Happy Democrat Photo: Critical Difference Edition

This is interesting.

Democratic candidates have never had a problem defending themselves. They’ll do it for hours, with policy papers and citations and supporting testimony. Defense has never been our problem. Our offense is what’s sucked.

Obama’s not defending himself.

He’s attacking.

Others, take notes.

9 thoughts on “Happy Democrat Photo: Critical Difference Edition

1. hoppycalif says:

That is interesting, and disappointing at the same time. Interesting because Obama’s campaign pulled no punches and responded in kind. But, disappointing for the same reason. This could easily be the beginning of an escalating battle of insults among Democratic contenders, something we certainly don’t need.
    I think the message to take home from this is that Hillary’s campaign team is scared of Obama, and Obama’s campaign team is not scared of Hillary.

2. scoutprime says:

Does this dispell the notion that Obama was just running to be Hillary’s VP?

3. Raoul Paste says:

Attack. And I hope Obama doesn’t show up at the Fox News smearfest in Nevada.

4. justathought says:

A couple things:
    1. Let’s hope they attack Republicans as vigorously.
    2. Does it really help that the Obama camp, among others, seems to be using right-wing framing in it’s attacks?
    I mean, I know the first statement was by Geffen, not Obama himself… but still, let’s look at what they said:
    -Geffen: I don’t think that another incredibly polarizing figure, no matter how smart she is and no matter how ambitious she is — and God knows, is there anybody more ambitious than Hillary Clinton? — can bring the country together.
    Hmmmm… “Hilary is polarizing and God knows, she’s ambitious.” got it.
    So Team Clinton responds that Geffen should pipe down, apologize, and Obama should give his $$$ back. (I know, I know)
    -Here’s Obama’s spokesman’s response: From Robert Gibbs, the campaign’s communications director: It is ironic that the Clintons had no problem with David Geffen when was raising them $18 million and sleeping at their invitation in the Lincoln bedroom.
    Oh wow, the ol’ “Lincoln Bedroom” crap. What’s next? Gibbs accusing Geffen of killing Vince Foster?
    -and for good measure: [I]t is also ironic that Senator Clinton lavished praise on Monday and is fully willing to accept today the support of South Carolina State Sen. Robert Ford, who said if Barack Obama were to win the nomination, he would drag down the rest of the Democratic Party because ‘he’s black.'”
    Yes, by all means, let’s drag THAT little bit of steaming diseased crap through the media for a while.
    (and no, I don’t support either of them, yet.)

5. justathought says:

Oh, sorry, I must apologize for forgetting to mention that if this is correct:
    “Senator Clinton lavished praise on Monday and is fully willing to accept today the support of South Carolina State Sen. Robert Ford, who said if Barack Obama were to win the nomination, he would drag down the rest of the Democratic Party because ‘he’s black.'”
    Then Clinton is the one that needs to denounce her supporter’s words.
    But geez, can’t they attack each other w/o repeating conservative smears?

6. WitchWay11 says:

Yeah, I agree with the sentiments of hoppy and justathought. Sure, it’s nice that the “rapid response” is there. Nice demonstration of taking no shit. Terrific. But is this what we need going on *between* Democratic candidates? Already? I’m thinking not.
    This is the kind of shit that, if it goes on, will paint Dems with the same bullshit smeary brush as Republicans. And God knows that we do not want that. Nothing good can come of it.
    Like justathought said, “I suppose it’s too much to ask that Democratic Party candidates attack each other using Democratic talking points?”. Perhaps it is. Ugh.

7. norbizness says:

From the reports, it looks like there’s going to be 16000+ people at Auditorium Shores on Town Lake in Austin to see the Senator tomorrow. Since no html (?) is permitted, here’s the link
    If they move the Texas primary up so that it actually means something, I’ll probably vote for him.

8. hoppycalif says:

norbizness, they can’t possibly move the Texas primary up enough to make it mean something. If they try, the NH and Iowa shindigs will just be moved up another month or two. Isn’t the Iowa caucus affair being held tomorrow?
    When are we peons going to catch on? The selection of a Democratic candidate is too important to be left to voters. God forbid we should get to select someone who isn’t a toady to big business.

9. Nora says:

Don’t feel too bad, norbizness; New York’s primary hasn’t meant anything in decades, and I thought we were a kind of important state for Democrats. Apparently we’re not important enough to rate a voice in the selection of our national candidates. New Hampshire and Iowa, which are not, as far as I know, blue states, get to go first and tell the rest of us who we can vote for.