Weekend Question Thread

If you could go to any fictional place, where would you go?

I should say 221B Baker Street but truly I’ve always thought pre-Game of Thrones Winterfell kicked ass.

12 thoughts on “Weekend Question Thread

1. Hobbes says:

Yeah, I’m going to jump on the Lord of the Rings bandwagon and say somewhere in the Shire to get fucked up with some hobbits.

2. MichaelF says:

Not that I’m really into science fiction, but I could definitely see the utility of something like a holodeck.

3. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

Hogwarts…of course…but only when I’m not having a stay at Blandings Castle (Wodehouse) or popping in on Flavia at Buckshaw…

4. Ariel says:

The Weasley home during the holidays… the chaos of food, family, friends and laughter mixed with a bit of magic is my idea of a great day. If I am there Molly will have a monogrammed sweater for me, right? Happy Christmas!

5. joel hanes says:

Cerin Amroth

6. adrastos says:

I’d like to wander into Quark’s Bar on Deep Space 9 as long as they don’t make me eat Klingon food. I like my vittles dead.

7. Diana says:

Ankh-Morpork, or Nessus (maybe the House Absolute?(
    so many to choose from…

I’m with you MichaelF. Just think of being able to live your deepest fantasies.
    To reply to the question, I tend to be a fan of nature from geology to flora and fauna. There are so many places that I would love to see. (And for that matter, if the places became popular, attracting too many folks could very well destroy what makes them unique in the first place).

9. m says:

“Toon Town” from “…Roger Rabbit”. Nothing but constant mayhem, and nobody ever gets hurt.
    Wait, does this question mean permanently, or just a short visit? Because on a permanent level Heaven sounds kind of nice. Cuz “Heaven is in your mind”, so I can dream up new places at will.

gotta go w/ the tardis.

11. BlackSheep0ne says:

Oh, Honor Harrington’s homeworld. Now, to decide whether that means Sphinx, where the Treecats began, or Grayson, where they’ve invaded …

12. M31 says:

Beorn’s house in the Hobbit. Tiny ponies bring you clotted cream, bread, and mead? Oh yes.