Liberal parents put their daughters on birth control as soon as they reach puberty in order to avoid pregnancy — certainly inviting them to participate without penalty.
A number of things:
1. So a pregnancy is a penalty? I thought, in the minds of the pro-life contingent, a pregnancy was a precious miracle from God that was not to be screwed with by doctors or legislators. Which is it? It can’t be a miracle and a smiting at the same time.
2. And people â daughters only, presumably, since the writer mentions nothing about our young men being given condoms along with their lunch money by all those pinko adults â should be punished for “participating” in the wild hedonistic culture of having S E X.
3. Plenty of conservative parents put their children on birth control, if the Republican-voting district in which my high school was located was any indication.
4. Not to be gross, but parents also “put” their daughters on birth control (as if they grind it up and put it in the orange juice instead of taking the kid to the doctor) to ease menstrual difficulties. Of course, if asked, I’m sure the above authority on women’s health and safety would advocate young girls be incapacitated by pain each month just to remind them what imperfect beings they are.
5. But I can’t take any of this seriously because in the final paragraph of this diatribe we get this:
Sodomy is celebrated.
Y’all have been holding out on me. Fine. Don’t invite me to the sodomy bash. See if I care. See if I ever read any of your blogwhoring e-mails again.