Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Palin and pals, Edition IV

Good morning everyone! We’ve been neglecting Our Sarah lately for theWicked Witch Of The East, so let’s suit up, start the blowers, and see how the Sage Of Wasilla is faring on Free Republic these days.

Here we go!

Anyone rememberthis?

This photo of U.S. President Barrack Obama’s daughter Malia, wearing a peace-symbol t-shirt touched off a storm of epithet-laced comments on the conservative ‘Free Republic’ blog

“A typical street whore.” “A bunch of ghetto thugs.” “Ghetto street trash.” “Wonder when she will get her first abortion.”

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative ‘Free Republic’ blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama’s 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

The thread was accompanied by a photo of Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that featured the caption, “To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds.”

Though this may sound like the sort of thing one might read on an Aryan Nation or white power website, they actually appeared on what is commonly considered one of the prime online locations for U.S. Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing – and for a short time, the comments seemed to have the okay of site administrators.

Well, I guess that this kind of thing only applies if it’s Obama’s kids.

Bristol Palin in Dancing with the Stars

This thread has been pulled.
Pulled on 08/26/2010 6:23:16 PM PDT by Admin Moderator, reason:

Leave the kids alone.

Diddums.

I applaud the Moderator’s newfound moral relativism.

But you can’t keep a good thread down…

Bristol Palin to compete on “Dancing with the Stars”
Fox News ^ | 08-31-10 | Associated Press

Posted onTuesday, August 31, 2010 10:14:02 AM byRedPriest73

The mother of “The Brady Bunch,” a former NFL quarterback, one of the self-proclaimed “guidos” from “Jersey Shore” and the daughter of Sarah Palin are among the celebrities who will cha-cha-cha on the 11th season of “Dancing with the Stars.”

Not sure how I feel about this…
1 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:14:05 AM byRedPriest73

Maybe since FOX snooze talked about it the onus is off?

To: RedPriest73

When are the gay activists going to target “Dancing With The Stars” so that we see same sex couples dancing? Don’t they have a rule that all couples must be boy/girl?

The gay activists successfully pressured “The Today Show” to include same-sex couples in a wedding contest. So I would expect that they will eventually target a show such as this, which has an “irrational, archaic” assumption that couples are opposite sex.

2 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:16:13 AM byDilbert San Diego
Wtf3
To: RedPriest73

Ugh! Sorry folks, this is a bad idea!

6 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:18:26 AM bypoobear (“The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes.” — Thomas Paine)
To: RedPriest73

Living off her mom’s fame…shouldn’t she be signing up for classes at a junior college at this point in her life?

And who’s going to take care of her baby while she’s doing all the practice needed for this show?

Nice priorities…

12 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:20:04 AM byteg_76
NicePriorities
To: TexasCajun

You know, I watched this show for one season, and found it moderately entertaining.

Now I think it is inane.

So is the idea of Ms. Palin appearing on the show.

Really stupid and bad idea.

Sorry.

14 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:23:02 AM byRexBeach
To: teg_76
Living off her mom’s fame…

She wouldn’t have been considered at all had she not also, quite publicly, had a child out of wedlock.

18 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:27:38 AM byr9etb
At least she didn’t conceive it on a “Satanic Altar”.
To: TexasCajun

My concern is that she (and her family by extension) may be seen as publicity mongers…

20 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:29:48 AM byRedPriest73
Heaven forbid.
To: RED SOUTH
You folks need to leave the girl alone. She is not Sarah and has the right to live her own life.

And we have a right to note that this is a show based on the idea of watching celebrities dance, and to wonder what makes Bristol Palin a “celebrity.”

Well, that’s pretty obvious, isn’t it? It’s because she’s the unwed mother of Sarah Palin’s grandchild. Being Sarah Palin’s kid is not sufficient. Being an unwed mother is not sufficient. But both…? It’s the combination makes her a celebrity.

A girl with any sense of propriety might wish to avoid that sort of attention.

