Today on Tommy T’s Obsession With The Freeperati – Republican Civil War edition

Good Monday morning, guys – before you start your day (hopefully) off work (if you’re still employed), and reflect on the last and greatest sacrifice made by our servicemen and women, let’s try and catch up with the angst-in-their-pants antics of the Freepers, shall we? I know some of these are dated, but I’m ploughing through the backlog of stupidity as fast as I can.

Let’s suit up and spin that airlock wheel. I’ve got a foul fetid feast of Freeperosity for your amusement.

Hmmm – 1st quarter Freepathon is still going on – they’re either going to have to lower their operating budget, or just make the fund-raising drive a permanent feature.

First offal offering –Let the finger-pointing begin!!‏

So Far So Ugly in the Republican Political Civil War

The Provocateur ^

| 04/30/2009
| Mike Volpe

Posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:15:22 PM byfiscon1
The Politico graphically illustrates just how ugly the political
civil war is getting in the aftermath of Arlen Specter leaving the
party.
Faced with a high-profile defection and the prospect of
political irrelevance in the Senate, Republicans took off the gloves
Wednesday for aferocious game of finger-pointing.
Republican
Sens. Orrin Hatch and George Voinovich blamed the Club for Growth for
imposing a right-wing litmus test that chased Arlen Specter out of the
Republican Party. The Club for Growth blamed Specter — first for
helping to ruin the GOP and then for leaving it. A leading Republican
strategist blamed the party for turning its back on moderates. Sen.
Lindsey Graham sniped at Republican National Committee Chairman Michael
Steele. Specter’s pollster blamed the stimulus bill. Karl Rove blamed
Specter himself.

“Ferocious game of finger pointing”? Ferocious game of rock, paper, scissors, more like.

To: fiscon1
This is funny. They want to point the blame. Well, I will. A pox on all of them. They’re all a bunch of losers.

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:19:26 PM
bybcsco
(I’m a Constitution defender!)

To: fiscon1
posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:20:39 PM
bybroken_arrow1
(I regret that I have but one life to give to my country)

Oh, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease…

div class=”EC_a2 blockquote” style=”margin-left: 40px;”>To: broken_arrow1

Getting rid of RINO’s is the best way to avoid a
Third Party split. We need to go FULL BORE Conservative in the GOP in
order to keep the grass roots involved in the Party.

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:22:46 PM
byKansas58

Yep – purge those RINOS! Please. Pretty please. I personally want the GOP down to just Michelle Bachman and David Duke by 2012.

div class=”EC_a2 blockquote” style=”margin-left: 40px;”>To: fiscon1

Let the great RINO hunt continue…NO bag limit…get ride of every swinging one…
So RINOs…Hows it feel to be out of power…Guess that attitude of
“who ya gonna vote for…the ‘Rats?” didn’t work out too well for ya?
Maybe you RINOs would be better off with the ‘rats after all…F’in
RINOs can go suck eggs as far as MY vote is concerned!

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:27:02 PM
byrightwingextremist1776

I cannot tell you how warm that makes my heart.

div class=”EC_a2 blockquote” style=”margin-left: 40px;”>To: Kansas58

Kansas58
“Getting rid of RINO’s is the best
way to avoid a Third Party split. We need to go FULL BORE Conservative
in the GOP in order to keep the grass roots involved in the Party.”
I was there voting with Republicans for (RINO) McCain, but I won’t
do it again! I will vote Libertarian if no Conservative Republican is
on the top of the ticket!

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:27:15 PM
bybroken_arrow1
(I regret that I have but one life to give to my country)

To: fiscon1
Why should anyone vote Republican today?The
party is old, it has no good ideas that people can follow
and their
marketing machine is a joke.

Even the Freepers are starting to get it. Sorta.

Oh yeah, they don’t have a person ready to unify the party and while
I don’t have an issue with Sarah Palin I see her as filling a role for
people who want to believe in someone rather than anything she has done
to date. Same for Jindal.

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:28:16 PM
bymisterrob
(FUBO—-Just say it, Foooooooooooooo Bohhhhhhhhh. Smooth)

To: Kansas58
Getting rid of RINO’s is the best way to avoid a Third Party split.

That
includes ridding ourselves of the Gingrich’s also. He holds a lot of
responsibility
for Republicans backing down when we had the Dems on
their knees.

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:30:28 PM
byFreepmanchew
( <:)))>< Proverbs 30:7-9)

I was wondering when someone was going to bring Newtie up.
Funny – Newtie never gets credit for starting the GOP sweater unraveling by leading the charge over the Terri Schaivo cliff…must be an oversight.

You know, the only thing more entertaining than watching them admit defeat is watching them blame it on everything except what actually caused it.

