Friday Ferretblogging: Wrasslin’ Edition

Dingo Smackdown Fall ’09: Puck vs. Bucky! Place your bets, gentlemen and ladies!

They do this all morning long. Usually Bucky starts it but sometimes Puck avenges some slight from the day before and just races across the room to pile-drive his brother, and then it’s all tugging on ears and passive-aggressively rolling around next to each other and flicking tails in one another’s faces all “I’m not touching you! I’m not touching you! I’m not touching you!”

7 thoughts on “Friday Ferretblogging: Wrasslin’ Edition

1. liprap says:

Love that couple of seconds nearly two minutes in of a breather for them both and then THEY’RE AT IT AGAIN FERRET TUSSLE!!!!!
    They also sound like squeaky toys.

Hilarious. I still say I’d have trouble deciding when it is “play” and when it is getting too serious.
    I’ve heard audio clips of ferrets wrestling, and its hilarioius.

3. Athenae says:

Maple, their tails aren’t puffed up. If they had puffed up their tails, and were much, much, much louder, I’d break it up. They rarely get to that point.
    I also tend to intervene if one is relentlessly chasing another as the other runs away. If Puck wants to be left alone he’ll skedaddle but sometimes Riot and Bucky won’t take no for an answer.

when draft socks fight. cat fight are a lot noisier.

5. The Crapture says:

pansypoo: too right, my two grown-up girls Spooky and Tonya are going through a little phase right now where they seem very VERY short tempered with each other, i think i may have to upgrade from squirt bottle to the Mutual of Omaha tranquilizer gun when the next bout of hissing and clawing breaks out because i came home to find fur tufts in various corners of the room and both of them with the outer shells of each other’s claws lodged in their coats…and my two young Meezers like to do their wrasslin’ in the bathtub, so there is always about 100 decibels worth of extra kitty noise than i can handle at 2AM

go for male female pairs. much less fighting and nookie attempts are hilarious.

7. VictoriaB says:

So where is Riot while this ferrety contest is in progress? Does he wait his turn or does he sleep through it all?
    Peace, V.