34 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:42:42 AM byr9etb
JennaBushDrunk
To: RedPriest73
I know how I feel about it…how can Sarah ask for privacy of her children when this one is such an opportunist on her Mother’s coattails?

If she were any other unwed mother, cheated on by her live-in boyfriend, she would be working at the 7-11 and her Mother would be at home watching the baby!

I guess this is what a Mama Grizzlie does for her cubs?

37 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:47:01 AM bynot2worry (WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND)
To: RED SOUTH
Atleast she’s not blogging for the left living off of her daddie’s failed run for the Presidency.

No, she’s making a living off her mommy’s failed run for the vice-presidency.

44 posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:53:49 AM byNon-Sequitur
Ouchie.
More Palin-y goodness after the jumpsilla

What’s next?
Ah –Sarah Palin’s big butt !‏
Megyn Kelly Asks Guests: Should Sarah Palin Actually ‘Butt Out’ Of Primaries?
Mediaite ^ | 8/12/10 | staff

Posted onThursday, August 12, 2010 4:18:43 PM bypissant

Is the Sarah Palin backlash beginning? Unlikely, but this remark from Rep. Jack Kingston on “America’s Morning News” radio show this morning is further evidence that the GOP is far from united behind the former Gov. of Alaska. Kingston told the hosts that he wished Palin would “butt out of primary races” because “what she is doing is dividing the Republican party at a time when we don’t need to be divided.”

Of course, one might argue it’s that very division that Palin has used to her best advantage. Or that she has done a good job creating the perception she has this influence by picking strong candidates. Either way, she’s getting credit for both. Meanwhile, Kingston also wondered why Palin “felt compelled to get into primaries all over the country” though I think the answer to that is obvious: where else could she wield her Facebook power? Kingston’s remarks come on the heels of Tuesday’s primary in which the Georgia candidate Palin backed lost (that said her batting average was pretty impressive).
And then pissant displays every Frereper’s deep political insight and the thing that drives their political views and decisions:
I don’t care one way or another. Just an excuse to post a pic of Megyn…

1 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:18:48 PM bypissant
To: pissant

In some ways I wish it was the gop not the dems who would get utterly destroyed in November.

I’ll drink to that!

The gop are a bunch of go-alongs when that is a dangerous thing right now. No spines, no guts, only coming around to the tea party when even the media had to start admitting the tea party was effective.

FU*& the Gop,

Palin 2012.

10 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:25:17 PM bytoddausauras
To: pissant

She’s culling the RINO herd. Doing the job the GOP “leadership” refuses to to do.

13 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:26:05 PM byjimbo123
TeaPartyMonster
To: pissant

Megyn is certainly a keeper, but my favorite Fox babe is Patti Ann Brown.

20 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:31:47 PM bytaillightchaser
Who says these guys aren’t serious about governing?
To: pissant

Megyn is more qualified than Sarah.

24 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:33:44 PM byHospiceNurse
Ouchieotra vez.
To: HospiceNurse

They’re both qualified and they’re both hot lol.

29 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:36:22 PM byrbmillerjr (A loud band of PaulBots, Isolationists, Protectionists, 911Inside Jobnuts, 3rdParty Loud Irrelevants)
Do you boys ever doany thinking with the other head, or is it on injured reserve?
To: taillightchaser
Differences between Patti Ann and Megyn–

Both are beautiful and keepers. Patti Ann is a soft beauty, girl next door type. Megyn is polished and super model beautiful.

JMO

vaudine

34 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:40:11 PM byvaudine
Forget I asked.
To: paulycy
A few of my FavsPhotobucket
40 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:44:27 PM bykeypro (Ducksnorts)
To: vaudine

Let’s face it, all the Fox babes are keepers.

