P on global
warming. the environment and the outlawing of incandescent light bulbs?
He’s
a carnival barker, nothing more.
33 posted onThursday, November 06,
2008 2:49:32 PM
byLeo
Farnsworth
(I’m not really Leo Farnsworth…)

To: eeevil conservative
Is the same Newt who sat down with Bela Pelosi over globull
warming?
No sale.
35 posted onThursday, November 06,
2008 2:49:45 PM
byLx (Do you like it, do
you like it. Scott? I call it Mr. and Mrs. Tennerman chili.)

To: eeevil conservative
after kissing up to Algore and Hitlery
he is a double
agent.
Please NO!
39 posted onThursday, November 06,
2008 2:50:20 PM
byVaquero (“an
armed society is a polite society” Robert A. Heinlein)

To: eeevil conservative
Ya mean the Newt that has FDR as his hero or is this a
different Newt
43 posted onThursday, November 06,
2008 2:50:56 PM
byuncbob

You know, folks – all this “purge the Party” stuff just reminds me of back when Dennis Miller was still sane.
He actually said something pretty profound before he became one of the crazies he used to mock:

“Don’t you see? First you kill off the other races, then you start killing off the other religions, then you start killing off left-handed people, then you start killing off each other over the length of your crew-cuts, until finally there’s only one guy left – and no doubt that crazy SOB will attack the mirror.”

Well, I’ve dragged you guys through Freeper hope, and hope crushed – Freeper hatred and self-hatred – Freeper insanity and…well…more insanity, and I think you for staying with me for this one.

I think we’re going to have to burn all the Hazmat suits after this trip through the Freepers’ alleged mind, but don’t worry – we just got a credit line at FEMA. Something to do with new management.

Did I mention that the sun’s coming up on a new day?
And that it looks beautiful?

Sunrise3

10 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freepi – Oh Noes! We iz losers!!

1. spinkbottle says:

Usually I find it too depressing to slog through these, but today, it was a thing of beauty. I love the smell of Schadenfreude in the morning. Thank you!

2. Athenae says:

Darwin never sleeps, nor does the Secret Service.
    Made me laugh out loud.
    Beautiful sight, Tommy. Thank you for showing us all this loveliness. 🙂

3. Doc says:

Can I just be amused that the Politico is being referred to as mainstream media? Thought it had to be on a dead tree or delivered by a coiffed blond for it to be MSM…

4. filkertom says:

Fantastic. I’m not sure what I love more — the paranoia, the illiteracy, the casual hatred and homicidal tendencies, or the slivers of desperate hope that would be exactly like what we felt in our secret hearts over the past eight years except for, y’know, theirs is grounded in utter delusion.

5. gil mann says:

The overheated, violent rhetoric starts to concern me, then I remember that we’re talking about a bunch of housebound honkies with their chinos jacked up to their man-boobs, and I go right back intonyah mode.
    I know something-or-other requires eternal vigilance, but Jesus, even the race-war crowd doesn’t scare me anymore. I mean, c’mon, wearingwhite tuxedos on your cross-country beheading spree? That ain’t domestic terrorism. That’s domestic… uh… I dunno, bemusism or something.

6. leinie says:

I love how they are going to “purge” the internets of all their insane ramblings.
    Especially the morons who have posted what amount to death threats against the president elect.
    But Palin will save them!
    Tommy, you brave, brave man.

what a nasty little group. i wish i hadn’t bothered reading it.

8. Paul Fraser says:

RBC Bank President Gordon Nixon – Salary $11.73 Million
    $100,000 – MISTAKE (FISHERMEN’S LOAN)
    I’m a commercial fisherman fighting the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC Bank) over a $100,000 loan mistake. I lost my home, fishing vessel and equipment. Help me fight this corporate bully by closing your RBC Bank account.
    There was no monthly interest payment date or amount of interest payable per month on my loan agreement. Date of first installment payment (Principal + interest) is approximately 1 year from the signing of my contract.
    Demand loan agreements signed by other fishermen around the same time disclosed monthly interest payment dates and interest amounts payable per month.The lending policy for fishermen did change at RBC from one payment (principal + interest) per year for fishing loans to principal paid yearly with interest paid monthly.This lending practice was in place when I approached RBC.
    Only problem is the loans officer was a replacement who wasn’t familiar with these type of loans. She never informed me verbally or in writing about this new criteria.
    Phone or e-mail:
    RBC President, Gordon Nixon, Toronto (416)974-6415
    RBC Vice President, Sales, Anne Lockie, Toronto (416)974-6821
    RBC President, Atlantic Provinces, Greg Grice (902)421-8112 mail to:greg.grice@rbc.com
    RBC Manager, Cape Breton/Eastern Nova Scotia, Jerry Rankin (902)567-8600
    RBC Vice President, Atlantic Provinces, Brian Conway (902)491-4302 mail to:brian.conway@rbc.com
    RBC Vice President, Halifax Region, Tammy Holland (902)421-8112 mail to:tammy.holland@rbc.com
    RBC Senior Manager, Media & Public Relations, Beja Rodeck (416)974-5506 mail to:beja.rodeck@rbc.com
    RBC Ombudsman, Wendy Knight, Toronto, Ontario 1-800-769-2542 mail to:ombudsman@rbc.com
    Ombudsman for Banking Services & Investments, JoAnne Olafson, Toronto, 1-888-451-4519 mail to:ombudsman@obsi.ca
    “Fighting the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC Bank) one customer at a time”

9. mdh says:

Those guys are a lot more entertaining since we won. No less depressing, but at least I can enjoy an occasional chuckle.

10. mdh says:

Paul Fraser, I want to support your cause, but based on what you said there – and if you’ll excuse my presumption – I gotta say you seem angry and a bit unfocused.
    That said, your site does paint a more thorough picture of your situation – which stinks, and would make me angry too. That said, I only went there because I figured if I was going to dare offer you some constructive criticism I owed you the site visit.
    So here it is, try less cut and paste posting. Tell us what’s up in you’re comment, and put a link to your site. That way you’re not ‘threadjacking’ by posting hopelessly off topic AND at length. If we’re likely to care we’ll visit your link for more info. Let your site tell us what we can do – which it does. Those documents are pretty damning.
    Good luck man. As the proprietor of this place is wont to say – Not. One. Inch.
    /meta rant