Today on Tommy T’s Obsession With The Freeperati – Potpurri edition

Good morning everyone! I’m still disposing of old drums of toxic Free Republic waste, so bear with me on the topicality thing – because it’s always open season on stupid.

Before we get to the older stuff, though – Free Republic honcho Mike…er Jim Robinson posted a thread about a Daily Kos thread about a Free Republic thread.

I sense an imminent collapse of web punditry into a singularity.

One more from the left: Free Republic Pulls Thread Bashing Malia Obama

DailyKOS ^

| Fri Jul 10, 2009
| by CatM

Posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 11:53:00 AM byJim Robinson
Yesterday, theHalfrican posted a link to the Free Republic Website
where several of its regular members were bashing Malia Obama for
wearing a peace symbol t-shirt. The thread had several derogotary,
racist, and sexual remarks about Malia. It also included a picture of
Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that was accompanied with a racist
caption.
I wrote the media contact at Free Republic yesterday,
kristinn@bellatlantic.net, questioning the nature of the posters and
the site:
Hello. I am an independent writer developing a book
about the grassroots conservative movement online, of which your site,
Free Republic, is included as a primary online gathering place for
conservatives.
Could you please tell me how the owner of the site feels about posts like this one:
…in
which conservatives who post regularly at the site make several racist
statements about the 11-year-old daughter of President Obama for
wearing a t-shirt adorned with a peace symbol? Remarks included the
“We’re being represented by a family of ghetto trash.” “Looks like a bunch of ghetto thugs. A stain on America.”
“Looks like a typical street whore.”
“What
we now are sending the ghetto over to represent us. and if so who the
hell is that flea bag who looks to be dragged from the trash dumpster.”

“you could go down any ghetto right now and see exactly the same.”
“could
you imagine what world leaders must be thinking seeing this kind of
street trash and that we paid for this kind of street ghetto trash to
go over there”
“the world must be laughing like mad right now at that we have this kind of street trash in our white house.”
“Wonder when she will have her first abortion.”
“sad isn’t it that we now have ghetto street trash over there representing us in Europe.”
“This disgusting display makes me more and more eager for the revolution.
“They
make me sick… The whole family… mammy, pappy, the free loadin’
mammy-in-law, the misguided chillin’, and especially ‘lil cuz… This
is not the America I want representin’ my peeps.”
In addition,
the thread includes a picture of Michelle Obama speaking to her
daughter with the caption, “To Entertain Her Daughter, Michelle Obama
Likes to Make Monkey Sounds.”
Before you dismiss this as only a
minority of posters at the site, out of 100 posts on that thread I
found only 1 that criticized such remarks. This is not the first time I
have seen such an exhibition of blatant racism at Free Republic by
members who regularly post there.
(snip)

To: Jim Robinson
That just proves this site doesn’t put up with
crap comments like that if the post was pulled, while KOS not only
keeps crap like that up, they encourage it.
It isn’t what was said, it is how the sites deal with it that shows the difference.

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 11:56:31 AM
bymnehring

I do believe you’re right.
The thread at Freeperville wasrestored after being pulled “for review”.
Out of the mouths of babes…

To: Jim Robinson
I didn’t see the original thread butI have
been frequenting this site for years and have never seen that type of
stuff posted.
Is this for real?
I agree Jim. The kids didn’t pick their commie pinko pansy of a father. Nor did they choose to be put into the spotlight.
But Obama/Soetoro is fair game and so is his witch of a wife.

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 11:57:58 AM
byNoobRep

Apparently, NoobRep has been frequenting FR for years, but with his monitor turned off.

And now we have about twenty-five versions of “He pushed me first”, which I didn’t even let my kids get away with when they were five:

To: Jim Robinson
Yeah I’m sure the Daily Kooks removed every nasty thing said about Willow, Piper, Bristol, Track, and Trig Palin right

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 11:55:37 AM
bySarah Barracuda

To: Jim Robinson
Indeed.. I’ve never seen such love and devotion as was lavished on Trig and his dear Mom.
What a fine example of humanity they are.