46 posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:51:36 PM bytaillightchaser
Keepers.
Think about that for a second.
Wingnuts class women as “keepers” I guess the others are “disposables”
This, of course, explains Newt Gingrich.
Well, enough of that.
Let’s finish off with – Truth hurts, don’t it, boys?‏
The Transformation of the American Conservative Movement into Fascism (MEGABARF!!)
VeteransToday ^ | 8-10-2010 | Max Blumenthal

Posted onFriday, August 27, 2010 2:46:16 PM bytcrlaf

I am not sure when I first detected the noxious fumes that would envelop the conservative movement in the Obama era.

It might have been early on, in April 2009, when I visited a series of gun shows in rural California and Nevada.

Perusing tables piled high with high-caliber semi-automatic weapons and chatting with anyone in my vicinity, I heard urgent warnings of mass roundups, concentration camps, and a socialist government in Washington. “These people that are purchasing these guns are people that are worried about what’s going on in this country,” a gun dealer told me outside a show in Reno. “Good luck Obama,” a young gun enthusiast remarked to me. “We outnumber him 100 to 1.” At this time, the Tea Party movement had not even registered on the national media’s radar.

In September 2009, I led a panel discussion about this book inside an auditorium filled with nearly 100 students and faculty at the University of California-Riverside. Beside me sat Jonathan Walton, an African-American professor of religious studies and prolific writer, and Mark Takano, an erudite, openly gay former Democratic congressional candidate and local community college trustee.

In the middle of our discussion, a dozen College Republicans stormed the front of the stage with signs denouncing me as a “left-wing hack” while a hysterical young man leaped from the crowd, blowing kisses mockingly at Takano while heckling Walton as a “racist.” Afterward, university police officers insisted on escorting me to my ride after the right-wing heckler attempted to follow me as he shouted threats.

snip…

My encounter with this aggressive right-wing cadre seemed a strange, isolated event. But the hostility turned out to be symptomatic of the intensifying campaign to delegitimize President Obama and his allies in Congress. The Right’s days of rage were only beginning.

1 posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 2:46:20 PM bytcrlaf
To: tcrlaf

What’s interesting is that they seem to have no clue what fascism means.

I presume these are college educatedjouranlists.

13 posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 2:55:50 PM byPessimist
JesusWept

I love the Commodean.
To: tcrlaf

Behold, a Nazi smells the stink of his own antisemitism, andthinks it’s coming from the Jews.

Frowning takes 68 muscles.
Smiling takes 6.
Pulling this trigger takes 2.
I’m lazy.

28 posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 3:08:26 PM byThe Comedian (Evil can only succeed if good men don’t point at it and laugh.)
See?
To: tcrlaf

Kid, we’ll show you “fascism”

39 posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 3:44:00 PM byHiTech RedNeck (I am in America but not of America (per bible: am in the world but not of it))
Of that I have no doubt.
Everyone play nice in the sandbox, and …
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATHENAE!!!!!
Tagged , , ,

5 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Palin and pals, Edition IV

1. Athenae says:

Right, she should be a loser because her boyfriend sucks and her mom’s an asshole, and it’s her duty to be very ashamed of herself. God. Bristol, come over to my house. I have brownies.
    Thanks, Tommykins. 🙂

The big problem in both the Obama- and Palin- daughter threads is that a sense of decency and privacy is gone.
    For decades, the stars have cultivated publicity with us gushing on their every breath. Now the foreseeable end point is us also not only invading their children, but also using their children as a proxy upon which to vent our thoughts of their parents. (Admittedly though, Palin is doing a very public action while the Obamas have put a lot of effort into preserving privacy.)
    And as far as fashion, wearing a t-shirt with a peace symbol? Seems kind of retro to me, but rather natural for a pre-teen.

I’ve never understood that the gun show folks object to background checks at gun shows.
    If I were, to use a stereotype, running drugs in NYC, do you think I wouldn’t know that I could drive to a gun show and get enough guns to arm my organization?

4. MaryRC says:

That pic of Megyn Kelly – photoshopped? Or is her head just twice as big as everyone else’s?

5. Tommy T says:

Go read the whole thing 🙂
    –Kibitzer
    Have I been doing this for that long?
    OMG.