Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Ups and Downs edition

OK, people – I’m back!

First up – down like a clown!

FR is nearly unusable
7/29/2017 | self

Posted on 7/29/2017, 5:33:27 PM by djf

Sorry I have to say this. But FR has become nearly unusable these days.

But no more. I don’t know how many times lately, I have hit refresh or picked a new thread only to wait and wait and wait and then I give up and go to another site.

The powers that be recommend limiting your window options to twenty. My reply is, if that’s the problem, the just taking the option away and making it twenty should be the solution.

And I know about DOS attacks – they can easily be filtered by a front-end server – so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Anyways, whatever it is, it’s getting series. And Hugh!

1 posted on 7/29/2017, 5:33:27 PM by djf
And now, for the instant and indignant “JimRob can do no wrong / ban him” response!
To: djf

But don’t forget to donate to the freepathon. /s

3 posted on7/29/2017, 5:35:42 PM by steel_resolve (And an angel still rides in the whirlwind and directs this storm)

Oops.
To: steel_resolve

I am ongoing contributed(sic), doesn’t give me better, more consistent access or info.

6 posted on 7/29/2017, 5:37:06 PM by Reno89519 (Drain the Swamp is not party specific. Lyn’ Ted is still a liar, Good riddance to him.)
To: canalabamian

This started the day Electoral College voted it has been unstable since is FR under some kind of ongoing cyberattack?

10 posted on 7/29/2017, 5:40:14 PM by gibsonguy

Yeah.
That’s it.
A cyberattack.
To: djf
“You used to have a feeling that within 30 seconds to a minute, your page would be resolved and loaded.”
I do this kinda stuff for a living. A lightweight site like this should load in ONE second, tops.

I warned FR not to hire Awan.

14 posted on 7/29/2017, 5:42:12 PM by BuddhaBrown (Path to enlightenment: Four right turns, then go straight until you see the Light!)

And where the hell are the JR-humpers, anyway?
To: djf

Well, the EarlyBird gets the….Oh, never mind.

9 posted on 7/29/2017, 5:39:45 PM by Engraved-on-His-hands

Oh come on – you can say it –  ZOT!!!
To: djf
It seems to be sporadic. I wanted to post a thread this morning, and gave up and went and did some errands. I was able to easily post the thread when I returned.

But for most of yesterday, FR was slower than Mitch McConnell advancing a conservative agenda.

21 posted on 7/29/2017, 5:47:10 PM by LostInBayport (When there are more people riding in the cart than there are pulling it, the cart stops moving…)

ArnoldGoodOne
To: Reno89519

I agree with you.

Sadly, FR continues doing the same “maintenance” over & over & over and expecting different results. Einstein had a name for that behaviour….but I digress.

It’s waaaay past time to consider a qualified outside IT consultant to correctly analyze the problem and begin to move the site in a direction to bring long term stability to the site.

If the “same old, same old” continues, freepers will begin leaving due to the inability to run a basic website.

I hope an outside IT consultant arrives soon…..

45 posted on 7/29/2017, 6:02:51 PM by newfreep (“If Lyin’ Ted was an American citizen, he would be a traitor.”)

GeekSquadHelp
More Freeper Fail after the DDOS attack…

Finally, the “bow down to our master” contingent shows up :
To: djf; Jim Robinson

Thank you, Jim Robinson, and all who provide support for this free conservative news site. Pay no heed to these negative naybobs(sic) of negativism who appear to be nothing but entitled leeches on your coattails.

58 posted on 7/29/2017, 6:14:12 PM by Real Cynic No More (Border Fence Obamacare!Jim robinson)

I hate it when leeches get on my coattails.

To: djf

I have problems here with how slow it is , but if Jim pulls this site for good, what are we going to do then???

What are you going to do then?

What am *I* going to do then?

It can run slow, at least FR is still here…

64 posted on 7/29/2017, 6:18:07 PM by HarleyLady27 ( “The Force Awakens!!!”…Trump and Pence: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!)

To: djf

FR is nearly unusable

Not a Freeper per Se, but I noticed that the funds raising marathon, is perpetual. One is over, the next one is right behind it.

YaThink

Doing some mathematics, it looks like FR is in need of upward of $350,000 + a year to function.

Some other web sites similar in content, never asked for contributions and are functioning extremely well. Just asking….

70 posted on 7/29/2017, 6:26:14 PM by exodan

And then – suddenly….
To: arthurus

We have an attacker who’s been hitting us pretty hard in the afternoons for the last four or five days. John’s having a devil of a time permanently blocking him/them.

71 posted on 7/29/2017, 6:27:03 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyranThank you very much, ts is obedience to God!)

