“I’m not like other people – pain HURTS me.”

No post this week, folks – RSI issue (apparently called “mouse finger”) on my right index.

I was going to take this week off anyway, and this just made it vital instead of a vacation.

Yes, I know – people everywhere are going through REAL medical isses – horrors that make mine look like a – well, a sore knuckle joint, but that’s hard to internalize when you can’t unbutton your own jeans,

Fortunately, Barbara has the mothering instincts of the best of us, and the patience to put up with my whining.

Back next Monday, promise.

Here’s the BrilloBeast next to her namesake.

Brillo2

Tagged ,

8 thoughts on ““I’m not like other people – pain HURTS me.”

1. Andrew Abshier says:

As a consolation prize, LiePar Destin at the GOS has been plumbing the depths of Teh Stupid in the wake of the bear hug of the President in Ft. Pierce:
    As usual, the butthurt results in salty tears of impotent rage.

2. Breny says:

You deserve a break. I’m a little politically hungover after last week anyway. Need to catch my breath.
    Rest your finger and enjoy your posting vacation.

3. Athenae says:

Feel better, Tommy!
    And if it helps, most of the Freepi will still be trying to figure out how to unbutton their own jeans when you come back!

mouse finger?

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND DO ***NOT*** ANSWER THIS.
    Repetative stress injury got a lot of people before the computer age (like Carpal Tunnel). While mouse finger is well established, unfortunately it sounds too cute and people don’t know what it is. If you compare it to the cousin, Carpal Tunnel(related only an RSI involing another set of nearby tendons and fibers on the front of the wrist) almost anyone will recognize the name and understand as they know someone who has had it, had to put their wrist in a brace for several months and even after that avoid certain activities and wear a brace for others).
    Let it rest in the early stages and you can avoid a lot later.

6. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Get better, Tommy.
    For those who are up to it, it’s worth wandering around South Freepistan and checking out the various responses to Obama’s ~5 point lead in all the big polls. The Freepi are still a bit stunned, so it should be safe enough for now, even without a guide.

Rush said something about the poll thing today and others are saying how skewed these polls are…which in essence makes them unreliable and FALSE.
    I personally, don’t believe Obama is winning anything and that is why so many MSM reports are now claiming he is. Not gonna happen…he’s a goner.
    6 posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 6:16:32 PM by Lucky9teen (Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.~Thomas Jeffer)

Yep, all that science stuff just confuses you. Pay no attention until Nov. 7.

Hmmmm.
    If Mittens is really pulling numbers like 54-40% among independents, the Zero people are going to need a change of underwear.
    Maybe they are seeing numbers like that. It might explain this avalanche of pro-0bama polls, as the Zero campaign calls in all its MSM favors, and asks for skewed polls in order to try to move that number away from Mitty and back towards Zero, as they try to spin a perception that Zero is winning when he’s really getting clobbered.
    19 posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 6:39:21 PM by mojito
    [ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I guess that would explain theRasmussen tracking poll: O d. R, 50 – 45%. Obama just called up Scott and asked for a skewed poll.

When I see a CNN poll where they report a poll sayiong that we did a sample 33% Independents, 33% Dems, 33% GOP and 1% minor parties and it gives an favorable number to Obama…then I’ll believe it… but the polling data is always in the D favor.. so it is BS!!
    31 posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 6:58:07 PM by ExCTCitizen (Yes, Obama, I had help with my business. MY CUSTOMERS!)

Hmmm… Maybe there are more Democrats? Maybe they should do a poll where they sample 50% Obama supporters and 50% Romney supporters. That’s it. That would be a truly fair poll.

It seems that every poll I see samples Dems in greater numbers than Republicans. Is there a reason for this other than to make Dems look stronger?
    4 posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 5:05:43 PM by RightOnTheBorder

I thought we just covered that. Pay attention.
    Or, if you don’t like the results, just make stuff up:

Mitt Romney five percent lead by unskewed Gallup poll data
    Examiner.com ^ | 9-10-12 | Dean Chambers
    Posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 4:53:50 PM by tellw
    The Gallup seven day tracking poll of the presidential race released today shows Mitt Romney behind President Obama by a 49 percent to 44 margin. The seven day tracking poll of 3050 registered voters, that has a margin of error of 2.0 percent, samples Democrats by about a 8 percent margin based on calculations from the reported data. If the data is properly weighted for the partisan makeup of the electorate, the data from this poll unskewed would show a Romney lead of 49 percent to 44. By skewing the poll, it gives Obama a five point lead instead of showing Romney leading by the same total.

That makes sense. What? The theoretically possible, but hitherto never spotted, Freepus Sapiens makes an appearance:

I don’t buy this one. You can’t cherry pick Rasmussen’s partisan breakdown and use it to re-adjust Gallup’s numbers, while rejecting the Rasmussen poll at the same time.
    6 posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 5:09:45 PM by Arthurio

That’s just wierd. I must be hallucinating. I’m getting out of here.
    –Kibitzer

@kibbitzer, wouldn’t the November election just be another fancy poll? With reputable pollsters taking pains to get a representative sample, the elections are fully stacked as a skewed sample of only those who show up at the polls. Now add in all the repub smoke and mirrors of ACORN, illegal aliens clammoring over the border to skew the elections, etc. đŸ˜‰
    Reminds me of when I lived in Columbia, SC where amid the widely distributed cries of “he’s not my president” there was a fellow Ham (and whose job was as an expert in accounting) who went around saying (repeatedly) that he knows that Clinton didn’t get all those votes in SC as he had never met anyone yet who said that they voted for Clinton.
    In all seriousness, Maddow had a graph that covered up to the second day of the Dem convention. Basically showed Romney and Obama flat through the RNC (no convention bounce – a rather damning lack of show-of-support) but Obama getting a bounce and Romney dropping in the 1st 2 days of Charlotte.

8. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Maplestreet–
    There you go. All we have to do is make sure that the polls are skewed on Nov. 6. The experts call that “turnout”.
    –Kibitzer