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 11:57:53 AM
byxcamel
(The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. – H. L. Mencken)
Poor kids. I hope they’re not “punished with a baby”.
Hopefully they won’t deal cocaine like the Kenyan.

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 12:01:29 PM
byevets
(beer)

Then they get all paranoid:

To: Jim Robinson
I wonder if some of this was the work of Obama trolls intending to make FR look bad?

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 12:00:42 PM
byastounded
(The democrat party is a clear and present danger to America.)

Then they get nasty:

To: Jim Robinson
The truth is that conservatives do not know
the meaning of Jesus’ words despite how much they love to use them when
it suits their inner hatred of all those who are different. Worse, they
lack basic human decency, as they demonstrate time and again.
Yeah pal- but I’m Jewish. I’d rather remember the words of my sages:
If someone wakes up in the morning to kill you, wake up earlier and kill him first”
You people drew first blood.

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 12:01:25 PM
byNachum

I’ll just leave the irony of a Jew calling someone “you people” as an exercise for the reader…

p>And then – suddenly – one of them gets a clue, like awaking from a fever dream:

To: Jim Robinson
The recent uptick here in racist vitriol,
aimed at Barrack, Michelle and their children has made me wonder if I
belong. My objection to Obama has nothing to do with skin tone. Is the
ugly stereotype of Conservative racism true?

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 12:05:28 PM
byfullchroma
(I want my country back.)

Is it? Good question. Let’s ask the other posters in this thread:

To: cripplecreek
Not for nothing, But these things are said
constantly about Children of other politicans…Kids should be off
limits! 100%. Watching the left and Media try to destroy Sarah Palin
and her children..Including an infant with special needs..

I don’t feel much pitty(sic) for some bad comments on a blog you can
CHOOSE to read or not to read. .
I’m sick and tired of the LEFT telling me WHAT I CAN’T SAY.
Meanwhile they say the most dispicable(sic) things and claim FREE SPEACH(sic).
QUID PRO QUO my commie friends…

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 12:04:06 PM
byjakerobins

That’s a“Yes”.

To: allmendream
“Is that any better? To call the First Lady “ghetto”?”

You can also direct that statement to the black property owners/renters on Martha’s Vineyard.

posted onFriday, July 10, 2009 12:06:52 PM
byRebelbase
(Obama–POtuS.)

That’s a“Hell, yes!”.

To: norton

Ya know, I was born and raised in the city, as
diverse as one can be or as diverse a neighborhood can be and I’m so
sick of all this PC crap. Personally, I think it’s from people that
have no clue what it’s like to live in a freakin’ ghetto, yeah a
ghetto. Fortunately, the area in the city I grew up in wasn’t what it’s
like today. It was getting there, which is the reason I got out 20
years ago. But it was a ghetto of sorts. And today it’s much worse. And
many people got out which is why the city is what it is today. WTH
chooses to live like that?

I don’t give a damn if I’m called a racist or anything else…some
of us not only lived in the so called ghetto, we were able to WORK our
way out of it. And I’m damn tired of paying for those who don’t get up
off their asses and work. I don’t give a damn what color/race one is
but I know the so called minorities in this Country get a free pass on
some things.

509
posted onSaturday, July 11, 2009 1:06:19 AM
byTwink

And that’s a“Fuck yeah, and what’s it to ya??”.

More (and vintage) craziness after the jumparoonie…

Let’s see – what’s next?
ZOMG!! Obama is secretly controlling the stock market!!!!!‏

How is it that the stock market always seems to recover just before closing?

Posted onMonday, June 08, 2009 3:17:48 PM byE. Pluribus Unum
Is part of the Manchurian President’s stimulus plan manipulating the stock market?

Sigh.

Next, please…

Freepers swear by, then at, Rasmussen‏:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll (B.O. at +9, up 1 from yesterday)

Rasmussen ^

| 06/10/09
| Ras

Posted onWednesday, June 10, 2009 1:10:17 PM bySoFloFreeper
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday
shows that 38% of the nation’s voters now Strongly Approve of the way
that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Twenty-nine
percent (29%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval
Index rating of +9 (see trends). Republicans and Democrats are tied on
the Generic Congressional Ballot.

