Sick, Amoral, Disgusting, Compassionless Penile Implant of a Human Being

I hate everything today:

Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer has compared giving people government assistance to “feeding stray animals.”

Bauer, who is running for the Republican nomination for governor,
made his remarks during a town hall meeting in Fountain Inn that
included state lawmakers and about 115 residents.

“My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as
a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they
breed. You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a
person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that
don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is
you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any
better,” Bauer said.

In South Carolina, 58 percent of students participate in the free and reduced-price lunch program.

First, your grandmother would kick your ass for calling her an ignorant hick in front of a bunch of other ignorant hicks.

Second, as has become usual in cases of total dickheadedness, this guy is going to get nailed for what David Brooks and Megan McArdle will say much more politely to great applause and praise for reasonableness, but that doesn’t make it any less monstrous that he said it.

Third, POOR CHILDREN ARE NOT DOGS JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

But let’s talk about stray animals a sec. Let’s spin this analogy out to its end. Since he went there, let’s fucking go there. Because yeah, if you put out a feeding trough and let every cat and raccoon and whatever just come on over and chow down, you’re going to get fat lazy animals breeding like mad and pawing at your door for more, more, more all the time.

Or as we call it in the reality-based community, the Pentagon.

So if we’re gonna talk about stray animals, Governor (dear God, and I know it’s South Carolina, it’s still America and that’s not okay) let’s talk about stray animals. Let’s talk about all the ones hanging around the doors of CONGRESS, looking for their handouts, breeding like mad, and never going away.

—–

17 thoughts on “Sick, Amoral, Disgusting, Compassionless Penile Implant of a Human Being

1. escariot says:

Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer being offered a job at Fox News in three…two…one

2. Silver Owl says:

LOL! Today’s republican men should refrain from speaking they never fail to sound like antisocial homicidal assholes bragging about what great murdering dictators they would be. They are too fucking stupid to correct their own issues.
    Notice he does not mind depending on the government for his living. lol It always works that way with republicans. They hate government but are the first to want to be in government.

3. Amy Eisenman says:

What a loathsome human being.

what a fine christian man. who needs the new testament anyways.

5. karen marie says:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!1!
    My computer was hacked in the wee hours of the morning by a rogue anti-virus program, “Internet Security 2010.”
    Don’t let it happen to you or your friends, and if it does be aware of how to handle it.

6. virgotex says:

Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, aka Mr. Why Mark Sanford Didn’t Get Impeached.

7. Doc says:

Isn’t this the state where the constitution says all kids are guaranteed a “minimally adequate” education? I guess this is what happens when those minimally adequate kids grow up and take office.

8. mothra says:

Sad thing is that there were likely a LOT of people nodding and agreeing with him.

9. serge says:

virgotex says it best. Bauer is one of the top reasons Sanford wasn’t impeached down here.
    The dim-bulb assholes who wait their turns to feed at the state house trough represent an almost endless line. As difficult as it may be to wrap your heads around the idea, politicians in SC are doubling down on the dumb.
    The birdcage liner here in Charleston probably makes no mention of Bauer’s uber-gaffe. I don’t know; I won’t read it.

10. montag says:

Ah, well, Bauer sounds as if he’ll be a worthy successor to Sanford.
    After all, South Carolina has a reputation to maintain…

11. Robert Earle says:

Karen Marie –
    I got hit by it twice over the last ten days, and both time I ended up having to re-install my operating system (Windows XP SP3). And it doesn’t matter if you actually click on the ‘install’; by the time you see that prompt, you already have it (though clicking it may make things worse… I didn’t click it).
    More good news – the simple ‘delete the file’ suggestion at the link you posted won’t work…at least not for XP. I don’t know if the software they want you to download would work or not. I have read through the ‘chat thread’ that Symantec has up for it, and as of Friday, nobody there – including the Symantec guy monitoring the thread – knew how to remove it. So I’m sceptical.
    I’m pretty good at manually removing viruses, worms, etc., and I couldn’t beat it. It is *nasty*.

12. Interrobang says:

His grandmother was ignorant and compassionless, and he’s carrying on the proud family tradition.

13. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

I had one like that on my work computer some months back, our IT guy was all “This is a BAAAAAD one!” Ugh! They had to scrub my drive and reload everything.
    🙁

perpetuating ignorance since 1865.

Doc said “Isn’t this the state where the constitution says all kids are guaranteed a “minimally adequate” education?”
    From a straight social management perspective, if someone is in a lower socioeconomic class, the society improves by elevating them to a higher level of status / functioning. The society of the future benefits by providing a better education with the opportunities for advancement. Having adequate nutrition allows them to take advantage of education and it helps them avoid the detriments of poor nutrition.
    Very basic to this, is building the self perception that they CAN do it.
    How does calling them stray dogs help them along this route?

Of course, I’m ignoring the neocon approach:
    Kick them in the teeth
    Then criticize them for their poor dentition.

17. Tommy T says:

The dumbfuck tried to walk it back, but just ended up digging his hole deeper:
    Bauer said Monday that he regrets his choice of words but that government should expect welfare recipients to try to better themselves. He wants to require them to take drug tests and attend parent-teacher conferences if they have children in school.
    A child of divorce who benefited from free lunches himself, Bauer insisted he wasn’t bad-mouthing people laid off from work in the recession or advocating taking food from children, but rather emphasizing the need to break the cycle of dependency.
    “Do I wish I’d used a different metaphor? Of course I do,” the 40-year-old said. “I didn’t intend to offend anyone.”
    Asswipe.