The President-Elect is a Large Dork

Obamamacro

Hee:

Nothing seemed to rattle Obama. He had a way of retreating into his own little world. During one of the debate preps, the lights blew, flickering on and off like a strobe light from the 1970s disco craze. Obama stood behind the podium, quietly singing the song “Disco Inferno,” last popular in the heyday of “Saturday Night Fever.”

8 thoughts on “The President-Elect is a Large Dork

1. fourlegsgood says:

Good heavens. That sounds exactly like something I would do.

2. Elspeth R says:

I am so totally going to have that earworm! 🙂 Happily, I might add!
    Elspeth

3. Adrastos says:

OMG, it’s in *my* head now. Shouldn’t that be big or tall dork though?

4. BuggyQ says:

Burn, baby, burn! I love this man. The more I hear about him, the more I like what I hear. I even liked the Nancy Reagan seance bit, even if he really shouldn’t have said it. It was exactly what I was thinking!

5. Elspeth R says:

I don’t think he should have apologized about the seance bit, it’s not like it didn’t happen nor that at the time it was all over the news… He didn’t say anything that wasn’t based on reality. I guffawed as I heard it. 🙂
    Elspeth

the nancy apology just shows he is a MUCH bigger man than we can ever be. i love it.

7. ecm says:

I am convinced more and more that he is a real-life Jed Bartlet, at least in his sheer dorkitude.
    Except that, unlike Jed, Obama *does* look good in the big hats. (plz to post that photo again.)

8. prattfall says:

Between this and his Rahm roast, I’m just basking in how nice it will be to have a real human in the White House, someone with personality and a sense of humor that doesn’t involve stupid nicknames and bullying, someone with quirks and silliness but more or less well adjusted instead of someone who plays out daddy issues to the tune of 4200 dead Americans.