To: SoFloFreeper
Not to ask a stupid question, but, HOW IS THIS HAPPENING??? Is this for real?

posted onWednesday, June 10, 2009 1:11:59 PM
byGOPsterinMA
(Where can I take ‘Austrian’ lessons?

To: SoFloFreeper
So 38% of Americans are fascists?

posted onWednesday, June 10, 2009 1:12:44 PM
bycounterpunch
(In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.)

I think you guys are more like 23% of the population, but thanks for asking.

To: counterpunch
In my wildest dreams, I cannot imagine anyone who thinks Obama is doing a good job.

posted onWednesday, June 10, 2009 1:13:31 PM
byFree America52
(I just want it to be the way it always has been.)

To: GOPsterinMA
We can (and probably should) choose to ignore
polls like this, but I think it’s pretty clear that half the country
seriously has no objection to being ruled by a fascist oligarchy, so
long as that oligarchy continues to throw them their scraps.
We’re screwed.

posted onWednesday, June 10, 2009 1:14:20 PM
byZeddicus

That’s pretty funny, considering that every time Obama drops one point in this exact same poll, you guys start hooting and flinging your own feces for twenty duplicate threads.

What else we got?

Ah –Freepers and their collective sense of humour‏:

Republicans Need to Grow a Sense of Humor

bighollywood.breitbart.com – ^

| 16 June 2009
| Steven Crowder

Posted onWednesday, June 17, 2009 10:38:42 AM byAreaMan

Lonewolf Diaries: Republicans Need to Grow a Sense of Humor

Posted BySteven Crowder On June 16, 2009 @ 5:58 pm InFeatured Story, Lone Wolf Diaries |4 Comments

you’ve read correctly. To all of you GOP types playing the “offended”
card on a daily basis… Prepare to have your feelings hurt, because
according to my carefully calculated research… Republicans need to shut
up and laugh a little.
Never has the GOP’s lack of funnybone been
on sharper display than the last 5 months. For a party that claims to
“shun political correctness,” we’ve certainly done a good job of
embracing it. Over the past 150 days there have been three
“media-worthy” politically incorrect moments related to this
administration and Republicans have managed to jump on each one of them
for political gain. All to no avail. Let us examine:

You know – when someone on Breitbart tells you that the pearl-clutching and hanky-twisting is excessive, it’s definitely time to turn in your Man Card.

To: AreaMan
I think Republicans have a terrific sense of humor. Reagan in particular:

Um – Reagan doesn’t “have” anything. He’s dead as Duke Nukem.

“Mr. President, you have been in office for four years but have not had a summit with the Soviet Premier. Why is that?”
“I want to have one but they keep dying on me.”

posted onWednesday, June 17, 2009 10:42:09 AM
byhenkster
(The GOP is housebroken window-dressing displayed to portray the fiction of a Republic.)

Hoo boy! Wotta knee-slapper!

To: henkster
“My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you
I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing
begins in five minutes.” – Ronald Reagan

posted onWednesday, June 17, 2009 10:43:59 AM
bya fool in paradise
(There is no truth in the Pravda Media.)

Another classic from the rotting raconteur! Who could possibly think a full thermonuclear exchange would be anything but hilarious?? I’m sure these bozos would have laughed just as hard had Yuri Andropov cracked that same joke about the U.S..

To: skeeter
“Macaca!”

posted onWednesday, June 17, 2009 10:44:18 AM
bya fool in paradise
(There is no truth in the Pravda Media.)

That was a pants-wetter, too.

You know, I’m not sure if these guys realize that they’re making the OP’s point for him.

To: AreaMan
Ha-Ha-Ha! Fuh-Q Obama and Congress. How’s that?

posted onWednesday, June 17, 2009 10:46:06 AM
bybroken_arrow1
(I regret that I have but one life to give for my country – Nathan Hale Patriot)

Better, but try modifying it to “Haw-haw-haw”.
And then scratch your balls.