NetworkingForDummies
To: djf

It is a tragedy that I can’t come here as much and need to go to other places where we likemindeds are, but it’s not the same. Impossible in the evenings to post or read here. And none of the other sites beg for money and they work just fine. Frustrating because FR was always my favorite. It’s like a best friend dying. Clearly there is absolutely no correlation between donating and the site being reliable so I don’t see the point in donating. Which ALSO makes me sad. It didn’t have to go this way.

86 posted on 7/29/2017, 6:45:38 PM by Yaelle (We have a Crisis of Information in this country. Our enemies hold the megaphone.)

And now – the post of the thread!
To: Yaelle

there is absolutely no correlation between donating and the site being reliable

I think the freepathon progress bar sucks up a lot of bandwidth.

91 posted on 7/29/2017, 6:48:16 PM by RegulatorCountry

Time for one more – how about:

Chix Nix Dix Pix !

Variety ^ | 8/4/2017 | Variety Staff

Posted on 8/4/2017, 8:59:29 PM by LadyBuzz

Fox News’ Eric Bolling sent pictures of male genitalia to at least three female colleagues, according the Huffington Post. The website cited 14 unnamed sources in its report, including the women who allegedly received the lewd text messages.

************

The Huffington Post quoted a Fox News spokesperson saying “We were just informed of this and plan to investigate the matter.”A former commodities trader and CNBC anchor, Bolling has worked at Fox News and Fox Business since 2007. He currently serves as host of news show “The Specialists” on Fox News. Bolling’s contract with Fox News was renewed in June.

1 posted on 8/4/2017, 8:59:29 PM by LadyBuzz
Survey_Says
To: LadyBuzz

Deep state

2 posted on 8/4/2017, 9:00:27 PM by McCarthysGhost

Let’s get the obligatory Weiner reference out of the way:
To: PAR35

As well, how do they know he was not just forwarding Anthony Wiener e-mails?

6 posted on 8/4/2017, 9:06:02 PM by 17th Miss Regt

I’m guessing “major size difference”.
To: LadyBuzz

Dont buy it..in fact he was on “The Five” earlier today and doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who would send pics of his ding dong to other employees

9 posted on 8/4/2017, 9:07:20 PM by Sarah Barracuda

Maybe he thought it was “The Five Inches“?
To: PAR35

Sounds like some Transgender snowflake took a picture of his husband.

10 posted on 8/4/2017, 9:07:51 PM by shadeaud ( Keep the front sight focused and the rear a bit cloudy. Breathe and execute slowly.)

Freudianfieldday
To: Sarah Barracuda

From the NY Daily News:

The women — made up of his former and current network co-workers — were able to identify Bolling as the sender behind the lewd photos because they recognized his phone number, according to the news site.One of the recipients said she told Bolling to never send her such messages again, but didn’t receive a reply.

His lawyer’s response is weirdly worded, at least it seems to me:

“Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made,” he told HuffPost.

11 posted on 8/4/2017, 9:17:47 PM by CaptainK (No collusion.No obstruction.He’s a leaker.)
GuiltyAliens
Hope rises :
To: LadyBuzz

I seriously doubt that Eric Bolling did this. Sounds like they’re trying to frame and silence another conservative voice.

18 posted on 8/4/2017, 9:25:44 PM by meyer (The Constitution says what it says, and it doesn’t say what it doesn’t say.)

And strikes reality :
To: Vinnie

It really is hard to believe – I just checked Fox News to see if his program Cashin In was on this morning & it’s not.

It also looks like the Cashin In facebook page is gone.

107 posted on 8/5/2017, 10:38:55 AM by LadyBuzz

WinningBoom
To: Freedom56v2

Just a hunch. They are trying to get rid of every true Conservative in the public eye. I am surprised that Hannity is still on.

55 posted on 8/4/2017, 10:44:00 PM by McCarthysGhost

Looking at his latest ratings, so am I.
Of course, the Derp State is definitely behind this:
To: LadyBuzz

Boling states 3 weeks ago he might run for senate. Now he is allegedly sending photos of his johnson. This is pure crap. He did not do this.

66 posted on 8/4/2017, 11:10:53 PM by Texas Songwriter (proawakileftist)

To: CaptainK

Sounds like Bolling was using a “burner” phone for some action on the side.

So he DID send the pics.

I seriously doubt he was sending those pics on his work number. The “ladies” most likely are lying here.

23 posted on 8/4/2017, 9:39:42 PM by lodi90

So he DIDN’T send the pics?
And – of course – the post of the thread!
To: LadyBuzz
They don’t actually say they were his. Could be a gorilla’s, donkey’s, . or other miscellaneous download.
21 posted on 8/4/2017, 9:39:10 PM by Veto! (Political Correctness Offends Me)
Not much I can add to that.
See you good people next week, and my thanks to Athenae for letting me take a mental health week.
Tagged , , , , , , ,