Continuing Today’s Theme of Total Geekery

I think one of the reasons I love sci-fi so much is the preponderance of truly awesome chicks in leadership roles bailing their boyfriends out of jams:

8 thoughts on “Continuing Today’s Theme of Total Geekery

1. BuggyQ says:

I hate to admit it, but I’ve never actually seen any of Babylon 5. (hanging head in shame) But seeing as how I’m a big fan of Mira Furlan (she’s one of the cooler things about Lost), I may have to check it out.
    And, heaven help me, I still have a thing for Bruce Boxleitner. Especially first-season-Scarecrow Boxleitner.
    Eee. I think I just took the geek to a whole new level. Total doesn’t begin to describe it.

2. Tena says:

I have to tell you this – it’s so crazy. I’ve been sick for about a week and having the strangest dreams every night. Last night I dreamed all night long about Starbuck. I dreamed a whole season of BSG – with all kinds of lesbian sex starring the gorgeous Starbuck.
    That almost beats the other night in Taos, when I had watched the reality show MIami Ink before I went to sleep, and dreamed all damn night long about tattoos.

3. Ivy says:

Thank you so much! That has got to be one of my most favorite scenes in all of TV land! That one and the one in season five where Delenn barely escapes from some Shadow left-overs and then turns her ships right around and goes back to kick ass!
    Then there was the scene addressing Earth and the new version of the chicken hawks fly over head… Adn the scene…
    Oh gosh, I think I need to pull out my DVDs!
    AGAIN!
    Thank you again!

4. r@d@r says:

Tena, if that’s sick, who wants to be well!!

5. Maitri says:

Nothing like some B5 early on a Saturday morning, I say. Strazcynski is a genius.

6. Tena says:

Hey radar – It was a vivid and a memorable dream, let me tell you. 🙂

7. coldH2Owi says:

“Be somewhere else” – woo-boy that’s just wonderful. Thanks.

8. The_Other_Sarah says:

Amen. That so rocks. DeLenn and Sheridan together — and the long and careful coming together between them — MADE Babylon 5.
    Strazcynski is, indeed, a genius.
    But my second favorite scene in all of Babylon 5 is Marcus, the Ranger.
    The line goes, “Bugger. Now I’ve got to wait for somebody to wake up.”
    So many of the scenes in that show (yeah, I have the DVDs at home, too) resonate so much with today’s political … misadventure …