To: AreaMan
No, you lying leftist scumbags made humor a crime. Now you
get to
have it pointed out to you. Now run along and check your
work boots to see if your missing paycheck is in there.
You are a living hate crime in progress.

posted onWednesday, June 17, 2009 10:56:37 AM
bysoycd

Calling peple “scumbags” through gritted teeth, then accusingthemof hate??
We have a winner!!!

Ok – time for one more…

Guess who wishes Bush was back? Not Freepers!!‏

Guess Who Wishes Bush Was Back

Washington Post ^

| June 21, 2009
| David S. Broder

Posted onMonday, June 22, 2009 10:49:25 AM byRobinMasters
In a conversation the other day with a White House official, I heard
something I’d never expected from an employee of Barack Obama’s. “I
wish,” he said, “George Bush would speak up a little more.”
In
the five months since he left the presidency, Bush has immersed himself
in his memoir. He has stayed home in Texas and rarely spoken publicly.
The result has been that he has largely disappeared from the news and
— the point the Obama aide was making — pretty much has been
forgotten.
Bush’s silence has made it harder for Obama to keep
the public focused on Bush as being responsible for our present
difficulties — the weak economy, the unsettled wars, the scandals of
Guantanamo and the detainee program.

(Excerpt) Read more atwashingtonpost.com

To: RobinMasters
Interesting.
Bush popped out of the woodwork yesterday.
Right on cue…

posted onMonday, June 22, 2009 10:52:04 AM
bynull and void
(We are now in day 154 of our national holiday from reality.)

Who cued him?
Cheney?
Obama?

To: RobinMasters
Please, W, let Obama twist in the wind all by
his lonesome.
(…)

posted onMonday, June 22, 2009 10:54:24 AM
bysnarks_when_bored

To: RobinMasters
I genuinely hope that President Bush remain silent now and forevermore.If
he wasn’t a fighter when he was falsely and evily provoked, I wouldn’t
want to hear what he has to say now. It would surely be pathetically
neutral because that’s probably the most he could summon up to answer
his political enemies.
I believe he has a fighting spirit only
for enemy groups like the Taliban, Al Queda, the late Hussein’s army,
etc., not domestic enemies as individuals.
Let his surrogrates speak for him…and maybe he’ll be tough in the book he’s writing…when no one gives a damn anymore.
Leni

posted onMonday, June 22, 2009 10:59:30 AM
byMinuteGal
(Please Don’t Tell Obama What Comes After a Trillion!)

To: RobinMasters
Zip the lip, Bush.

posted onMonday, June 22, 2009 11:03:55 AM
byreagan_fanatic
(When you put Democrats in charge, stupid things happen)

Ok – this one’s the last – I promise!

Dubya blew up Iraq, and all I got was this lousy independence celebration‏!

Fireworks over Baghdad as Iraqis take over cities
Yahoo /AP ^| 06/29/2009 | KIM GAMEL and PATRICK QUINN

Posted onMonday, June 29, 2009 6:46:46 PM byEagleUSA
BAGHDAD – Iraqi forces assumed formal control of Baghdad and other
cities Tuesday after American troops handed over security in urban
areas in a defining step toward ending the U.S. combat role in the
country. A countdown clock broadcast on Iraqi TV ticked to zero as the
midnight deadline passed for U.S. combat troops to finish their
pullback to bases outside cities.
“The withdrawal of American troops is completed now from all cities
after everything they sacrificed for the sake of security,” said Sadiq
al-Rikabi, a senior adviser to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. “We are
now celebrating the restoration of sovereignty.”
The Pentagon did not offer any comment to mark the passing of the deadline.
Fireworks, not bombings, colored the Baghdad skyline late Monday, and
thousands attended a party in a park where singers performed patriotic
songs. Loudspeakers at police stations and military checkpoints played
recordings of similar tunes throughout the day, as Iraqi military
vehicles decorated with flowers and national flags patrolled the
capital.
“All of us are happy — Shiites, Sunnis and Kurds on this day,” Waleed
al-Bahadili said as he celebrated at the park. “The Americans harmed
and insulted us too much.”
Al-Maliki declared a public holiday and proclaimed June 30 as “National Sovereignty Day.”

(Excerpt) Read more atnews.yahoo.com

To: EagleUSA
They can fight for themselves next time, since we’re so evil.