To: fiscon1
Why is that that no one ever chastises the Democrats
for “turning their backs on moderates”?
What about the Democrat Party
is today “moderate”, in any way?
Not a damned thing, and that’s the dirty little secret of this whole
media-led, Democrat-fed campaign to convince Republicans to abandon
conservatives.
This false meme is being repeated endlessly
throughout the mainstream media, with the full approval of the Democrat
Party to which Arlen Specter and the media are both now fully committed.
(snip).

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:24:18 PM
byandy58-in-nh

To: andy58-in-nh
because they won.

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:34:00 PM
byfiscon1

That’s gonna leave a mark!

div class=”EC_a2 blockquote” style=”margin-left: 40px;”>To: fiscon1

because they won.
That’s funny, because wheneverRepublicans
won, the media would instantly insist that they must “reach out” to
their opponents and promise to “govern from the center”. After which,
the GOP would happily comply and then the Democrats would grab their
media megaphones to accuse them of being controlled by right-wing
radicals.
So, win or lose, Democrats get to accuse Republicans
of being captive to diabolical forces and Republicans get to apologize
and beg for mercy.
Sorry, but I’m getting off this bus.

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 12:48:26 PM
byandy58-in-nh
(You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.)

By all means, let me get the door for you.
Irrelevancy Street and Hate Junction? Is this your stop?

div class=”EC_a2 blockquote” style=”margin-left: 40px;”>To: Kansas58

Voters bask in 1992 were left between a lying, country
club repub who said he wouldn’t raise taxes and a crackpot protest
candidate. However, if Bush had kept to his promise and manged from
more limited government perspective then Perot wouldn’t have seen the
light of day.
This last election was the second of a two election referendum on the
republican party. Now the party continues to implode instead of getting
its act together on putting out a message that people want to follow.
Obama lied out his bony ass to get elected. There is a chance that a
good candidate with a limited government message could win and the same
holds true for the mid-term. If the party is going to have dipshits
like Bachman spouting off and becoming the face of the party then the
country is done. Her rightwing version of moonbatism gets worshiped
around here but trying to wonder why swine flu comes back under a
democrat in 2009 when it was last seen under Carter was moronic.

posted onThursday, April 30, 2009 1:27:11 PM
bymisterrob
(FUBO—-Just say it, Foooooooooooooo Bohhhhhhhhh. Smooth)

Well, after that high-caloric appetizer of infighting, we need a lighter second course.
Served up piping hot with a side order ofschadenfreuderight after the jump.

Like this:

Like Loading...

3 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession With The Freeperati – Republican Civil War edition

1. Tommy T says:

Yeah – I know I’m commenting in my own post, but since the Freepathon (fund-raiser) for the first quarter (which they used to wrap up in two weeks) has already extended almost into the third quarter, I thought I’d wander over and see if there was a “can we please get this over with?” thread.

Come on you winos. Fork over…
    Pretty soon it’s going to be time to start the third quarter FReepathon. Let’s get this over with.
    2 posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 2:05:23 AM by DoughtyOne
    To: Brad’s Gramma
    Got another message from a disgruntled former poster. Says he won’t be sending in his three dollars again this month. Something about we’ve banned all the “good” posters and that’s why our FReepathons are taking so long. He hopes we’re going to dry up and go away pretty soon.
    Woo hoo!!
    Guess he doesn’t know that we never surrender!! Never give in!! Never give up!!
    9 posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 2:20:20 AM by Jim Robinson (Rebellion is Brewing!! Tea Party Express/Taxpayer March on DC 09.12.09!!)
    To: Jim Robinson
    Well Jim, the forum is very much appreciated, and I want it to remain a part of my life, and the Conservative landscape for a long time.
    I’m not going to deny that it bothers me a great deal to know that people on other forums can observe how long it takes for us to gather up the muster to support this forum during some of our FReepathons.
    If I were them, it would give me strength. Shame on us.
    10 posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 2:33:22 AM by DoughtyOne

“It would give me strength”.
    We already HAVE the strength, shit-for-brains.
    It does, however, give me mucho amusement.
    Tommy

2. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Why do I keep thinking of Underpants Gnomes?
    It’s something like:
    Phase 1: Expel from the Party everyone who does not think exactly the way you do (or don’t).
    Phase 2:?
    Phase 3: Win elections.
    I think we’re nearing the end of Phase 1. I’ll be interested to see how Phase 2 plays out. I’m not betting on Phase 3 happening in the near future.
    The general strategy tends to work when those thrown out have no place to go and must wander in the wilderness. Not so much when there are two other societies (Democrats and sane independents) ready to welcome the exiles.
    P.S. Thanks for the bonus comment :). I was going to point out that they were into their Q2 FReepathon, but hadn’t noticed that it was a carryover from the Q1 FReepathon.
    P.P.S.

“Every one of those groups has reacted with vile ugliness toward Sarah, except the patriotic majority of this country.”

Hmmm… I guess that “patriotic majority” is more like the “idiotic minority” (at least based on 2008 election results).
    –Kibitzer

3. dan mcenroe says:

David Duke is hiding out in Austria, so Bachman’s going to need a different dance partner.