Disabled Children Happen Because You Sinned

This fucking guy is making Todd Akin look like a model of compassion and warmth:

It is the principle of sin, rebellion against God and His truth which has brought about birth defects and other destructive natural occurrences. Leaving aside that for a moment, recent discoveries about the genetic code of each human being are a fulfillment of scripture. Your genetic code is the handwriting of God, written before you or the world existed. Our genetic blueprint is proof of the existence of the Living God and His infinite intelligence, purpose and design. Sadly, many will ignore the deeper spiritual truth which underlies the advance of this scientific knowledge.

Take that, parents of children with various genetic disorders! If you hadn’t wounded the world with your sinning, your kid would be perfect!

Any time a parent of a special needs child would like to punch this guy in the face, I am SO TOTALLY GOOD FOR BAIL MONEY.

9 thoughts on “Disabled Children Happen Because You Sinned

1. Monkeyfister says:

EWWWWWWWWWW Jackson.
    And this guy calls himself a Doctor?
    Horrifying.

2. Jay in Oregon says:

What I don’t understand is how—HOW—this asshole didn’t get laughed off of the political stage the first time he opened up his mouth and started saying crazy shit.
    Assuming you are not a crazy-ass Jesus freak like him, how do you vote for a guy who thinks that God will magically give you all of the money you deserve and that sinning causes birth defects? How could you possibly believe that such a person will be an effective leader? (What do you think his positions are on providing affordable health care to pregnant women and infants? Probably something like SHUT YOUR LEGS, WHORE, AND YOUR BABY WILL BE FINE.)

3. thebewilderness says:

You can almost half way sorta understand Martin Luther making this argument in the 16th Century, which included the assertion that these children born with birth defects should be put to death.
    Zombie lies never die.

4. Bill Peterson says:

And where are Sarah Palin and her fanboys in this conversation? They’ve been having fits over Bill Maher using the word “retard” in a comedy routine, but apparently IOKIYAR.

5. PurpleGirl says:

I’m assuming then that this guy is all right with the idea that dark-skinned people are the children of Ham and are therefore destined to be forever oppressed by whites (or something to that effect).

6. Geeno says:

My mother-in-law’s parents got this guff from her mother’s parents after their first child was born deaf, and they basically cut off ties with them when their third child lost her hearing in a car accident and the parents just couldn’t resist going there again.

7. Interrobang says:

I have cerebral palsy. If I punch him in the face on behalf of all PWDs, will you post my bail? I mean, bad enough as it is for the parents, it’s even worse for the kids if you think about it. Whee! I’m the living embodiment of somebody else’s sin!
    I think the classic “every New Yorker cartoon’s caption ever” line is appropriate here: Christ, what an asshole!

8. Athenae says:

Geeno, Jesus Christ. I cannot believe the shit people say out loud.
    Interro, I’ll pass the hat for that, gladly.

9. Brooklyn Girl says:

It never ceases to amaze me that, in the vastness of the universe, with its billions of galaxies filled with billions of stars, there are assholes who actually think that THEY PERSONALLY SPEAK FOR “GOD” …