2 posted onMonday, June 29, 2009 6:48:07 PM byHungarianGypsy

Got out of the wrong side of the hegemony this morning, did we?

To: EagleUSA
Waleed al-Bahadili said as he celebrated at the park. “The Americans harmed and insulted us too much.”

Well there is one guy who is grateful that Saddam is gone. /s
One has to wonder what chance the Iraqis would have rebelling against Saddam, compared to what the Iranians are looking at now.

3 posted onMonday, June 29, 2009 6:51:37 PM byMark was here (The earth is bipolar.)

Oh – you mean like when Bush 41 told the Iraqi people to rise up against Saddm, they did, and were promptly slaughtered? Like thatchance?

To: EagleUSA
“The Americans harmed and insulted us too much.”
You’re welcome. It was an honor for us to spend our way into bankruptcy for the priviledge of insulting you.

5 posted onMonday, June 29, 2009 7:08:23 PM byRiodacat (Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus.)

To: EagleUSA
“The Americans harmed and insulted us too much.”
Frak you. Next time call the French, not us.

6 posted onMonday, June 29, 2009 7:14:23 PM byDomandred (Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.)

TheFrench blow up other countries’ infastructure and waterboard the survivors? Who knew?

Well, that’s more than enough for this week. Everyone check their iso suits for leaks before we hit the bleach sprays – VirgoTex has a nifty blond stripe in her hair now – it’s cute, but unintentional.

Ta!

4 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession With The Freeperati – Potpurri edition

1. Athenae says:

As we all know, there is nobody less racist than someone who fled “the old neighborhood” when black people moved in.

2. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Tommy T–
    I’m sure you know by now that the Freeperati have finally vanquished the Great Orange Satan. I’m guessing you just haven’t had time to research the gory details. It seems to have started Sunday with an interminable sequence of breathless announcements by someone who seems to think thenom de plume “joinedafterattack” makes him a tough guy.

Bombshell coming about Daily Kos in the morning. Stay tuned…
    Research complete. Going to bed and will post bombshell on this dailykos Obama kids controversy. This will be HUGE win for Freepers. Stay tuned…
    Attention all Freepers and lurkers. At 8:30am PDT I will post bombshell information on the Daily Kos and the recent article in the Vancouver Sun regarding FreeRepublic. Tune in at 8:30. This will be a MASSIVE call to action and all Freepers will be needed to get the word out to the MSM and in particular David Shuster of MSNBC.

There followed endless speculation in the comments about how DKos would be brought down.
    Alas, it turns out the HUGE (cap-lock on, check) win turns out to be the amazing fact that some reporter for the Vancouver Sun, named Chris Parry, may or may not have posted comments at DKos under thenom de plume of “hollywoodOz”. Yawn..
    Nonetheless, I look forward to your astute analysis of the demise of DKos at some point in the future.
    –Kibitzer

3. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Sorry to clutter up your comments, but I simply can’t resist–it’s becoming an obsession :).
    The issue started with an Army Major trying to refuse deployment because Obama is not a legitimate President(birthers unite).
    But the fun starts at about comment #70, where the insightful legal minds of the Freepi collide on what happens when Obama is declared illegitimate (by the US Supreme Court, God, or some random Freep–not clear which).
    Perhaps the median in terms of legal analysis is comment #91:

To: JohnEBoy
    This was all discussed on lengthy earlier threads…
    If obambi is ruled out as president his selection of Plugs is also void…
    Default is to reconvene the electoral voters with obambi/biden stricken from consideration.
    Viola…welcome to the McCain/Palin administration.
    I guess this is why Palin resigned.[Kibitzer note: because obviously she couldn’t be declared Vice President if she hadn’t already resigned as Governor.]
    91 posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:13:33 AM by spokeshave (USA #1; Pirates -3…Voting them all out of office would be a sufficient pay cut)

Jeff Sessions would be proud.
    –Kibitzer

4. Tommy T says:

Kibitzer – I just checked. The Great Orange Satan still lives!!
    I can’t understand what’s delaying the bombshell.
    Tommy