Not That It Is News That Rick Santorum is a Fuckstick

But he just pretty much declared all childless (or childfree) marriages invalid in the eyes of God:

Still, he defended his position to keep marriage a union between a man and a woman: “Because I believe we are made the way God made man and woman and man and woman come together to have a union to produce children which keeps civilization going and provide the best environment for children to be raised,” Santorum said. “I think that is something society should value and should give privileged status over a group of people who want to have a relationship together.”

Fuckmook. Should people be fertility-tested prior to marriage, then? Let’s have the state do that! Unless your DNA is compatible and your breeding capabilities are verified, you are not allowed to marry, or mate. There could be, like, large laboratories all over the country and everybody could be subjected to mandatory testing upon the onset of puberty. Of course, fertility at one point in one’s life is not fertility forever, so there would have to be ongoing monitoring, say, every year?

There’s no way that could ever go wrong.

15 thoughts on “Not That It Is News That Rick Santorum is a Fuckstick

1. montag says:

Looks as if li’l Ricky is trying to get into the history books as both evil and stupid.
    He’s pretty much proved the latter and is working hard on the former.

2. CZHA says:

Idiot.

3. robertearle says:

Don’t just stop there. Any and all non-married but fertile people should be required to get married and start procreating ASAP. Or God might get pissed off.

4. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

Hey, Frothy… Adam & Eve weren’t married… And if children were only supposed to be the product of ‘married’ couples, why does Gahd allow them to happen w/o marriage?!??
    Idiot xtian Taliban leader wannabe.

5. Linkmeister says:

There have been a fair number of dystopic novels and movies based on the premise Santorum is suggesting there. “Logan’s Run.” “The Handmaid’s Tale.”

6. Bella says:

Infertile and, thus, my heterosexual marriage of 14 years is invalid! Thanks for sharing, Rick. That’s the kind of thing that helps to ease the pain, for sure.
    I mean, not that I give a damn what Frothy Mixture thinks, but I’ve endured a good decade of intrusive bullshit and guilt-tripping on the whole lack of kids thing — not to mention my own personal disappointment and sadness — and I’ve kind of hit the wall with this.

7. Snarki, child of Loki says:

Go ahead, lil’ Ricky, propose a law that bans post-menopausal women from marrying, or that automatically dissolves their marriages once they hit menopause. I’m sure Newt will sign on to that idea.
    But first you get to explain it to your MOM.

8. serge says:

Ultimately, I think, the frothy mixmaster wants us all to become Catholic. To the church, marital sex is for one reason only: procreation. Fuck pleasure (no pun int’d). He’s just spewing hard-line Catholic beliefs regarding a ban on “family planning” (which most Catholics don’t give a flippin’ fart about). Give us more kids! They aren’t much different from the Mormons in that regard.
    Funny how they got together in California…

9. FeralLiberal says:

It’s a fact that as many as half of all fertilized eggs never reach maturity for one reason or another, in the vast majority of cases a woman doesn’t even know there is a fertilized egg in her body. This is how God made man and woman, Ricky, so obviously God wants the majority of fertile eggs aborted.

10. PurpleGirl says:

CZHA:To ensure that marriages are productive unions between a man and a woman, all prospective married couples should demonstrate their fertility before being allowed to marry.
    If I remember my history classes correctly, this was a practice among the Puritans in New England. Couples would sleep together to see if the woman got pregnant so as to be sure the marriage would be fruitful.

i guess my great-aunt’s 5 marriages were invalid, tho only 2 or 3 were when she could have born spawn. include george washington’s to martha. and all my eggs being unused.

12. Maitri says:

Wait until we’re forced to reproduce watched over by “Life Panels.”

13. Maitri says:

I also think Santorum is being pushed out front and allowed to babble on like this because it comparatively makes Romney looks sane and liberal to the swing voters.

So isn’t Santorum arguing that homosexual couples should be adopting??

15. Callylanny says:

purchasehandbags designer cheap2012 fake for more detailhigh quality replica , for special offer